Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [IC] Numenera: Return of Fire  (Read 3692 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Numenera: Return of Fire
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 10:06:53 am »

Stay out of the way and observe the room.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2015, 03:25:39 pm »

Myreen walks into what would be her shelter for a little while, hefting both her satchel and her device, Making sure one was still full and the other working. Her clothing leaves her arms exposed, and the more squeamish just look away, for there are stripes of scales and fur, not in any way flattering, on the left shoulder of her outfit is emblazoned an unusual symbol, we here outside the game know it as the Rod_of_Asclepius , looking at the meager quarters offered here Myreen only comments, "I'm glad I'm not paying these prices"

Edit: Changing Post thanks to information from OOC thread
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 06:41:58 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 03:38:07 pm »

The Hall
Devotees

|Niles| Scanning the Door Beast, Niles would find his device to be more stubborn than usual. The information you are able to parse from the din of readings you pick up from other patrons is interesting, in an academic sense. He seems to be very old, perhaps just over 300 years, and his thoughts are on a constant loop you can't seem to decipher. After a few seconds, you realize some of the extraneous data you assumed was coming from the environment actually applied to this beast. He is composed of almost 40% inorganic mineral, of the same composition of this mountain.

|All| Few were responsive to Trenton's call, at first. A few of the patrons gave a quick glance at the disturbance, only to retreat into their own minds. There were two people, however, that approached him after a few moments of silence.

The first is a tall, lanky man bundled up in layers of red and brown fabric. Most of his face is hidden beneath a metallic mask adorned with fine engravings, but generously large eye holes reveal an intensely wide eyed stare. He seems unconcerned with concealing weapons, since you can spot several sheathed knives along his hip. Not to mention his oddly shaped spear, that seems more like a long cudgel with a crude blade strapped to the end. "I have traveled great distances to reach this place. Are you the caravan leader who called to me?" He points, almost accusingly, in your direction as he speaks. His booming voice breaks the defeated stillness in the air, once again causing the patrons to perk up.

The second person takes a seat at the table before it says anything. It doesn't seem to be quite human, or even abhuman. Indeed, it seems to be a visitant, a creature not of this world (or perhaps, even this galaxy). Small frills line the sides of its head where several beady, contralateral eyes scan the room. Its flesh is an orange-red hue, shimmering in the light of the fire. Loose metallic discs, padded with furs, form a suit of armour around its body, except on its chest where one would see a group of protruding bones reminiscent of two clasped hands. A series of tendrils seep from its slit-like mouth as it speaks. "I was told to meet with you as well, trader..." A melodious, if ever so slightly tinny, feminine voice seems to originate from the visitant.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 09:56:10 pm »

The man with the green skin walks quietly over to Trenton's table. What an interesting development. More people than he had expected seemed to be going on the trip with him. The trade caravan manager had mentioned something about extra passengers..

"Sorry I couldn't respond sooner," he blunders. "My mind sort of wandered."

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 12:16:10 am »

Ailana crept up following behind Severo, she kept her eyes firmly on the two newcomers, waiting for Trenton to make the first move. "I hope this caravan is able to help like they said..." she mumbled to herself.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Boxman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2015, 03:11:06 pm »

Looking around the room, Johnathan was beginning to think he was the first to arrive when suddenly his table seemed to fill up. He smiled widely at his fellow travelers. He took a moment to look and see if anyone else would join. Satisfied he turned his attention back to the newcomers, perhaps allowing his eyes to linger on the visitant for an uncomfortable length of time. He had come across many kinds of creatures during his travels, but nothing like whatever this thing was. Recovering he shook his head at the both of them. "Unfortunately, I am not who we are all seeking. I thought I was running late, and after observing the place for a moment I had no idea where I needed to be. I didn't see any large groups huddled together speaking about what this caravan was going to be about so I decided to make that group!" He gave them all a cheerful smile. "Allow me to go first, I am Trenton Mercator. I am a trader, yes, but I am not the leader of this caravan. Since nobody has claimed that role yet, why don't we all get to know each other. I don't suppose there really is anything else to do until our employer arrives." He turned his attention towards the girl who had slowly crept up behind the man wearing the metallic gloves. "You there, do not be shy! Are you also apart of this mysterious caravan? What is your name?" He asked, turning his full attention towards the girl.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2015, 05:46:53 pm »

Ailana shrunk back for a moment before remembering why she was here, "My name is Ailana Meredy, I'd assume we're both part of this caravan, I can't imagine many other mysterious caravans coming through." she blinked as she realized her mouth had gotten away from her.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2015, 11:19:41 pm »

... I can't imagine many other mysterious caravans coming through."...
"I'll second that." says Severo. "My name is Severo. I hope we will all be friends. I hate to think of the other alternatives." He smiles grimly. "However, I would like to be fiends with you. I haven't talked so much in years."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2015, 09:13:13 am »

Myreen Just watched, trying to decide who to trust from the conversations
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2015, 09:20:33 am »

"Huh."

Scan the alien thing, too. Surreptitiously!

Boxman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2015, 07:57:48 pm »

"It is nice to meet you both!" Johnathan said as he extended both of his hands out towards both of them. He took a moment to stop and cross his arms to make it easier to shake for the two of them. "I suppose that just leaves you two then!" He said turning towards the first two to join his table.

Edit: woops made a grammar edit!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 08:37:01 pm by Boxman »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2015, 10:04:05 pm »

Severo shook Jonathan's hand. "Nice to meet you too."

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2015, 11:35:23 pm »

Ailana shook Johnathan's other hand. "It's nice to know some friendly people are in this caravan."

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2015, 03:40:04 am »

"Best of luck to all of you." says Severo, as he sits down again.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2015, 06:49:13 pm »

(( Can skip me for now, chatting with strangers ain't my characters thing he'll just sit back and observe. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4