Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167180 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #615 on: June 20, 2016, 09:30:52 pm »

I don't feel like checking the thread to see if this was discussed because my interest in Overwatch is minimal...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCkKgQmdBt4
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 20, 2016, 09:40:37 pm »

Guessed it would be the Chinese clone before I opened it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 20, 2016, 09:44:25 pm »

Here's a google doc spreadsheet.
I linked it in the OP, if the kitchenbots strike or you'd otherwise prefer it out, let me know.
Thanks!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 21, 2016, 02:10:31 pm »

ptw

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 21, 2016, 03:24:30 pm »

PTW and I added my Blizz tag in the Bay12 players spreadsheet under the heading GLORIOUS PC GAMING MASTER RACE. I found I really like bullying snipers as Winston; I once had an amusing thing where I jumped on a Hanzo and bubbled, then exited the bubble and he used his spread arrow thing; it all got trapped in the bubble while I lightning-ed him from just outside the bubble.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 21, 2016, 05:28:50 pm »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 22, 2016, 11:31:58 am »

Heh, some of the people you run into in games are pretty weird sometimes.  I had a game on Dorado yesterday where a Genji on my team of all people was complaining all match about us not having a tank.   ???

Man, of all of us if the Genji thinks we need a tank then he's the one who should probably do it.   :P

Anyway, its a tough match but we are making progress even with this guy complaining all match.  We are near the end of the game in the last minute but nearly have the cart to the end, and he says "GG, we lost because we have no tank".  Literally 4 seconds later, we push the cart in and win the game.    8)

I was laughing my ass off.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 22, 2016, 02:27:01 pm »

Anyway, its a tough match but we are making progress even with this guy complaining all match.  We are near the end of the game in the last minute but nearly have the cart to the end, and he says "GG, we lost because we have no tank".  Literally 4 seconds later, we push the cart in and win the game.    8)

I was laughing my ass off.

Reminds me of league games where you'd lose one tower and the jungler would say "gg no re" into the chat. :P

EDIT: I was browsing imgur and this came up XD

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 02:32:44 pm by darkrider2 »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 22, 2016, 07:58:29 pm »

I made the decision to swap the fire and alt-fires of mei and zarya, so left mouse shoots icicles/plasma balls.

Sadly it also swaps the controls for deploying ice walls (now its left click to cancel and right click to deploy).
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 22, 2016, 08:40:37 pm »

What's wrong with just holding down M2 for the whole round? Was the button getting worn out? :P

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 22, 2016, 08:45:38 pm »

It was morso the secondary fires felt more like primary fires.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 22, 2016, 08:46:33 pm »

Yeah, but that doesn't stop you from pretending that M2 is your primary fire.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 23, 2016, 04:08:17 am »

It was morso the secondary fires felt more like primary fires.
Mei's icicles sure, but Zarya's primary fire is far superior to her secondary fire.  At 0% charge, I would say her alt fire is the second worst gun in the entire game (beating out D'va's primary but losing to Mercy's pistol).  At 100% sure its powerful but the beam is still better than it at any level of charge.  Unless you're splashing multiple people, hitting from outside her max range, or using it for indirect fire.  But the low projectile speed makes it weak even for those purposes.

Seriously, if you ever find yourself in a game you don't care about, do one life with nothing but primary and a different life with nothing but the secondary.  Its night and day.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 23, 2016, 06:51:04 am »

There are a few smaller characters where its a lot easier to hit them with splash damage than with a beam weapon.

Not to mention the beam's damage tickrate is low.  Sometimes you sweep it over someone and it doesn't actually hurt them because it was between damage ticks.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 23, 2016, 08:02:40 am »

Yeah it's been brought up on the reddit, I think zarya is already rediculously powerful right now, so even if she stays the same I wouldn't mind.

The zarya energy grenade is just part of the learning curve, the beam is pretty crap against genji/tracer since their models are so thin and it's hard to keep the beam on them, but the grenade requires perfect leading and prediction of their movements. At my current skill level I still feel like the Mei Ice-cicle is easier to land, but no doubt after mastering the energy grenade it's strong in it's own right.

I've been playing a lot of zarya recently, with one conundrum. Reinhardt really messes up zarya in the usual matchup, he won't wreck your face but he'll make it difficult for you to do anything, and he can almost single-handedly negate your ult by just keeping his shield up while in the gravity well. Even if you kill his shield health on your own there's no garuntee you'll get a good black hole going, you might just get reinhardt. Cause once he lets down the shield its going to start recharging, so that's a short window to pop the black hole.

This, and reinhardt is a very popular character in public matches. Skilled or not, whether his team uses him to his fullest or not, reinhardt will pop up a lot. If I'm playing zarya, and I'm the only tank on my team, I can't just go swap to junkrat to get the shield down, and can't depend on a junkrat being on my team, or a junkrat that is on my team doing his job right. So I usually have to swap to roadhog, or just suck it up and deal with the huge annoyance all match.

The popularity of reinhardt as a "my team needs a tank, uuuuuh, oh there's that shield guy", and the popularity of "I only play genji, give me my play of the game I pressed Q and left clicked a bunch", and the popularity of tracer "lol I just did ult levels of damage with my pistols all over half your teams face, and you have no healer anymore", might go a long way to explaining the relatively low play-rate that zarya gets in public matches (at least near my MMR), all these characters work against her.

I guess the actual heart of this post, is a person playing tank and complaining that their team needs to be able to deal with and respond to threats. Cause the job of the tank isn't to rack up kills, it's to sit on the goddamn objective, stare into the face of the enemy, death itself, and yell russian slurs.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 107