Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167500 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1515 on: September 26, 2017, 10:37:07 pm »

I inherited my tracer skill from using the shortstop too much in tf2.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: September 27, 2017, 02:39:37 am »

Lol that would do it.

I inherited my Pharah skills from playing too much soldier in TF2.  Course I'm a lot better at hitting directs with Pharah than I ever was with soldier, as soldier I aimed at the feet 95% of the time...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: September 27, 2017, 06:56:13 am »

Lol that would do it.

I inherited my Pharah skills from playing too much soldier in TF2.  Course I'm a lot better at hitting directs with Pharah than I ever was with soldier, as soldier I aimed at the feet 95% of the time...

same. pharah's rocket launcher is pretty much like the Direct Hit from tf2, faster travel time and less explosion radius than the standard rocket launcher

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: September 27, 2017, 12:29:11 pm »

Actually, I mostly play in the arcade, 3v3 random character mode.  Its mostly so I could get a feel/general idea of what everyone does.  Not so great for using ultimates though.

And practice aiming in training mode?  Meh.  I'm satisfied enough being scrubby.  Also, headshots only?  That'll just kill my current interest in this game.  No, I won't get better.
1 more level before I get into competitive.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: September 27, 2017, 01:37:30 pm »

1 more level before I get into competitive.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: September 27, 2017, 07:45:34 pm »

'Failed to connect to server' = suspended for 10 minutes

Getting muh placement exams done.

EDIT: What is with the intro anyways?  It implies stuff, but considering the realities of the game, the same buncha people trying to kill each other over and over again... ?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 07:53:24 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: September 28, 2017, 12:49:59 am »

The game itself is 100% not canon, believe it or not.  Game balance probably isn't either; one of the shorts features someone wearing the same type of armor Rein has hold the shield up in front of a literal army of bastion units without it even cracking, and then casually kill 3 of them with one fireblast.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: September 28, 2017, 09:05:16 am »

I believe someone at Blizz described the story/game relationship as a story they are telling through shorts, comics, and the like, and the game is more or less us being allowed to play with the action figures. It makes sense.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: September 28, 2017, 11:24:56 am »

So, I fired this game up for the first time in a coupla months. For whatever reason, the game now takes about a minute and a half to load into the menu screen, where it used to be near instant. What gives? (This is the only game that does this.)

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: September 28, 2017, 03:18:07 pm »

So, I fired this game up for the first time in a coupla months. For whatever reason, the game now takes about a minute and a half to load into the menu screen, where it used to be near instant. What gives? (This is the only game that does this.)

doesn't happen to me, it's probably related to your setup. it's like 10 seconds for me
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 03:19:44 pm by EvilTwin »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: September 28, 2017, 03:38:16 pm »

Does anyone actually follow the lore?  Because I will say, comic Torb is a completely different, more likeable character than game Torb.  He's this gruff but likeable dude who's trying to redeem himself after basically filling the world with advanced weapons and killer robots.  He doesn't give a shit about his turret and barely uses it to fight, instead using his knowledge and, I kid you not, stealth, to win fights before they begin.  He also apparently has a hundred kids.  Meanwhile game Torb is the token sexist, is one of only two non-villains who hates omnics (comic Torb has a much more reasoned perspective on that), and is basically a one note joke about how he loves his turret.  To the point where one of his highlight intros has him looking fondly at a scrapbook, then revealing its all pictures of his turret.  Which seems almost like a take-that to the lore team?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: September 28, 2017, 04:03:10 pm »

Huh. That whole 'You're playing with the action figures theme' kinda makes sense there. The game devs make up their own lore based on what they think the action figures should be like.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: September 28, 2017, 04:26:36 pm »

Which seems almost like a take-that to the lore team?

A lot of what they do in regards to skins and voice lines seems to be based on the lines of "how can we embrace x meme?" instead of "how can we add depth to this character?" For example, the whole painfully cringy Dad: 76 thing that they've thoroughly embraced. He's a vigilante, at best a father figure that watches from a distance from a rooftop, like Batman, not a barbecue dad. No offense meant to anyone that browses, but a lot of it seems to pander to the reddit community and the things they decide to cling to.

I get that event skins should be fun, but I'd like it a little better if they tied into the character's lore.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: September 28, 2017, 05:58:38 pm »

Huh. That whole 'You're playing with the action figures theme' kinda makes sense there. The game devs make up their own lore based on what they think the action figures should be like.

Buy the new "D.va and Mech" action figure set, now with plastic missile shooting action

Or the brand-new Doomfist, with kung fu grip
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: September 28, 2017, 06:18:36 pm »

They should totally make a new comic featuring dva shooting missiles to justify why the new action figure can. :P
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 107