Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167092 times)

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Closed beta is live
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2015, 05:42:55 pm »

Is it 100% confirmed that the game will cost 60$, maybe its some visual, skins pack and crap like that?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2015, 07:19:24 pm »

Is it 100% confirmed that the game will cost 60$, maybe its some visual, skins pack and crap like that?

There's a 40$ base pack, a 60$ pack with some extra goodies (Ingame skins, some stuff for other Blizzard titles), and a 140$ Collectible stuff one.

Seriously, you can select your options on this page, there's three things up top that show you what you're getting.  Overwatch, Overwatch Origins edition, and Overwatch Collectors edition. Not sure why people are spreading this "It's always 60$" thing.

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/buy/
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 07:21:52 pm by ZebioLizard2 »

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2015, 07:39:18 pm »

On the blizzard client it directs only to the $60 version, $40 is less of a surprise.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2015, 07:41:01 pm »

That would explain it then as I tend to avoid the launcher for such stuff, but yes that's the "Goody hut" version.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2015, 07:46:24 pm »

On the blizzard client it directs only to the $60 version, $40 is less of a surprise.
Yeah. And there is zero indication that there are other versions there either, at least that I've seen. Blizzard should really make it obvious there are multiple versions.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2015, 08:30:58 am »

Still though, b2p game with cash shop nonsense is just too much. Should have been f2p.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2015, 06:08:11 pm »

I had no trouble finding the 40 dollar version, I got to it first and saw the 60 dollar version later (and surreptitiously checked to see if it included beta access).

The uproar right now is crazy.

Still though, b2p game with cash shop nonsense is just too much. Should have been f2p.

As far as I can tell there's zero indication there'll be cash shop nonsense or anything else, though that's the main complaint.  People on reddit ranting about how shitty it would be if new characters were paywalled, with no confirmation either way that this'll be the case
Shoes...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2015, 06:14:29 pm »

It seems there will be a cash shop for skins, but as long as its just cosmetics I really don't care.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2015, 06:55:43 pm »

Yeah, hopefully Blizzard clarifies their payment model.  I don't want to spend 40 dollars now if its going to turn out to be a pay-to-win purchasable hero deal.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2015, 12:29:28 am »

As far as I can tell there's zero indication there'll be cash shop nonsense or anything else, though that's the main complaint.  People on reddit ranting about how shitty it would be if new characters were paywalled, with no confirmation either way that this'll be the case

It's heavily implied, since on pre-purchase page it states: 21 HEROES, 5 ORIGIN SKINS, DIGITAL GOODIES.

As if getting 21 heroes unlocked is supposed to be some sort of good deal. Blizzard went with greed up their ass ever since the activision merge. Not really surprising, but still disappointing.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2015, 01:25:14 am »

Maybe you're seeing shit I can't see, but I don't see how saying what's in the game is "heavily implying" there's more they want to sell.  In their justification for the buy-in they basically say the exact opposite, that the entire reason they're charging upfront is cause f2p would limit hero ownership and limited hero ownership ruins the game.

If that ends up not being the case then it's no sale for me.
Shoes...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2015, 02:05:04 am »

It's heavily implied, since on pre-purchase page it states: 21 HEROES, 5 ORIGIN SKINS, DIGITAL GOODIES.
Not really.

FPSs have been advertising "21 guns! 4 classes!  2 maps!" for probably most of the genre's lifespan.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2015, 03:16:42 am »

It's all speculation at this point since blizz didn't clarify on this issue yet, perhaps they are just waiting for audience reactions and will adapt their business model accordingly, but I learned not to trust blizzard in recent years. Besides, ever since B2P announcement the game is dead to me anyway, so if I end up being right I won't even be around to gloat :P

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2016, 12:12:49 pm »

Reviving this thread for this adorable Mei animation.  Also, the release date has been, well, released.

Overwatch comes out on May 24th.

There will be an open beta from May 5th to May 9th, and if you preorder you also get to be in the beta May 3rd and 4th.

I'm psyched!

Edit:  Oh, and looking at the last few replies before this post, Blizzard has confirmed they do not intend to sell characters or maps.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 12:16:06 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2016, 05:34:51 pm »

Mei is just too cute in general.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 107