Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167312 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #930 on: August 19, 2016, 02:05:50 am »

We Im guess after the AI run genocide, there's probably a few less people in the once currently high populous areas. Especially since ww1 tactics are in use.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 19, 2016, 02:23:47 am »

There's a complete lack of (literal) tanks as well.  Or even AT weapons.  Its possible that bullets are better against the robots for some reason, or maybe the humans just didn't get show off their explosive weapons in that one clip.

More likely tho Overwatch runs on soft sci-fi/comic book logic and in the wars of the future you look the enemy in the eye when you kill them.  You know, we got nukes and shit but somehow the fate of Earth always seems to come down to human-ish combatants fighting at close range.  I dunno, I thought it was a pretty kickass scene.  Finally got to see what the Crisis was like and I'm digging it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 19, 2016, 02:40:27 am »

They might simply not be able to build them, since weren't the bastions what was used to replace a good chuck of the military?
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 19, 2016, 03:15:37 am »

Could of just been a rushed together last stand to try and give some other fighting force time to ready up. A handful of Crusaders and soldiers to try and buy time for the guys with tanks and artillery to set up or something.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 19, 2016, 03:48:10 am »

For justification I'd probably go with either the production of war machines being turned over to the Omniums before they went rogue, or perhaps some of the bots use a smaller scale power source like the Omniums use, which would be a very bad call to use explosives against (see: australia).

But yeah, there's a few anti-omnic characters.
Torb, Junkrat, Zarya all have anti-omnic lines if you listen for them.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 19, 2016, 05:16:24 am »

umiman, it's obvious. Bastion was a dirty camper all along. He camped in that forest for the entire Omnic war.

Someone on Reddit said this about it:
"Though Bastion's new nature is gentle, its core combat programming takes over when the unit senses danger, utilizing its entire arsenal to eliminate anything it perceives as a threat. This has led to instances of conflict with the few humans it has encountered, and it tries to avoid populated areas in favor of the wild, uncharted regions of the world."

http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Bastion#Background

So he's like... Wobbuffet.

Only Wobbuffet was actually good. (Albeit predictable.)

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 19, 2016, 02:20:36 pm »

For justification I'd probably go with either the production of war machines being turned over to the Omniums before they went rogue, or perhaps some of the bots use a smaller scale power source like the Omniums use, which would be a very bad call to use explosives against (see: australia).

But yeah, there's a few anti-omnic characters.
Torb, Junkrat, Zarya all have anti-omnic lines if you listen for them.

Seeing as the Omniums were shut down for 30 or so years, I don't think they really turned over the warmachines to them.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 19, 2016, 02:56:18 pm »

I'm kind of curious where in modern or semimodern Germany you can wander in a forest, continuously, for at least 24 hours, without seeing even a sign of humanity.

Also, has anyone in the Overwatch setting ever heard of artillery?
the hell is this shit then

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #938 on: August 19, 2016, 08:57:17 pm »

Absurdly short range artillery. Why are they fighting infantry robots with HAMMERS?!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 19, 2016, 09:26:46 pm »

ROCKET hammers that SHOOT FIRE.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 19, 2016, 09:44:53 pm »

Don't diss the Heart of the Rhine, kiddo. My dad works for Blizzard, I'll get you banned.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 20, 2016, 04:16:18 am »

Absurdly short range artillery. Why are they fighting infantry robots with HAMMERS?!
This is a world where when you die you turn into a superghostman who can carry an infinite amount of shotguns.

It's not a place where logic holds sway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 20, 2016, 09:21:58 am »

Nah, Reyes is such an edgelord that he bleeds shotguns. He just has to keep cutting himself every couple minutes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 20, 2016, 02:05:29 pm »

Nah, Reyes is such an edgelord that he bleeds shotguns. He just has to keep cutting himself every couple minutes.
Imagine an old black man being all emo.

That actually seems kinda sad. It'd be the kind of stuff someone would make a depressing documentary about.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 20, 2016, 02:14:31 pm »

but ... he's not black. You can see his elbows with some skins/emotes :p
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 107