Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167472 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1395 on: July 09, 2017, 08:47:55 pm »

There's been four new characters.  Two offense heroes, one tank, and one support.  Only category that got nobody was defense.

And sombra's largely been played as a support, with her improved health packs, fast ult, and hacking abilities over her DPS.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 10, 2017, 05:47:23 am »

doomfist would've been way cooler as a sort of defense/tank hybrid imo

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: July 10, 2017, 01:22:06 pm »

doomfist would've been way cooler as a sort of defense/tank hybrid imo

I too thought DF was going to be a bit more stalwart.  The Talon gang doesn't really have a tank.  The shields he gets from abilities help a tiny bit, but outside of his ult its rare he keeps all that much.  I honestly feel like Reaper's life steal is more impactful, as subtle as that is.

Although if you want a tanky Doomfist, tag team up with a Zarya.  DF is always in the thick of things, and as big and loud as he is, people can't help but shoot at him.  Its an easy way for a Zarya to charge up.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 10, 2017, 01:37:23 pm »

Sooooo.... who do you think the next hero will be? There are a few heroes namedropped already, but so far most of them sound like NPCs made up to give a sense of scale to the worldbuilding. I mean, "Soundquake" and "Fusionator" sound like rejected superheroes.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: July 10, 2017, 04:06:32 pm »

Talon also very conspicuously lack a healer. Guess it's hard to make a medic character seem evil? :P

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1400 on: July 10, 2017, 04:24:47 pm »

Talon also very conspicuously lack a healer. Guess it's hard to make a medic character seem evil? :P

Well, TF2 did make Medic officially Not A Nazi, But Close.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 10, 2017, 04:40:00 pm »

I mean difficult for Blizzard designers, not creative people. :P

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 10, 2017, 05:45:15 pm »

You got sombra's hacked health packs, but that's about it.  Much like a bad team comp, Talon is like 4 DPS characters and a sniper, no healers or tanks.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: July 10, 2017, 05:47:43 pm »

So the good guy's victory is basically inevitable, right? Talon have no coordination, just lots of power.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 10, 2017, 06:21:32 pm »

Most successful thing they did recently was break DF out of prison.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 10, 2017, 08:54:42 pm »

if you wanna make a healer that is evil just make something like a vampiric zenyatta, with some sort of buff they put on people to give them livesteal. or maybe a kinda tech-necromancer that molds hard light into shields and minions of some sort. there's plenty of ways to do it^^

EDIT: actually thinking about it, katya volskaya is making deals with the omnics, maybe we are gonna get an evil omnic hero? that would be kinda cool.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 08:56:46 pm by EvilTwin »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: July 10, 2017, 10:28:12 pm »

...Omnic Crisis Bastion?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: July 11, 2017, 06:58:18 am »

...Omnic Crisis Bastion?

would be cool, but I don't think Blizzard would do that since the new Bastion would probably be too similar in shape to - well, Bastion.

But maybe some sort of newly developed prototype omnic thing. It would continue the Volskaya/Zarya story arc, maybe Sombra gets her hands on it and recruits it for Talon.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: July 11, 2017, 08:58:40 am »

I mean... arguably, Sombra could be the healer for Talon.

Also I wouldn't mind a character based on the Eradicator.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: July 11, 2017, 10:39:16 am »

if you wanna make a healer that is evil just make something like a vampiric zenyatta, with some sort of buff they put on people to give them livesteal. or maybe a kinda tech-necromancer that molds hard light into shields and minions of some sort. there's plenty of ways to do it^^

EDIT: actually thinking about it, katya volskaya is making deals with the omnics, maybe we are gonna get an evil omnic hero? that would be kinda cool.
Blizzard seems to have decided that every character must have a gun that works in a different way, and healing too.  Its hard to keep coming up with different healing mechanisms apparently.

Your idea reminds me of the mad milk from TF2, I wouldn't mind that.  My only complaint is that a lifesteal healer could never be anything other than an off healer, so if we get that we should get another primary healer.  Else comp players will get mad at support mains for not picking Ana or Mercy (lord knows it already happens).

I think the original intent was that Symmetra would be an evil healer.  She works for a villainous faction yet is well intentioned, and her kit used to include direct targeted "healing".  Of course as we all know, Symmetra would be better categorized as a defense hero.  I remember back on release, in quickplay people would get mad if you had Mercy, Lucio, and Sym all on the same team because the warning would come up that there was "too many supports."
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 107