Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167116 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #360 on: June 02, 2016, 07:13:45 pm »

Zarya is under-played I think. She's actually useful if you know how to play her.

And how underplayed she is means that a lot of people don't know to stop shooting when she puts up a shield :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 02, 2016, 09:01:22 pm »

Zarya is under-played I think. She's actually useful if you know how to play her.

And how underplayed she is means that a lot of people don't know to stop shooting when she puts up a shield :P

Yeah, I hardly ever see her.  And when I do I'm never entirely sure how to approach her. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 02, 2016, 09:19:20 pm »

Just talk to her man :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 02, 2016, 09:24:37 pm »

but how do you politely ask someone to crush your head in their elbow
Black lives matter.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 02, 2016, 09:25:03 pm »

but how do you politely ask someone to crush your head in their elbow
Tell her you like Omnics and you think they were right in their war.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 02, 2016, 09:39:38 pm »

Yeah, I hardly ever see her.  And when I do I'm never entirely sure how to approach her.

It's pretty simple: Don't shoot the bubble. Don't try to block her beam. Don't cluster up when she might have her ult up.

Actually, she's a pretty good counter for Lucio and Rein because of that. I quite often pick her when Genji's being a problem and Mei isn't a viable choice as well. (Except that Mei's always viable <3)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 02, 2016, 09:43:31 pm »

Although if you catch Reinhardt in the black hole he can limit the damage his teammates take, so you want to follow it up with something that ignores barriers like Hanzo's dragons or Mei's blizzard.  Or time it around when you know his barrier is weak.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 03, 2016, 05:49:43 am »

Roadhog is a less obvious Zarya wombocombo that's probably a little more consistent than the obvious Pharah and such.  The gravity will negate the pushback from his ult and unlike a lot of big ults he's so tanky they won't be able to just shoot him, and he'll chew through the whole team in a couple seconds.
Shoes...

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 03, 2016, 06:29:54 am »

I find Zarya amazing to play, so many people saved from Roadhog's Hook&Shoot Combo. I also love her HP shields, being able to passively restore half of her health pool is a big boon imo. Plus she is really freaking sexy.

EDIT: I also think she might have the smallest silhouette of any tank, effectively making her health pool larger than the other tanks' against spread damage.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 06:34:47 am by EvilTwin »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 03, 2016, 07:03:48 am »

She's a lot less vulnerable to reaper and the like, and her gun's really strong in close range to deal with them.  I also like her because she triggers the shit out of internet manbabies, though her deadlift emote looks like it puts way too much back into it.
Shoes...

Vibe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 03, 2016, 07:29:17 am »

Fully charged Zarya melts steel beams

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 03, 2016, 07:45:10 am »

Fully charged Zarya melts steel beams

Jet Fuel doesn't melt Zarya's shields!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 03, 2016, 08:44:15 am »

Sorry about ducking suddenly like that, but I play for fun and getting stomped by a premade while we cycle through randos isn't fun.
Shoes...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 03, 2016, 09:18:07 am »

We won that second game, btw.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 03, 2016, 10:16:38 am »

I had a fun moment a few nights ago where we were attacking on Kings Row and my team was getting mowed down by a Bastion/Reinhardt combo directly to the left of our spawn.  I went junkrat and conc jumped up and over the combo, and got 3 direct hits on the bastion as I was flying over, and even managed to finish off Reinhardt when I landed.  :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 107