Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167014 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Release scheduled for a few minutes ago
« Reply #210 on: May 24, 2016, 04:09:53 am »

It's a little rough right now.  Servers are fine but in the two weeks of downtime everybody forgot how to play and also developed serious brain damage.  This is almost as bad as the first couple Heroes of the Storm games, when I was playing with people who didn't seem to know they were playing a video game.
Shoes...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Release scheduled for a few minutes ago
« Reply #211 on: May 24, 2016, 07:47:22 am »

I got so many kills in the Open Beta, despite not really knowing what I was doing.
It was pretty fun, really. Unfortunately my videogame-buying funds are all going to go towards Doom for the near future.

Besides, I could only play this on PS4 so wouldn't be able to join up with y'all anyway. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #212 on: May 24, 2016, 09:32:32 pm »

Allied Meis are the worst, and this is coming from someone who really likes Mei.  They like to put down what I call "traitor walls", for example blocking off long sight lines when your team has the better ranged fighters.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 24, 2016, 09:35:26 pm »

Ice walls always seem to be a double edged sword, whether they're made by an ally or an enemy.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 24, 2016, 09:49:51 pm »

Allied Meis are the worst, and this is coming from someone who really likes Mei.  They like to put down what I call "traitor walls", for example blocking off long sight lines when your team has the better ranged fighters.

I saw a Mei accidently wall-block an allied Roadhogs ult today.

I don't play Mei because I'm too scared of doing something like that.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 24, 2016, 09:58:53 pm »

Walls can be good if you're without nearby teammates, because you're probably going to be less confused by the sudden change in terrain than your enemies. It's less useful in teamfights because you'll just hinder your own team as much as the other one. Can still be useful for blocking Ults for your team tho.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 24, 2016, 10:16:44 pm »

Rule of thumb: separate enemies from each other with your walls.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 24, 2016, 10:35:13 pm »

I saw a Mei accidently wall-block an allied Roadhogs ult today.

I don't play Mei because I'm too scared of doing something like that.
Pro tip: if you're Mei and you accidentally fuck up an ice wall like that, press the ice wall button again - it'll break it. The skill will still be on cooldown, but it's better than blocking your allies for half an hour while you wait for it to fall apart.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 25, 2016, 03:49:51 am »

Also protip: You can turn the ice wall before you place it. Also, place it under your feet to change level quickly.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 25, 2016, 05:30:08 am »

I like to place the icewalls behind enemies. Especially in a rush so you can single them out.

So funny to see them retreating backwards and to get confused why they hit something.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 25, 2016, 06:41:10 am »

I pick mei because I hate literally anyone who plays genji.  :P

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 25, 2016, 07:19:22 am »

I pick Mei cause she's thicc, and she makes people saltier than most heroes.  It's also fun to execute people in cold blood.  Icicle to the head is fucked up.
Shoes...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 25, 2016, 01:29:44 pm »

Oh yeah, its the worst feeling being frozen and just waiting to get shot in the head.  Really makes you reconsider your choices up to that point.

I pick mei because I hate literally anyone who plays genji.  :P
That's cold.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 04:28:56 pm by EnigmaticHat »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 25, 2016, 05:18:14 pm »

I think that's why she generates such hate.  It's the old League anti-fun shit.  Getting killed while stunned is a hundred times worse than getting killed while mobile.  She has a negative fun-factor for enemies.  Infuriating to die to, stressful to beat unless you pop her from long range.

She's also getting more common now that people have realized how hard she counters Reinhardt pushes especially. 

She was originally the hero I saw the least, now it's hands-down Zarya.  Zarya's actually pretty cool, I think she's just confusing and her utility isn't obvious.  Her damage without several good blocks is negligible but she hits like a truck with maximum charge.  She's also one of the tankiest heroes straight-up damage to damage, and when you add in the shields I rack up 0-2 death games all the time on her.

The other thing is the need for coordination.  SHield only lasts two seconds, and most randos only realize they've been shielded 1.5 seconds into it.  Same thing with the ult.  Everything she does is team-dependent and you can't rely on your team to combo with you so you have to follow them around and dance to their tune instead.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 107