Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167207 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #645 on: June 24, 2016, 12:38:44 am »

Zarya is fantastic against symettra or torbjorn
Its funny you should mention that, because those characters also love to be on the same team.  All characters with shields love Torb's armor packs; and both Torb and Symettra (especially Symettra) can go unexpectedly ham if they get a Zarya barrier on them.

I dunno, just a funny coincidence.  Lot of character interactions between those 3.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 24, 2016, 02:47:49 am »

Zarya protip: against small characters like genji/tracer/widow, use the beam like a faster mcree's pistol. The damage tick on the beam is low enough that you can think of it as a semi auto rifle/pistol. This allows you to use twitch style aiming rather than tracking aiming, and for 99% of people, twitch aiming is way easier than tracking.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 24, 2016, 02:12:04 pm »

Cheers guys. Something out of all that clicked and Zarya's now probably my preferred tank with pubs, if only because you can shield them without their cooperation :P
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 28, 2016, 07:13:57 pm »

So Competitive Play just got released on the PC version of the game. Anyone up for playing that together? I don't feel like braving the solo queue :(

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 28, 2016, 07:36:50 pm »

Anyone else getting stupid amounts of lag lately? Tried playing earlier and everyone was basically teleporting everywhere. It's not my internet, since everything else is working fine.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 28, 2016, 09:47:10 pm »

Anyone else getting stupid amounts of lag lately? Tried playing earlier and everyone was basically teleporting everywhere. It's not my internet, since everything else is working fine.

Blizz got DDOS'ed

http://www.vg247.com/2016/06/29/overwatch-servers-down-blizzard-battle-net-ddos/

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #651 on: June 28, 2016, 09:54:59 pm »

Blizz got DDOS'ed

http://www.vg247.com/2016/06/29/overwatch-servers-down-blizzard-battle-net-ddos/

That's why I advocate against the death penalty in all cases except DDOSing.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 28, 2016, 10:11:42 pm »

Hee hee.  During a competitive match today I saw an enemy Mei trap her poor Torbjorn(who was ulting) behind an icewall with our whole team shooting at him. 

I've been playing the placement matches with my roommate, and they've been fun so far.  We've lost two games and won the next three.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 28, 2016, 11:25:12 pm »

So far, with all randoms, I've gone WLWWWLLL. My last game wound up being a 3v6 stomp. Not so much fun. Had to hang it up at that point.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 29, 2016, 06:36:14 am »

Finished my ranking. 5 wins 5 losses. Final ranking 49...which I guess is pretty lose to average? Better than I expected tbh.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 29, 2016, 07:21:15 am »

Final ranking 53 after going 8/2, followed that up with a loss streak that took me down to 50, mostly because I was playing in solo queue at 3 AM and ended up mostly playing support.

And, to no one's surprise, losing in competitive - even just a round, not even a complete loss - makes people salty as fuck and prone to blaming the rest of their team, resulting in a salt cascade that causes a full loss. Funnily enough, you don't see a lot of people blaming the support, though, which means I must be occasionally doing something right.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 07:24:04 am by TherosPherae »
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 29, 2016, 03:10:32 pm »

5 W, 5 L, Ranking of 52.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 29, 2016, 08:43:12 pm »

Rank of 52, not bad for 10 games of all randoms?  Now I'm just a number I guess.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 29, 2016, 09:09:45 pm »

Done my placement matches.  5 wins, 5 losses, Rank 47.

Shouldn't be too hard to get that over 50. :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 29, 2016, 10:13:59 pm »

Hopefully we'll be able to group up on competitive now. Sick of playing with lousy randoms.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 107