Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167437 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1335 on: February 08, 2017, 03:11:33 pm »

Well, without his rocket or heal and with no option to retreat, a surprise hack and attack on a busy soldier tends to wreck him. Plus, in comp at least you'll often find soldiers surviving and running away from lost engagements. Being able to chase him down, stop his sprinting and finishing him off to stagger their respawns can be pretty valuable.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:13:07 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: February 08, 2017, 03:24:12 pm »

IME soldier can easily pop off either his rockets or his heal before you get the hack off, or its on cooldown and he wouldn't be able to use it anyway.  Even so, most of his power lies in his assault rifle.  is stronk.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: February 08, 2017, 03:40:45 pm »

IME soldier can easily pop off either his rockets or his heal before you get the hack off, or its on cooldown and he wouldn't be able to use it anyway.  Even so, most of his power lies in his assault rifle.  is stronk.

Don't hack from within his vision or better, hack from high ground. I wouldn't take on a soldier in a straight fight as Sombra, but like I said, surprising an already engaged/busy soldier usually yields good results. If he's busy shooting at things chances are he doesn't even have enough bullets left in his magazine to deal with you in decent time.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: February 08, 2017, 05:31:07 pm »

Being able to chase him down, stop his sprinting and finishing him off to stagger their respawns can be pretty valuable.
You can't cancel Soldier's sprint with hack, only stop him from beginning sprinting. So if he was on the run then he ain't slowing down for no one.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: February 08, 2017, 05:47:59 pm »

The new server browser in PTR seems very exciting. You can mess around with a lot of settings for each individual hero. People have made gimmick modes like 6v1 with the 1 "boss" player having crazy bonuses and cooldowns.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: February 08, 2017, 07:17:08 pm »

0 cooldowns Ana vs nothing but 300% health 25% damage tracers on a payload map.  Kindergarten nap time simulator.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: February 08, 2017, 08:10:52 pm »

Don't hack from within his vision or better, hack from high ground. I wouldn't take on a soldier in a straight fight as Sombra, but like I said, surprising an already engaged/busy soldier usually yields good results. If he's busy shooting at things chances are he doesn't even have enough bullets left in his magazine to deal with you in decent time.

If I have him by suprise and or he's weak, why don't I just shoot him?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: February 08, 2017, 08:15:42 pm »

If I have him by suprise and or he's weak, why don't I just shoot him?

I'm not talking about him being weak, just busy. There's a fair chance that the first thing the soldier does after taking damage from an unknown source is to drop his healing field which helps him and his nearby allies while extending the time you need to be exposed for if you want to commit to the kill. Something I'd like to avoid since it gives him some extra ult charge and sombra's usually on a tight recall time limit. If someone is low enough that I can just murder em and move on, of course I'll just shoot em and call it a day.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 08:22:13 pm by Ygdrad »

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: February 10, 2017, 12:21:45 pm »

The new server browser in PTR seems very exciting. You can mess around with a lot of settings for each individual hero. People have made gimmick modes like 6v1 with the 1 "boss" player having crazy bonuses and cooldowns.

The best mode I have found so far is Mayhem/Hell/whatever you wanna call it. max movement speed, ult generation, projectile speed, zero cooldown. it's absolute madness. pharah is an orbital cannon hovering above everyone else, tracers blinking around like they had too much coffee, constant dragons crossing the map, junkrat is just flying, too, which is basically a rhythm game for the junkrat player, reinhardt flailing around his hammer is basically an aoe attack, and so on, and so forth...

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: February 10, 2017, 01:07:11 pm »

Someone had a server just called "Reinhardt Bumper Cars".  Max speed, max damage, no cooldowns, and flamestrike was disabled.  Everything one shotted and the only way to reliably hit someone was to charge.

There's a new roadhog change on the PTR.  His gun has less spread, but the hook doesn't pull people in as far, and it has an 8 second cooldown now.

And Winston's head is smaller now.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: February 10, 2017, 01:42:12 pm »

Someone had a server just called "Reinhardt Bumper Cars".  Max speed, max damage, no cooldowns, and flamestrike was disabled.  Everything one shotted and the only way to reliably hit someone was to charge.

I actually played on that same server. earthshatter was also super effective though. the sound all of that made was... interesting let's just say.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: February 19, 2017, 04:12:26 pm »

Season 3 is scheduled to end on the 21st.
This season I've bounced around as high as 2500 at times, and as low as 1600 other times. This last week I've been on the lower end of that spectrum...but I managed to claw my way back up to 2000 today, so I'll be retiring until the season finishes and I can collect my 400 tokens~

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: February 19, 2017, 05:04:36 pm »

This season I've bounced around as high as 2500 at times, and as low as 1600 other times. This last week I've been on the lower end of that spectrum...but I managed to claw my way back up to 2000 today, so I'll be retiring until the season finishes and I can collect my 400 tokens~

I thought the tokens were based on your season high instead of current rank, but I might be mistaken...

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: February 19, 2017, 05:26:14 pm »

I thought the tokens were based on your season high instead of current rank, but I might be mistaken...
I hope they are, I'm at 1950 :D

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: February 19, 2017, 05:32:31 pm »

A cursory search indicates that the season high ranking does seem to be the deciding mark...but I need to finish playing The Last Guardian before Horizon comes out later this month anyway, so I'll stick with my plan.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 107