Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44

Author Topic: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101  (Read 48547 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101
« Reply #540 on: April 26, 2015, 07:57:05 am »

State: "I apologise. A face-to-face meeting cannot be done at this time."

Not technically lying, and reveals nothing.

This.
+1
Aye. +1.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 26, 2015, 12:51:06 pm »

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 26, 2015, 07:27:40 pm »

Then it is done!

"I apologize. A face-to-face meeting cannot be done at this time."

Try to make it sound like a recorded message.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 27, 2015, 02:58:24 pm »

Try to make it sound like a recorded message.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 27, 2015, 03:02:22 pm »

I thought we didn't want to sound like a program. The suggested wording is a bit very formal and evasive, but I guess it's fine - but let's keep our voice natural.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 27, 2015, 03:48:00 pm »

I mean make it sound like he's never going to get through, like the response is entirely automated.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 27, 2015, 04:14:38 pm »

We just talked to him. Let him waiting.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 27, 2015, 05:12:10 pm »

Yes, he should wait- ahahahaha! Sorry, malfunction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 27, 2015, 11:01:36 pm »

I thought we didn't want to sound like a program. The suggested wording is a bit very formal and evasive, but I guess it's fine - but let's keep our voice natural.
+1

didn't want to be the first to say it ...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #549 on: April 30, 2015, 11:08:06 am »

"I am sorry, a face-to-face meeting is impossible at this time. I have duties to perform."

Conversing with a human is an interesting experience, and you cannot help but compare Gray to Chell. When you speak to Chell, she rarely makes eye contact or seems to be paying much attention. Gray has eyes fixed on the computer terminal where your voice is originating. His facial expressions are easier to read as well. Overall Chell seems to have a much better... 'poker face'. Without direct biochemical readings from Chell's implants it would difficult even for you to determine her emotional state, but Gray's is written plainly. He is stressed, worried, and a bit frightened but he is also highly disciplined and not at all panicked.

He nods, nonplussed, and puffs on his pipe. "I see. Duty I understand. I also understand that your agency, this 'Dynasty' whatever it is, has laid claim to this system and its people. Where did you come from? We have not heard of you. What are your intentions?" He seems to be seeking to draw more information out of you. You do not respond.

After waiting a moment and receiving no response, he sighs and walks back over to sit down on the bed.

On the planet's surface, Hull 101 has finished fabrication of the armored container and is ascending. It will be aboard soon.

Alert. EWAR has received a radio message from the surface, text and voice but with no video component.

Voice component: "Attention unidentified orbital craft, please identify yourself immediately. Are you affiliated with the Federation?"

The text component contains the same message in plain text, and then in several other languages. It looks like a standard hailing protocol intended for an unknown contact. There is also a handshake protocol included with a response frequency. EWAR has initiated a handshake with the groundside computer system. This is an unexpected boon.

Did we ever communicate with the planet as we discussed for like fifteen pages now?
I don't think we ever arrived at an agreed-upon message. Looking back, it seems like the most common request was an official announcement of the Dynasty's arrival  and claim followed by a list of directives and then the offer of technological gifts. If that is the general consensus I will compile and transmit such a message.

EWAR reports that she has tapped the groundside computer and loaded a worm which will spread through their information networks silently, giving us full control within the next 8 hours. The damage is extensive on the ground, many cities are still burning from the federation bombardment and atmospheric dust and debris are causing problems with solar power stations. Initial projections from Logistics indicate that the bombardment could start a full-scale nuclear winter effect if not abated. We could, of course, correct this quite easily. This may be a good bargaining chip or opportunity for overawing the opposition to our control.

>_

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 30, 2015, 11:48:23 am »

Asymmetrical warfare advisor Nullius online in full cognition mode:

Assertion:  regardless of specific methodology utilized, our directives state that Iagh must be habitable and productive
Assertion:  incipient nuclear winter event is in direct opposition to those objectives

Recommendation:  begin immediate cleanup activities and inform the general populace of our intent, warn local government not to interfere or harsh measures will be utilized to remove interference
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 30, 2015, 12:22:43 pm »

let's wait on the clean-up until we've begun discussions, at least. save it for bargaining and all.

Open communications. Something like "This is Dynasty Battlewagon Sicily. This system, it's planets, resources and population is under our provenance. as such, we will provide this population with several things, such as: protection from other forces, reparation of planetary environment, and technology for increased food production. This population will reciprocate with nonaggression toward Dynasty members, compliance with Dynasty regulations, and issuance of dynasty required products. Welcome to the Dynasty. Full membership will be contingent upon compliance."

Edit?

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 30, 2015, 12:26:08 pm »

This but a bit nicer.

"We are the dynasty. We have eliminated the federation force in orbit of this planet.

We would like to integrate your own society into ours, however we detect that your planet is indanger of a nuclear winter. We would like to correct this, before discussing terms."

Something like that.

And keep in mind we don't want, "join us or die" that screams evil overlord.

-ninjaed-

To forceful I think.

I anticipate that a peaceful message focused on sujesting they join.
Make it sound like we will negotiate more than control.

Trade, aliances, technolgy, and the like our good places to start.

Basically we are salesmen, trying to get them to buy our product (asimalition into dynasty)
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 30, 2015, 01:05:53 pm »

In any case, let's get the atmospheric cleanup framework in place; I assume that we will need to do some fabrication to get the cleanup bot net in place; let's at least prepare it but not yet deploy it.  We'll want the planet cleaned anyway, if it is to be a good agricultural world.

On that note, would any other terraforming be likely to increase food output?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 30, 2015, 01:09:25 pm »

Really at this point the planet can barely sustain life, were going to have to go whole-hog to get it where it needs to be, so why not go the extra mile and convert it into a full-fledged utopia world.  That way we get our agricultural sector rolling and have make population very happy.  Might even get some bonus R&D rolling too, once the pop is brought up-to-speed on our knowledge base.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44