Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167247 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #795 on: July 26, 2016, 10:13:43 pm »

I am constructive forum user

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 26, 2016, 10:30:25 pm »

TreeLobster#11857

If I'm not playing the objective as Reinhardt or acting as a defensive Reaper, I'm probably bumping people off of cliffs for the fun of it.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: July 27, 2016, 11:32:21 pm »

also, finally tried Ana in a real (well, quick play on current server) game. surprising how much fun with her, and even more surprised how much damage i was outputting. couldn't use the sleepshot for shit, though

The sleep dart fires slightly delayed after you hit the button. Its travel time is fast, but don't expect to long range snipe people with it.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 28, 2016, 12:01:50 am »

Black lives matter.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 28, 2016, 12:14:33 am »

The sleep shot is hard, but mainly its high pressure.  You get one shot every 12 seconds and its frequently the only thing in between at least one of your teammates and death.  I've heard advice that since its such a powerful stun you should just throw it out there and I disagree.  I've actually had Roadhogs specifically wait for me to waste the sleep and THEN ult because the dart is such a powerful tool.  You really want to have that off cooldown when that deployed bastion or ulting Pharah makes themselves known.  Its like Reinhardt's charge, the temptation is there but you need to restrain yourself.

Also you'll just have to practice it.  Its like Pharah's rockets, you're not going to wake up one day and be good at it.  Experience experience experience.

too fucking op
oh noooooooooo
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: July 28, 2016, 06:01:03 am »

I don't think that anything worse has happened than Lucio amping up his speed aura to try to "help" me clear the point on Ilios. I didn't want to dive into the well in the center mid Death Blossom and I didn't want to explain it either.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 28, 2016, 11:01:37 am »

I don't think that anything worse has happened than Lucio amping up his speed aura to try to "help" me clear the point on Ilios. I didn't want to dive into the well in the center mid Death Blossom and I didn't want to explain it either.
gotta go faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast!

Seriously though that well is both the most entertaining thing in the game and the bane of my existence. So many failed Winston jumps, right into the well.  :'(
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 28, 2016, 12:42:15 pm »

gotta go faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast!

Seriously though that well is both the most entertaining thing in the game and the bane of my existence. So many failed Winston jumps, right into the well.  :'(

I 100% agree :D I was flying over it with D.Va, when I got stunned by Ana while I was right in the middle over it. Hilarity EnsuedTM

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 28, 2016, 03:31:44 pm »

Also the zero-sum-game Roadhog standoffs around it. No matter who gets hooked they're both going into the pit.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 28, 2016, 04:49:42 pm »

Somewhere along the line the average pub Lucio learned that speed boost is better than heal boost.  I don't know why, personally I think the speed boost is a liability 80% of the time unless you're in voice comms and know its coming.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

KillerFrogs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: July 28, 2016, 06:30:08 pm »

KillerFrogs#1647 current skill rating of 60

I've kinda got tired of running into toxic people when solo queuing, so feel free to add me. I usually try to be whatever is needed.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 28, 2016, 09:42:52 pm »

Somewhere along the line the average pub Lucio learned that speed boost is better than heal boost.  I don't know why, personally I think the speed boost is a liability 80% of the time unless you're in voice comms and know its coming.

Depends on what's needed. If we have a Mercy I'll speed boost unless we're grouping on the point. The speed boost can also provide a metric assload of opportunities for any character. Even before Ana, Reinhardt was a weapon of mass destruction when his speed got boosted. At least when I'm Reinhardt. The best Lucios, in my opinion, actually do use the speed boost more than healing. But obviously it always depends on team comps and the ability of the team to work together. With pubs who like to trickle you're going to get Lucios who are only useful while speed boosting, because that's all they know.

The best Lucios wall-ride in circles around the point and piss off whole teams.  8)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 29, 2016, 02:07:26 am »

Did anyone else get horrible, way beyond normal lag for today (yesterday now) and just today?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 29, 2016, 02:56:56 am »

I drew a dumb Overwatch thing.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 29, 2016, 03:02:02 am »

im dva
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 107