Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Vote wisely!

subsidize the private sector...
- 1 (10%)
or grant royal charters for mining colonies?
- 1 (10%)
or allow unrestricted expansion in the industrial fields and offer grants to build and crew mining stations when needed?
- 3 (30%)
Continue with polling...
- 1 (10%)
or settle the rest in parliament?
- 4 (40%)
suggestion? Write it out and visibly mark it!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Interactive Distant Worlds LP #2: Empire of Man PRETHREAD  (Read 5237 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Interactive Distant Worlds LP #2: Empire of Man PRETHREAD
« on: March 09, 2015, 08:06:16 pm »

Spoiler: original post (click to show/hide)

Alright peeps, gearing' on up for starting this let's play. Just a few questions before we start. More information forthcoming!

EDIT: When I've gotten enough votes on this poll, I'll update with some basic info and start another. By then, it should be time to start! Also, if you have questions, ask them!

EDIT2: Alright. As per polling results, we will be starting with enough enough planets for a sizable (4-5?) space empire. Also, akin to the last game, both players who are participating as nobles and those we are simply following thread maybe both participate as the upper and lower houses of parliament, respectively.

The Congress of Lords will be the upper house and will initially have the final say in voting. Everyone else will be part of The Imperial Council of Representatives and Minor Nobility, as such members may introduce motions and vote among themselves regarding them and RP accordingly (or not, that's okay too!), stuff you pass will have to (for simplicity's sake) be ratified by a simple majority of lords. Specifics on this when the actual thread is started.

EDIT3: So cool, civilians will build mining stations where profitable and I can commission them. sweet. the rest will be decided in parliamentary sessions.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:44:39 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check: Interactive Distance Worlds LP - Take 2
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 08:10:01 pm »

I have no idea about anything regarding Distant Worlds (other than that you misspelled it at the title), so of course I will be watching this.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 08:12:29 pm »

I have no idea about anything regarding Distant Worlds (other than that you misspelled it at the title), so of course I will be watching this.

Dear God, the title! What have I done!?!?

EDIT: Fixed.

Also: Luckily the way this will be played you won't have to know any real core mechanics of the game. Just a good sense of intragalactic geopolitics.

DOUBLE EDIT: Damnit people, respond!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:48:27 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 07:11:43 pm »

Dear God, the title! What have I done!?!?

EDIT: Fixed.

Also: Luckily the way this will be played you won't have to know any real core mechanics of the game. Just a good sense of intragalactic geopolitics.

DOUBLE EDIT: Damnit people, respond!

I love Distance Worlds. :P

No, seriously. It's a great game. If I weren't so wrapped up in Dom4, Infernum, and a few others I'd get down with some DW. I typically end up losing the game due to someone getting some weapons tech that eats my ships. =/

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check: Interactive Distant Worlds LP - Take 2
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 02:31:22 pm »

I'll play, though you might have to message me when stuff pops up, because I don't really hang out in Play with your Buddies.

Actually that is something of an interesting hook. What if information regarding our county is only messaged to each player, while big stuff dominates the actual thread?

What race we gonna be? I love the Ikkuro personally, but it IS your game. Though it might be fun to go with one of the insect races too, just for the everyone hates you aspect.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 02:51:53 pm »

I would be interested.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 08:06:03 pm »

Well i'm glad to see a few more people interested!
Why don't you PTW BFEL? Although I realize that if this becomes popular your inbox'll be flooded.

Anyways. That is an interesting hook. Do you think it would be permissible to spoiler the reports of each county/duchy/etc. so I don't have to message a ton of people? I mean I think it's fair to say we're all somewhat honorable here?

In terms of race I am of the persuasion that we will go humans. I'll probably also limit some of the other races as to have a slower, more interesting game.

EDIT: is anyone on the fence of interest and just doesn't know what the hell is going on?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 08:49:26 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 11:06:26 am »

Why don't you PTW BFEL? Although I realize that if this becomes popular your inbox'll be flooded.

BFEL posts in many things, and doesn't know how to UN-PTW. Thus I am currently "watching" every thread I've ever posted in, so I can't really use that method, as it would require looking through literally everything.

Also go ahead with the spoiler thing, wouldn't want you getting bored and quitting.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 04:27:26 pm »

This is definitely interesting to me.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 05:18:18 pm »

Nice. I think 3 or 4 people will be enough to start this up, more is also fine.

I'll set it up so there are immediately some worlds open. Worlds will, until and unless we get a fair number more people, will be opened on a first come first serve basis. I'm not sure how to deal with duchies once we have a significant number of planets, I think dukes will have to petition me to expand their domain, purely for ease of gameplay for myself.

One planets are out of the way, i'll be opening up voting for a number of laws and policies. These are, however unfortunately RP-unfriendly, in effect for the ENTIRE kingdom.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 08:15:41 am »

I'd be interested.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 08:35:43 am »

Very cool. Well, in that case. I'm going to spend a little while writing up rules and starting a new game in DW. In all, I'll probably start in a few days.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2015, 04:19:42 pm »

Oh hell yes. Glory to the Space Dorfs!

engineer13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 02:41:34 am »

Hoping this is still going on.  I would be pretty interested in having a position here.  I have universe ( :P ) so I have gotten to play some of this and it is pretty nice.  If I may suggest, for things such as designing and moving fleets you should do that yourself whereas our part should be more in the law making department, for instance banning the use of exploration ships or deciding that an entire race must be wiped out.  I know that I, for one, would love to order the demise of an entire enemy race.  Space Urist would be proud  :D.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2015, 06:35:20 am »

Hoping this is still going on.  I would be pretty interested in having a position here.  I have universe ( :P ) so I have gotten to play some of this and it is pretty nice.  If I may suggest, for things such as designing and moving fleets you should do that yourself whereas our part should be more in the law making department, for instance banning the use of exploration ships or deciding that an entire race must be wiped out.  I know that I, for one, would love to order the demise of an entire enemy race.  Space Urist would be proud  :D.

It is. I am waiting for break though (1 more week people!) so I can get back to PC laptop instead of my mac. I didn't realize when I started this thread that DW wouldn't work on my mac, so that's caused this delay. Also rules, just formulating them and making sure this LP/forum game is easier to update more accessible to play.
Pages: [1] 2 3