Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167434 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1350 on: February 22, 2017, 08:16:24 pm »

I played 5 matches in off-season last night...4 of them had leavers on both teams in the first round.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: February 22, 2017, 10:44:37 pm »

Yay triple-post!

Apparently the next new hero is going to be some sort of loli-nerd.

Likely either another turret-builder, or possibly a mechromancer ala Borderlands2's Gaige.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: February 22, 2017, 10:51:23 pm »

S P I D E R B O T
P
I
D
E
R
B
O
T
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: February 22, 2017, 11:48:36 pm »

I still think that the next character is Doomfist. Based on existing things, it adds up to me that she could fit inside of existing lore things for Doomfist. Plus, we could use another character in a mechsuit.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Black lives matter.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: February 23, 2017, 12:14:50 am »

Making some assumptions to think that she specifically is the new character.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: February 23, 2017, 12:23:08 am »

Yay triple-post!

Apparently the next new hero is going to be some sort of loli-nerd.

Likely either another turret-builder, or possibly a mechromancer ala Borderlands2's Gaige.
I don't know if the devs really want to go there... I mean do we really want Mercy pistol whipping an 11 year old to death?  It would be a bit out of tone.

Also kinda gross to automatically refer to a child character as a "loli".
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: February 23, 2017, 12:31:28 am »

I don't know if the devs really want to go there... I mean do we really want Mercy pistol whipping an 11 year old to death?  It would be a bit out of tone.

Also kinda gross to automatically refer to a child character as a "loli".

You bring up a lot of disturbing possibilities about all the horrible deaths we would be able to subject this child to. Squished by Reinhart, poisoned by Widow, blown up, etc. I bet this is some kind of trick and it turns out that we're seeing a flashback interview...except its after Numbani is hailed as a creative and open utopia. We're going to get to kill children. Dammit Blizzard. Or, or maybe it's some kind of trick and we're actually playing as her first, most powerful creation or something.

Edit* SHES GOING TO MAKE BASTION A NEW ROBOT BUDDY~
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: February 23, 2017, 01:59:45 am »

I still think that the next character is Doomfist. Based on existing things, it adds up to me that she could fit inside of existing lore things for Doomfist. Plus, we could use another character in a mechsuit.
Before this last anouncement, when everybody was talking about Doomfist, one of the officals said that the next hero ("number 24") will not be who we though it was.
Thsi tends to make people says that this new one will be little girl's Mecha, then Doomfist will come.

Also, guys, Blizzard don't want non-adult characters in their cast. So you won't kill a 11 years old girl, but you will destroy the robot she made :)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: February 23, 2017, 02:07:27 am »

Hey, who knows, maybe Blizz actually are clueless enough to do that.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: February 23, 2017, 01:22:11 pm »

There was a quote from Jeff saying "24 is not who you think it is". Doomfist has to be coming at some point, but not yet.
Hey, who knows, maybe Blizz actually are clueless enough to do that.
I read somewhere there was a child WoW character that was explicitly excluded from PVP arenas or something. Blizzard are aware that you can't ask the player to kill kids in a T for Teen game, if she's the hero she'll probably participate in battle exclusively through drones.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 02, 2017, 06:02:55 pm »

Ana part 2: tank edition is on the PTR
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 02, 2017, 06:35:45 pm »

I find it kinda funny how people sort of automatically thought that. It's kind of obvious why, too: she can do, like, 5 things by herself, like how Ana can be played as a DPS or healer however she sees fit at the time.

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 02, 2017, 07:21:32 pm »

I find it kinda funny how people sort of automatically thought that. It's kind of obvious why, too: she can do, like, 5 things by herself, like how Ana can be played as a DPS or healer however she sees fit at the time.

As far as teams go that consist mainly of Orisa, I have found Mercy to work better than Ana. Maybe I'm just a really bad Ana, but the fact that because of the barriers, the Orisa gang mostly dies all in the same spot and all at once from some form of ultimate makes Mercy better imo. Enemy barriers can also block Anas healing, sleep darts and grenades, and I think the sleep dart doesn't work on a fortified Orisa, but maybe I missed those shots *shrug*

EDIT: Also I just noticed that I totally missed the point of the post I quoted. whoops
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 07:24:47 pm by EvilTwin »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 107