Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167082 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #285 on: May 30, 2016, 12:40:21 pm »

I'd like it to tell a team that they're picks are perfect if they would have been on the opposite side. Nothing like being on attack as the only offense while everyone is defence and we have all of one support. That support is Symettra of course.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 30, 2016, 01:00:40 pm »

If only the people I've added or otherwise gotten together with to play actually played, maybe I wouldn't have to play fuckhead roulette.
Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 30, 2016, 02:23:30 pm »

But I had literally no way of knowing that until you said it, Chthulhu.
Black lives matter.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 30, 2016, 03:26:16 pm »

I've to say the experience definitely improves if you group up with competent people (ideally friends), and it also provides +20% XP. It needn't be five others, but the more the merrier as it reduces the randomness.

Going into Quick Play alone is a crap shoot and can lead to a lot of frustration. Whether you're good or bad, if your team just isn't playing well there's little a single player can do to remedy the situation.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 03:29:08 pm by Greenbane »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 30, 2016, 09:16:10 pm »

Oh man. Finally bit the bullet and I'm glad I did. It's like TF2 had a baby with the MOBA genre--it's a MOBA dictated by your FPS skills, good fucking god, where has this been all my life?

Don't really get the logic of the play of the game selection, though. Just played my first match as Hanzo and got two team kills. The first, lesser one was just ulting into a chokepoint, but the second one was in overtime when their team was about to get the payload to the last point. I jumped up onto it and wiped all six of them with a single scatter shot and some normal attacks. The PotG went to some random triple kill one of the enemy team got when he was nowhere near the objective. Wut.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 30, 2016, 09:28:06 pm »

Still not a moba.

What kind of moba has the following modes:
Payload
Capture Points
King of the Hill

Do any of them? I wonder what kind of genre has those particular modes.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 30, 2016, 09:38:01 pm »

MOBAs have game modes?

I've gotten myself a summer job, I'm waiting on my first paycheck on friday so I get my gruby hands on this.  I have a bunch of buddies who were able to get it on release.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 30, 2016, 09:41:12 pm »

Its incorporated one of the core pieces of the MOBA genre (the ability bar populated based on which character you pick), and I would even go as far to say that there's a tiny bit of MOBA logic to charging your ult.  But its not even a little a MOBA as regards to the actual game flow.  If you want a purist MOBA with shooter skills go with Smite; the RPG elements are bland but the abilities are a blast and it looks very pretty.

There are two pieces to the PoTG logic.  The first is a large amount of damage + final blows happening at once.  The second is that there will occasionally be "alternate" PoTGs with specific conditions.  By far the most common is shutdown, which means killing an enemy who was in the process of ulting.  Unfortunately the computer isn't very good at identifying when this is impressive; accidentally get the last hit on a Genji with a scatter arrow as Hanzo and then immediately get pinned by a Reinhardt? Shutdown.  Reflect a black hole or Earthshatter an ulting Bastion?  No shutdown for you.  There's also "lifesaver" but I couldn't specifically tell you what that means.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 30, 2016, 09:42:26 pm »

Still not a moba.

What kind of moba has the following modes:
Payload
Capture Points
King of the Hill

Do any of them? I wonder what kind of genre has those particular modes.

Not that I think overwatch is a moba... But. I don't think that modes define a moba. And, point of fact, Dota has king of the hill and capture point. And I know they exist in other mobas as well.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 31, 2016, 12:19:22 am »

Played widowmaker on a lark, got ten kills and one death, like half those kills were on their support.  As soon as I die team crumbles and we lose in like thirty seconds.  On temple of anubis.  How do you lose temple of anubis in less than two minutes.

I asked once before and only got one response, anybody interested in some bay12 group play?  I get salty on forums and stuff but I don't rage or flame in-game or anything.  Especially if I'm not playing with randoms.
Shoes...

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 31, 2016, 12:48:41 am »

You can add me, I'm Tnx #1328.  I usually try to play with enigmatichat, wolfeyez, and zero.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 31, 2016, 01:07:46 am »

My battletag is "KingKitten #11198" I live in Australia though... Also I suck at this game.

Edit: Added number
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 01:18:10 am by King Kitteh »
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 31, 2016, 01:16:56 am »

Chaoticag#1908 here. Tecnically made this account when I still had an american credit card, so it's an Americas account, but moving back home means I expect that playing anything other than Europe would be too laggy.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 31, 2016, 01:20:48 am »

And I'm DrSpaceDog#1974 if anybody wants to add me
Shoes...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 31, 2016, 02:41:38 am »

Its incorporated one of the core pieces of the MOBA genre (the ability bar populated based on which character you pick), and I would even go as far to say that there's a tiny bit of MOBA logic to charging your ult.  But its not even a little a MOBA as regards to the actual game flow.  If you want a purist MOBA with shooter skills go with Smite; the RPG elements are bland but the abilities are a blast and it looks very pretty.

Don't forget basing cosmetics drops on an arbitrary level system rather than random chance.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 107