Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167270 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #900 on: August 11, 2016, 11:50:34 pm »

So I was a roadhog, enemy team had two Winstons working together to get their ults up. They called themselves (predictably) the Harambe Bros. Both of them used Primal Rage at me to get on to the point (Numbani i think?). They killed two of our team in doing so. One got play of the game for this. The play of the game sadly cut out a second before i used Whole Hog and knocked them both off a cliff to their deaths while their ults were still active. Gah.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 12, 2016, 02:48:14 am »

if genji gets nerfed, he'll be trash

maybe increase the cost for his ult, or reduce the duration, but that's about all he can take
I'm ok with his non-ult kit.  Cutting 1-3 seconds off his ult would be best IMO.  The weakness of the thing, far as I can tell, is the self-disable it inflicts on activation and deactivation.  But 6 seconds might as well be a century with an ulting Genji around, so its not much of a weakness against a smart opponent.

I'm really ok with widow being trash.  Balanced or not, its never to fun to get one-shot by a sniper in FPSs.  At least with most characters you get to fight a bit before you have to trudge all the way back to the battle.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 12, 2016, 08:22:49 am »

And that's an example of why Genji polarizes so hard. A good Genji can animation-cancel both the drawing and sheathing, IIRC.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 12, 2016, 12:52:44 pm »

And that's an example of why Genji polarizes so hard. A good Genji can animation-cancel both the drawing and sheathing, IIRC.
It looks like its only the end animation.  Which is stupid, but at the end of the day if you survived the full duration of dragonblade at that point you've pretty much done your job.  So I don't think it makes much difference from a balance perspective that *ending* the ult can be made safer.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 17, 2016, 11:52:55 pm »

Apparently the PTR has some nerfs up for Genji.  Might just get my wishes :P  I'm like Overwatch balance Nostradamus, this is the only game I play where the devs agree with me consistently.

In other news, ults are pathetic in this meta.  So many characters can cancel them or negate their effect.  Its not the main reason but just like, make a list in your head of characters who can either protect themselves or others from Zarya's ult.  Its like... more than half the cast this point.  And the other half have either an ult or CC they can use to return fire in a limited capacity.  Part of the reason Genji is sticking out like a mole ready to be hit by the wack-a-hero nerf hammer, is because he has one of the few attack ults that Defense Matrix doesn't work on.  The others are Earthshatter, RIP-Tire, and Self-Destruct.  Primal Rage doesn't count as an attack ult in my mind, and Dragonstrike can technically be blocked.

I think out of the above list Reinhardt is also sticking out.  Earthshatter has a problem.  And that problem is that to be truly safe from it, you need Reinhardt.  Or you need to have your entire team playing around it.  Maybe if you have a Winston and Zarya working together to constantly have a barrier off cooldown and in position to block it, and ever vigilant that they don't get disabled themselves, you can block it with non-Reinhardt barriers.  Or you can just like, never be on the ground in front of Rein.  But those are both clearly too much effort to stop a quickly charging ult on an already above average character.  And you don't even need to go for the triple to make it work.  You can drop it solo early in a fight to turn it into a 5 v 6 which usually wins the fight for your team barring skill imbalance or the other team having all their ults ready.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 18, 2016, 01:42:10 am »

I stopped playing for a while, basically said I was going to wait for season 2 to come around or genji nerfs to come around. Guess blizzard read my mind cause they did both. Well, it's on PTR but goddamn these genji nerfs better go live.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 18, 2016, 06:38:03 am »

I'd rather they buffed Winston.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 18, 2016, 07:11:25 am »

I'd rather they buffed Winston.

Winston's toolset is pretty damn good as is. I think he's in much the same place as Reaper: strong, not overpowered, a viable choice most of the time.

Winston's not got as much damage as say, D.Va or Roadhog or Reinhardt or even Zarya, but consider his toolset revolves almost entirely around distraction. Jump in, damage an entire team enough to frighten them, use your barrier to give yourself a bit of breathing room while you wait for jump pack to ready again, use your bulk to survive then leap away.

Heck, Primal Rage is just that: you're knocking the foes about, you're a big, dangerous looking target that can close distances fast, and you have huge HP. You can't easily kill with it because the swipes don't deal that much damage, and knock foes back as they hit. It's all about distracting foes so your team mates can clean up.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 18, 2016, 09:30:35 am »

Season 1 ended, and I'm just not feeling the casual. Guess it's time to play Pokemon Uranium while I wait for season 2.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 18, 2016, 10:15:25 am »

Winston's not got as much damage as say, D.Va or Roadhog or Reinhardt or even Zarya
I like how you seem to imply that zarya does the least damage of the tanks. properly played, shes lethal.

Season 1 ended, and I'm just not feeling the casual. Guess it's time to play Pokemon Uranium while I wait for season 2.
Agreed, after only playing competitive for a while, quickplay feels annoying.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 18, 2016, 11:40:03 am »

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand why they wouldn't let Season 1 last until the beginning of season 2....

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 18, 2016, 01:20:29 pm »

Did anyone post the new Bastion FMV?

If not, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to8yh83jlXg

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 18, 2016, 02:18:45 pm »

Spoiler: Very mild (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 18, 2016, 02:59:38 pm »

Spoiler: Very mild (click to show/hide)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 18, 2016, 03:33:34 pm »

Ta, hadn't seen the lore text. Still pretty cool.

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 107