Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167108 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #315 on: May 31, 2016, 04:47:34 pm »

I'm Theros#1131; hit me up if you ever want to play with the world's worst Mercy. (But at least it's a Mercy, right guys? ....right?)
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 31, 2016, 06:27:48 pm »

I'm getting pretty decent at Roadhog I think, only (good)Mcree and (any)Mei are a big problem in most games.

Zarya is a problem for roadhog as well, at least if my many zarya games are any indication.

I probably just never encountered a pro Zarya, but usually I strike from the shadows and the bubble comes too late to stop my hook. She does make it a bit trickier when it's a free for all on objective, but that's what the ult is for.
She can save other people that you hook by putting a barrier on them in midair.

I've tried to replicate that trick using Mei's walls but god damn is it hard.

Edit: I've also tried jumping between Roadhog and the person he's hooking as Genji, but I never *quite* make it in time.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 01, 2016, 12:45:06 pm »

On reflection, I don't really mind bad players too much as a whole. I mean, it's annoying as shit to have a terrible brainless team, but that's just internal saltiness and you can easily resolve it by leaving when the match ends.

Apart from people who rage over voice comms, there's only one set that I truly despise: the CoD players. You know them. You've had them. The people who, regardless of context, never pick anything but offensive heroes. Not because they're situation-appropriate. Not because that's their best hero. Because they want to screw off, ignore the objective, and chase kills. Those fuckers are worse than people who pick Widowmaker on King of the Hill matches.

That said, I think Blizzard had someone with a real head on their shoulders doing a lot of the planning. The lack of any sort of stats screen is an unspeakable godsend since it cuts out 90% of the sources of stupid bullshit fights and flaming in both MOBAs and FPSes. The fact that assists are treated as functionally equivalent to kills in every sense except the kill feed also means that there's even less incentive for people to just try to do the deeps and secure kills instead of playing properly. Objective points, blocked damage, and healing actually being equitable with kill points in both the end-game tally and exp gain is great. Which is why it's so mystifying to me that there are still morons playing like it's in any sense better to lonewolf and chase kills. I've had matches on defense where half the team pulled offense champions after the first point got rolled, and I could see their doritos floating out near the enemy spawn while we desperately tried to win a 3v5 on the point. o.0

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 01, 2016, 12:59:31 pm »

The worst shit is when you're on king of the hill and the game wont' fucking end because spawns are so fast only the most decisive barrage of board-clearing ults can end the game.

Where it's on 99/99 overtime for like ten fucking minutes and nobody can win the damn game.  Where you feel like you're fucking your team over if you play a hero that can't kill the entire team with his ult because boardwipe ults are the only way to win in this game.
Shoes...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 01, 2016, 02:43:30 pm »

Oh, and to clarify, I'm not talking about people who are actually good Tracer/Genji players who understand how to play them as disruption/evasion tanks and pull people away from the objective without dying. Those can be great for a team, they're just rare to encounter.

3. Run Resize Enable

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 01, 2016, 02:47:36 pm »

To be fair, single point king-of-the-hills are just about the closest thing to team deathmatch in overwatch :/  , easily my least liked game mode. Most of those matches devolved into mccree/pharah dunking all over everyone who gets on the point.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 01, 2016, 03:34:26 pm »

Points of interest: A) go to masteroverwatch.com and see if you're ranked. Apparently, a bunch of the pros are ranked on this site. Wolfeyez and I are both on the list.

B) Wolfeyez is now in the top 100 in the world for Junkrat. She's ranked ahead of numerous pros. I'm top 10k for McCree. I don't think I'm ahead of any pros.

C) last night, EnigmaticHat, Cthulhu, Wolfeyez and I faced off against team EnVyUs, a team of pros. No warning, no "hey guys, you're playing with a six man pro team!" Nothing. We've also been pitted against a couple more pro teams. Cloud9 and Luminosity, specifically.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 03:36:48 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 01, 2016, 03:35:54 pm »

Is it specifically for PC or PS4 as well?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 01, 2016, 03:38:59 pm »

Time to start a pro team! ^_^

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 01, 2016, 04:09:07 pm »

Is it specifically for PC or PS4 as well?
PC, PS4, and XBone.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 01, 2016, 04:11:40 pm »

C) last night, EnigmaticHat, Cthulhu, Wolfeyez and I faced off against team EnVyUs, a team of pros. No warning, no "hey guys, you're playing with a six man pro team!" Nothing. We've also been pitted against a couple more pro teams. Cloud9 and Luminosity, specifically.
wat

Edit: Also, I'm #839 in the world for Reinhardt.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:13:49 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 01, 2016, 04:16:23 pm »

wat

Edit: Also, I'm #839 in the world for Reinhardt.
I told you guys that I feel like I'm handicapping you. There was a reason I said it.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 01, 2016, 04:52:30 pm »

Looking at the stats on the MasterOverwatch.com website, it seems that it only has stats for the last 3-4 days, so it may explain why you can have "pro-level" stats.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 01, 2016, 05:50:03 pm »

So as it turns out if someone gets pinned and hooked at the same time, the pin resolves and the hook.  Rather funny.

In other news I am increasingly losing patience with pub Lucios.  Lucio struggles to keep tanks topped off.  To use Lucio on a map that isn't KoTH you need to be extremely diligent about staying alive and heal boosting the tank.  Guess what two things pub Lucios aren't very good about doing...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2016, 06:01:05 pm »

Finally got forced into a situation where I had to play a healer. I hadn't been looking forward to it, since my general experience is that playing anything that can't hard-carry is chancy with randoms. That said, god damn I was wrong, Mercy is a blast to play. Probably biased because the second point on Hanamura is basically ideal for her, but the mobility tools and x-ray health alerts make things a lot more dynamic, where you can flit around healing and damage-buffing constantly instead of doing it TF2 style and just leaving your beam on one reliable player.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 107