Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167222 times)

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #675 on: July 01, 2016, 01:07:46 am »

Haven't really seen any of you guys on.  I saw Max a few times but he'd log out soon after I log on.  Other then that, I've been playing a few games with Kalanosh.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 01, 2016, 01:12:28 am »

Lost 8 games in a row today, getting multiple golds every time. Starting to feel awful salty...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 01, 2016, 01:39:40 am »

I could've told you guys competitive video games is the worst thing you can do with your time.  Competitive is the same as casual but everyone's ten times madder.
Shoes...

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 01, 2016, 03:13:10 am »

I could've told you guys competitive video games is the worst thing you can do with your time.  Competitive is the same as casual but everyone's ten times madder.
It's not the same, though, there's golden fucking guns at stake here, man! Think of the golden fucking GUNS!
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 01, 2016, 04:54:57 am »

It's not the same, though, there's golden fucking guns at stake here, man! Think of the golden fucking GUNS!

Give it a year or two and there will probably even be HATS. Can't wait to earn the Overwatch equivalent of a Ghastly Gibus^^

On a related note, this happened in Quick Play: We had two or three Genjis and one of them was salty about Mei killing him.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 01, 2016, 07:01:36 am »

starting to hate comp more and more. i might just start instalocking genji. no one ever wants to fucking tank/heal even though meta is 2 tank/2 support.

EDIT 1/2: This originally started me off on a big rant about goddamn genji's and my useless teams. But I backspace'd the whole thing in favor of something more constructive.

Team Service Announcement:

For the love of fuck, just group. The safest place on the entire map is right next to your tanks, the healer understands that. The healer on your team knows that that tank has blocking and crowd control and annoying consistent close range damage to zone enemies. That makes the healer already a better player than our instalock genji main. Now the tanks and healers are all hanging out in mid having a big party, you're invited, come on down and join the party. But instalock genji main knows better, he is too cool for school, only dweebs and nerds would hang out in mid.

"ugh" says the instalock genji main, after dying to the enemy winston for the fifth time, while he was running around alone away from his team, "can't carry trash"
The friendly pharah laughs maniacally, she has just combo'd ultimates with mother bear (zarya) and performed manslaughter, a major felony.
A single tear rolls down genji's face, if only he could be that cool.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 01, 2016, 07:56:03 am »

"ugh" says the instalock genji main, after dying to the enemy winston for the fifth time, while he was running around alone away from his team, "can't carry trash"
The friendly pharah laughs maniacally, she has just combo'd ultimates with mother bear (zarya) and performed manslaughter, a major felony.
A single tear rolls down genji's face, if only he could be that cool.

If only I was artsy, I would definitely draw this into a comic :D

EDIT: I am so done with playing with randoms. Noone ever picks support, so I end up playing it even though I suck at it, so noone gets any kills because apparently it is very very hard to hit people with rockets, or shuriken, or revolvers or what have you. I really wish they did matchmaking based on actual skill instead of winrate as they are doing currently. I also really hate how groups have their own voice chat. Great, there are 4 people of which 2 each are coordinated with each other, but when you go in solo nobody can even hear me.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 11:42:59 am by EvilTwin »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 01, 2016, 11:46:08 am »

Personally I believe that Overwatch teams benefit from one, and exactly one, character that is flanking or flying.  A Genji who knows how to keep himself alive can accomplish a lot without really needing tanks or much attention from a healer.  But that relies on the other 5 team members raising hell so that Genji can be a dick with his shurikens and waste the time of anyone who tries to bleed off from the main group to chase him.  Genji also becomes massively more survivable if he can get slight amounts of damage on random people and then his team kills them; refreshing the dash is really powerful.  He's not a "carry" hero in any sense, whoever in this thread described him as an agility tank had the right idea.

Sry, but the day I have to listen to random strangers bitching about our team comp and telling me what to do is the day that I uninstall Overwatch.  There is literally nothing more annoying in online games than randoms with voice comms.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 01, 2016, 12:13:42 pm »

Making comments about getting better team comp is part of the game. The bad part is when people are extremely rude and/or knowitall about it. There's nothing wrong with suggesting swaps that might help, and also nothing wrong with not swapping if you dont agree. Unless you are one of two widows. Then please commit sudoku.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 01, 2016, 02:25:45 pm »

Personally I believe that Overwatch teams benefit from one, and exactly one, character that is flanking or flying.

This. However I cannot describe with enough disdain how exceedingly commonplace it is in normal quick plays to run into teams that have tracer + genji + reaper as their damage lineup, a token tank, a token healer, and some guy faffing off with a sniper rifle. Especially when I end up being the token tank, and my team gets dunked by the enemy team that grouped. Or when the enemy team has that lineup and my team doesn't group next to me and our healer, roam, and get dueled 1v1 and die repeatedly by roaming.

I literally cannot spam the group-up command as many times as I want to, usually the healer is the only person that listens anyway.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 01, 2016, 05:49:39 pm »

I'm already ranked in DOTA, I'm not going to get ranked in this.

Unless the usual suspects want to get together a competitive team I guess.  But for me solo Overwatch is a casual game.
I'm, of course, all for that. I love 6stacking.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 01, 2016, 06:44:29 pm »

aw ys
You know you're doing something right when the enemy team is commenting about you in chat.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 01, 2016, 06:56:26 pm »

aw ys
You know you're doing something right when the enemy team is commenting about you in chat.
Isn't this team chat though?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 01, 2016, 10:47:35 pm »

Isn't this team chat though?
Whoops. So it is. All chat is orange, isn't it. My mistake.

I, uh, still haven't actually played the game yet, I only get to watch videos because my computer can't run it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #689 on: July 01, 2016, 11:39:32 pm »

Overwatch needs a Canadian hero. I'm thinking a chainsaw-toting support who throws consumable "treats." Allies see them as delicious amber jars of maple syrup (providing a regeneration boost). Enemies hit directly by the pickup are glued in place, slowing them down.

Ultimate: You "Bull rush" towards an ally, knocking aside and damaging enemies encountered on the way. On arrival, there's a large concussive blast all around the targeted ally, whom is otherwise uneffected and, in fact, receives a quick health boost. If the ally is killed before you reach them, you rez them on impact.

Hmm... I actually like this guy. I'm going to come up with another one while I'm on a roll. Let's see... Poland. Tank with a spacesuit that provides damage reduction, and magnetic boots that provide resistance to all involuntary motion effects. His ult is venting the power core of his suit, creating a cloud of fog that makes enemies within it much more susceptible to damage from allies.

One more: This one's focused on the power. No ability to do damage other than basic melee. Sole power is creating portals (two-way Portal-like portals usable by both sides). Ult is "portal vortex," which sucks enemies into the primary (left-click) portal and out the secondary (right-click) portal. Low HP and zero basic damage potential are probably not enough to balance this hero, so perhaps portals only stay open for a limited time.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 107