Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167076 times)

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #270 on: May 29, 2016, 06:12:47 pm »

Mouse acceleration isn't inherently bad. You can use it a still be competent, it just requires more getting used to. It gives advantages to once you have mastered it.

If you've played your entire life with mouse acceleration, you're probably just as good with or without it. I don't think it's a major flaw to have it on by default.

Although I did turn it off, because as a nooby FPS player I watched all these "guides" that told me using mouse acceleration was the 8th deadly sin, and now it's all I can play with.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 29, 2016, 06:26:18 pm »

It makes your mouse movements unpredictable in a genre that's about twitch clicking.  If you're used to FPSs with mouse acceleration on, all other things being equal you'll be worse at them than someone who has it off and is used to playing that way.

I put hundreds of hours into TF2, turned on raw input in the options, and IMMEDIATELY in the first round that I played I was a better sniper than I had ever been before.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 29, 2016, 11:25:36 pm »

Noted, but it's still a data point of one.

I assume you always moved your mouse at the same speed. If so you weren't taking advantage of the bonus you can get from being able to carefully position your cursor on someone's head, while still being able to do a full 180 with a single fast flick.

Acceleration is only helpful if you use it. That said, I guess if it's generally unused, Blizzard ought to have it off by default.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 29, 2016, 11:45:49 pm »

That's what good hand control is for. You can do precision work just fine if you aren't jittering all over the place, and it's vastly superior to play without for mid-ranged movement.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 30, 2016, 02:14:20 am »

So am I the only one who thinks its weird that the robots in the practice range are capable of expressing pain?  Like... Overwatch is supposed to be the good guys A, and B that seems to imply some awfully expensive features on a robot you're just going to blow up.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 30, 2016, 02:14:52 am »

Starting to get the hang of Lucio mobility.  It's outrageous if you know how to do it, but it's complicated and most of the people explaining it aren't very good at explaining things.

Once I've got it down pat I'll get the Ribbit skin and become Dat Boi

Edit:  I was just in the practice range a couple minutes ago practicing jumping and was like "ignore the robots screaming in pain, forget that you're in a universe where it's established robots have feelings."

Then again it looks like Volskaya and we already established russians hate omnics
Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 30, 2016, 02:15:23 am »

its high noon
Black lives matter.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 30, 2016, 02:15:33 am »

So am I the only one who thinks its weird that the robots in the practice range are capable of expressing pain?  Like... Overwatch is supposed to be the good guys A, and B that seems to imply some awfully expensive features on a robot you're just going to blow up.
Hardening yourself emotionally in case there's another Omnic uprising? Like in Russia or something?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 30, 2016, 05:30:37 am »

I've got an idea for the next balance patch.  An addon to your keyboard and mouse that delivers a fatal electrical shock if you pick widowmaker.
Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 30, 2016, 05:40:38 am »

salt
Black lives matter.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 30, 2016, 05:48:10 am »

Yeah I'm salty.  Nothing's worse than a useless widowmaker on your team, and nothing takes away the joy of winning like knowing it was a 6v5
Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 30, 2016, 05:49:35 am »

oh i thought you meant you were against really good widowmakers
well the only way to get good is practice
Black lives matter.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 30, 2016, 06:16:31 am »

I've got an idea for the next balance patch.  An addon to your keyboard and mouse that delivers a fatal electrical shock if you pick widowmaker.

This stuff always confuses me. How do you expect people to get better if you never allow them to play?

I will never understand people who laugh at and hate on noobs. Everyone was a noob once.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 30, 2016, 06:22:01 am »

There's a difference between being new at Widowmaker and needing to get down her mechanics, and being completely oblivious to the game while you duel the other sniper and protect your KDR while your team dies on the payload to bastions and toblerones it was your job to deal with.

I won't grudge people not being very good mechanically, I'm still learning a lot of characters and making mistakes, but I don't ignore the giant red square I need to stand in if we want to win.
Shoes...

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 30, 2016, 06:32:37 am »

Oh okay, that makes sense. I suck at WidowMaker but I do at least try to stay near the point (when defending).
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 107