Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167287 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #885 on: August 08, 2016, 06:21:05 pm »

Bastion: now Mei.
Black lives matter.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 08, 2016, 06:30:47 pm »

Yeah, that's not really what I was getting at. The ability to permanently close off one route or sight-lane could be a really cool tool to work with. Obviously you'd have to make the new terrain disappear if the person who placed it swapped hero.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 08, 2016, 06:35:04 pm »

You can already do that with two Meis :P

Its not perfect, but its damn near perfect.  You can put walls down inside each other so there's literally no time for them to walk through, they have to cut their way through which with the current state of the wall is almost impossible except as turret mode Bastion.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 08, 2016, 06:36:29 pm »

Hanamura wouldn't be playable
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 08, 2016, 06:58:52 pm »

Hence
That... could actually be a really interesting passive ability. It'd take some careful balancing and probably area restrictions so that you can't just block off the enemy spawn or the only chokepoint though.

3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 08, 2016, 07:33:10 pm »

Hanamura wouldn't be playable
Is it really playable now?  i can and have made the front door impassable forever with double Mei.  Which like there's ways around that strategy, but that shouldn't even be possible in a well designed map.  There's literally one fairly small choke ALL ground only characters have to pass through to get to the first point, and the only side way is tiny.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 11, 2016, 04:46:34 pm »

So, am I the only one who thinks Genji is about due for a nerf?  The problems I see with him, in rough order of severity:

1.  His ult is fucking ludicrous.  Its death blossom with twice the duration, no meaningful self inflicted disable (as opposed to disabling everything but slow walking), the same or even higher DPS except at point blank, and it makes him FASTER in complete violation of how every other "self upgrade" ult works.  If it were on a different character it would be merely OP, but on Genji with his deflect and dash its team destroying bullshit I can't believe anyone ever thought was fair.  There are so many Genjis online right now that accomplish nothing at all and then every 3-5 minutes come in for their Blizzard awarded team kill.  And they win games doing this.  The only other character that typically plays just to build ult is Symmetra, and that's clearly how she was intended to be played.

2.  His shurikens are not actually weak, even at long range.  Tracer works as a character (although I would still describe even her as a bit OP on some maps) because she has to stick her neck out to really get stuff done.  Genji has no such limitations.  He can spam at a Rein (or even a smaller character like Mercy) in the back from a rooftop all day, and his double defensive abilities + defensive passive + higher than Tracer health will keep him alive with no real opportunity for counter play unless you're a far better player than him.  Building his ult the whole time of course.

3.  His dash and wall climb mean that characters like Mei, Zarya, and Winston that were clearly meant to counter him do no such thing.  They just don't do a enough damage, or disable quickly enough in the case of Mei.  Winston was meant to be able to chase forever with his jump, but his gun is very horizontal and he can't *stay* in the air and on top of that Genji just has to get back to his healers which might not be that far away.  The only half decent counter is McCree, but... not only is flashbang short range (see point 2) the ult that McCree brings to the table is not only worse, it can be countered fairly easily by Genji (the red circle makes it difficult/impossible to tell at a distance if you're shooting a Genji or if he's reflecting).

4.  Ana's introduction took problems that were already present in Genji and, well, supercharged them.  I just watched, in a 65+ competitive game (so top 15% of players as I understand it), the 5 player team effortlessly stomp the 6 player team by having the tanks intentionally take damage to build ult on Ana, and then using the Ana/Genji wombo combo in every fight.  In the words of the Ana player, "it doesn't matter how many people you have when there's a nano boosted Genji ult."

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 11, 2016, 05:25:35 pm »

So, am I the only one who thinks Genji is about due for a nerf?  The problems I see with him, in rough order of severity:

4.  Ana's introduction took problems that were already present in Genji and, well, supercharged them.  I just watched, in a 65+ competitive game (so top 15% of players as I understand it), the 5 player team effortlessly stomp the 6 player team by having the tanks intentionally take damage to build ult on Ana, and then using the Ana/Genji wombo combo in every fight.  In the words of the Ana player, "it doesn't matter how many people you have when there's a nano boosted Genji ult."

Haaa, you watched ster's video, didn't you?

EDIT: Keep in mind that ster is currently top 500, so that's the level of play you are looking at there. I haven't seen nearly as awesome genji-ana plays in the usual games that I have played.

Here's the video btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf69utGlPNU
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 05:29:30 pm by EvilTwin »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 11, 2016, 06:31:55 pm »

Haha yeah, you watch a Seagull video and come out of it thinking that Genji's super OP, but then you watch a solo queue Genji play... Q.Q.

3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 11, 2016, 06:47:00 pm »

I don't watch Seagull videos... I don't seek out OW content on the internet, I just play the game.  I saw the Ster video because I liked him from before OW came out, but I had already formed my opinion of Genji before watching that video (hence why I only mention it in my least severe problem).  My opinion is based on Genjis I meet in my games and my own experience playing the hero.  I don't know who you're getting matched with, but the difference between pub Genjis now and on release is night and day.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: August 11, 2016, 06:48:04 pm »

Mostly I notice them when their ult shout cuts off as they die prematurely. :/

3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: August 11, 2016, 07:08:34 pm »

Well then they shouldn't be ulting in plain sight.  The ones in my game dash in, double jump around two-shotting squish characters at the edge of the sword's range, constantly refreshing their dash.  And he's frequently supported by bubble or nano boost or even sound barrier.  Hell I had one game where the attackers dropped two genji ults and a nanboost at the same time.  It was... effective would be an understatement, even by the standards of dropping 3 ults at once.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 11, 2016, 08:13:43 pm »

Sounds like a good Genji to me.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 11, 2016, 09:09:09 pm »

Overwatch: everything is OP, everything is UP. Therefore balenced game? :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 11, 2016, 10:24:35 pm »

That's the thing about high-skill characters and such, they're either all high or all low, and that's almost entirely tied to player skill. Same as with Widow, except that a good Widow was even more oppressive.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 107