Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167322 times)

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #915 on: August 18, 2016, 03:47:26 pm »

Oh that is just blizzard easter eggs, they are Diablo's horns.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 18, 2016, 03:53:26 pm »

...now I see that. Today is not a good day for me :P
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 18, 2016, 03:55:03 pm »

Did anyone post the new Bastion FMV?

If not, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to8yh83jlXg

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I watched this while eating my breakfast and my mother was up cooking something.

I got tears in my cereal, and my mum was quite confused as to what was wrong. It was a very emotional experience ;-;
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 18, 2016, 06:42:41 pm »

Did anyone post the new Bastion FMV?

If not, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to8yh83jlXg

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Reply (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Very mild (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Reply (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 18, 2016, 07:13:13 pm »

espite being famous for fighting Omnics, NONE of the characters with space-racist lines were ever part of Overwatch.

Space-Racist? Though Torbjorn is probably one of the most 'hateful' of omnics and he was part of original overwatch.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: August 18, 2016, 07:22:02 pm »

I watched this while eating my breakfast and my mother was up cooking something.

I got tears in my cereal, and my mum was quite confused as to what was wrong. It was a very emotional experience ;-;
Robot's don't have feelings, silly.

My personal view is that Bastions aren't omnics, but merely "combat automata." But perhaps this particular one organically developed feelings from being innawoods for awhile, and that might technically make it an omnic?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 18, 2016, 07:38:05 pm »

Robot's don't have feelings, silly.

My personal view is that Bastions aren't omnics, but merely "combat automata." But perhaps this particular one organically developed feelings from being innawoods for awhile, and that might technically make it an omnic?

Bastions were originally peacekeeping robots, all robots in this seem to be Omnics if they are all produced from the Omniums, but some didn't fully become 'self-aware' like the others, as it was stated somewhere that they have the capacity for free will, not that they all do. Though considering that they used Bastion units as the primary military force for the Omnic Crisis, I'm sure they wouldn't care if they were self-aware or not due to being one of the primary 'faces' of the destructive forces that ravaged the planet.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 18, 2016, 07:55:20 pm »

espite being famous for fighting Omnics, NONE of the characters with space-racist lines were ever part of Overwatch.

Space-Racist? Though Torbjorn is probably one of the most 'hateful' of omnics and he was part of original overwatch.
My pet description for fictional racism in Sci-fi.

I haven't heard any voice lines from Torb to suggest he hates Omnics.  I know he didn't want to build them in the first place, but that seems more like caution than prejudice.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 18, 2016, 08:09:14 pm »

My pet description for fictional racism in Sci-fi.

I haven't heard any voice lines from Torb to suggest he hates Omnics.  I know he didn't want to build them in the first place, but that seems more like caution than prejudice.

One of his most 'infamous' lines shows up when he arrives in King's row "If you ask me, the Brits have their heads on straight! "Omnic rights"...ptuh! "

Along with his reaction to Nepal "This place is like a culmination of a thousand of my worst nightmares! Are you kidding me?! "

And his reaction to Numbani which is a serious of straight NO's! And as his line with a Bastion indicates "I hate working with these Talking Tin Cans"

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 18, 2016, 08:18:11 pm »

Shit, I heard those lines but misheard all of them.  I thought he was saying something awkward about British people, as in like humans, in that first one.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: August 18, 2016, 09:05:35 pm »

Along with his reaction to Nepal "This place is like a culmination of a thousand of my worst nightmares! Are you kidding me?! "

I think half of it is that he hates omnics.  The other half is that he hates stairs and climbing.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 18, 2016, 09:12:01 pm »

umiman, it's obvious. Bastion was a dirty camper all along. He camped in that forest for the entire Omnic war.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 18, 2016, 10:02:02 pm »

That's my secret, Cap. I'm always camping.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 18, 2016, 10:32:42 pm »

umiman, it's obvious. Bastion was a dirty camper all along. He camped in that forest for the entire Omnic war.

Someone on Reddit said this about it:
"Though Bastion's new nature is gentle, its core combat programming takes over when the unit senses danger, utilizing its entire arsenal to eliminate anything it perceives as a threat. This has led to instances of conflict with the few humans it has encountered, and it tries to avoid populated areas in favor of the wild, uncharted regions of the world."

http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Bastion#Background

So he's like... Wobbuffet.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #929 on: August 19, 2016, 01:42:48 am »

I'm kind of curious where in modern or semimodern Germany you can wander in a forest, continuously, for at least 24 hours, without seeing even a sign of humanity.

Also, has anyone in the Overwatch setting ever heard of artillery?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 107