Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167121 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #300 on: May 31, 2016, 06:00:05 am »

I am really loving Reinhardt right now.  He's so... ponderous.  He controls how I would expect a Jaeger from Pacific Rim to.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 31, 2016, 07:57:50 am »

I've had considerable success with Reinhardt as well. It's not hard to play as him, but often you have to resist the urge to go kill people for the sake of defending the objective. That's particularly important as the average random doesn't give a damn about the objectives and just wants to kill (or fail at killing) people with cool characters (i.e. not tanks nor supports).

But well, if the team really doesn't care about the objectives at all or has the intelligence of a stunted CS bot, you'll literally lose the match in 2 minutes and your Reinhardt will be easily wiped out whenever he decides to stand his ground on a valuable location.

My personal experience may or may not be related. ::)

PS: As a sidenote, I'm not sure just how many people realize they can shoot from behind a friendly Reinhardt's shield. I've seen precious few players exploit that considerable advantage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 31, 2016, 10:28:58 am »

Even worse is the people who have the league of legends "ignore the tank" mindset, and don't even shoot the shield.  It's not /that/ strong, and once it's gone it's open season on the giant slow dude with no gun.

Shoes...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 31, 2016, 10:34:21 am »

Yeah, that shield makes people overextend so badly because of the illusion of safety. I can't count how many times I've been playing Bastion and just ripped straight through it and watched everyone pop.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 31, 2016, 10:45:29 am »

My tag is Levi#1597
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 31, 2016, 11:26:44 am »

Bastion, man, so fucking broken on defense if he goes ignored. Just got a PotG by relocating and wiping an entire team off a point from behind.

3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 31, 2016, 11:29:29 am »

Imagine a team
of six turret Bastions.
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 31, 2016, 11:32:46 am »

Imagine a team
of six turret Bastions.

Having fought that combo... It is actually far more scary to deal with Bastions shooting at you.

It might do somewhat low damage... but don't underestimate Bastion's Rifle it is probably the most accurate weapon in the game (well... ok... most accurate machine gun)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 31, 2016, 12:09:57 pm »

Six turret bastion is really bad if the team isn't stupid.  More than two turret characters basically guarantees a win.  That's three people who probably won't be spending any time on the point.  If you're generous, you can assume a tank and healer, and the sixth will almost definitely be a hanzo or windowlicker.  That's four people fishing for kills and not playing the objective.  Easy win.
Shoes...

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 31, 2016, 01:09:24 pm »

I'm getting pretty decent at Roadhog I think, only (good)Mcree and (any)Mei are a big problem in most games. Once I got out of the mindset that I am a frontline tank and more of a mayhem maker, it's been night and day. You get to sustain yourself without the healer that is free to help the rest of the team while you roam and pickoff their support/reinforcements. You can become enough of a nuisance so that their front line collapse and allow a win, at least in theory.

Anyone want to add me my ID is Zodd#1483 (north america)

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 31, 2016, 01:41:00 pm »

My tag is Ilral, with no number
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 31, 2016, 02:38:24 pm »

Bastion, man, so fucking broken on defense if he goes ignored. Just got a PotG by relocating and wiping an entire team off a point from behind.

Its the worst for me when there is a Bastion AND a Widowmaker, because I know I should probably focus on the bastion, but all my instincts tell me to go murder the crap out of the sniper.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 31, 2016, 03:15:52 pm »

I'm getting pretty decent at Roadhog I think, only (good)Mcree and (any)Mei are a big problem in most games.

Zarya is a problem for roadhog as well, at least if my many zarya games are any indication.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 31, 2016, 03:33:57 pm »

I'm getting pretty decent at Roadhog I think, only (good)Mcree and (any)Mei are a big problem in most games.

Zarya is a problem for roadhog as well, at least if my many zarya games are any indication.

I probably just never encountered a pro Zarya, but usually I strike from the shadows and the bubble comes too late to stop my hook. She does make it a bit trickier when it's a free for all on objective, but that's what the ult is for.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 31, 2016, 04:34:20 pm »

Oh, and my battletag is JamesBondage#11144. Hit me up sometime if you don't want to play total roulette. I'm going back through the thread adding people.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 107