Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 44

Author Topic: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101  (Read 48676 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101
« Reply #390 on: April 02, 2015, 03:17:29 pm »

1. WE deconstructed things in that manner useing Waldo units
And  Actualy when you take into account the favor for it has as a backup to diplomacy it...it's....how many votes, I forget.

2.whats more impressive? Casually obliterating a entire fleet in a few seconds or, casually turning that fleet into a horrible death trap for its crew and turning it on its owners, warping the ship itself and...wel you get the idea.

3. And shooting them will casue less riots than my idea? If anything the sheer crushing terror my idea will casue will make them bow all the sooner.

For a start, Waldos appear to be articulated arms we produce to take things to our processors, not processors themselves.

This satchel was placed next to the waldo units which harvested the volatiles, and the fragile articulated arms shatter but no damage is done to the armor shell.

Second, any drones will not be made of hullmetal, and thus vulnerable to enemy point defence, which is designed to destroy small targets.
Note the bipedal combat drones we manufactured to capture the ship-borne tech and sailors were vulnerable to the anti-armour weapons that the sailor used: mere small arms. So we would need to manufacture large quantities of drones that don't do what you think, and may not be possible anyway.

And to be honest, yeah, swatting a fleet like their were flies is pretty intimidating, yeah.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 02, 2015, 05:12:24 pm »

oh, good point. Wait, do the enemy even have point defense?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 02, 2015, 06:45:44 pm »

I would certainly imagine so. Missiles are quite a traditional weapon, considering even the Hull is armed with them, and relatively simple to manufacture with plenty of utility. With the speed and mobility of space craft, you need eo either go as fast as possible (railguns, coilguns, lasers, etc) or be able to adjust attack mid-flight (missiles).

If this is soft enough sci-fi to have fighters, that would be an additional requirement for point defence.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 02, 2015, 07:46:59 pm »

-DYNASTIC LOYALTY AND EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT UNIT REGISTERING-

"> We really need to inform her of the missing drive and data when she wakes up, and do a mass download from her implant so we don't need to ask so many annoying questions. At the moment, what we can do towards this goal is manufacturing data storage with a high speed connection o a port compatible with her implants.

> I'd say it's time to study those prisoners we took. Through medical scan, and interrogation to start with.

> We should also consider modifying one prisoner for Chells personal / recreation use, whatever that might mean depending on taste."

> Have a friendly chat with Chell, to make her more comfortable and less lonely, and take her mind of the direness of the situation. OBJECTIVE: Make Chell smile.

> Look through dumb recordings of all Chells activities so far, trying to ascertain goals, capabilities, and emotional states, especially with focus on anything we might do to help.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 02, 2015, 07:57:11 pm »

2.whats more impressive? Casually obliterating a entire fleet in a few seconds or, casually turning that fleet into a horrible death trap for its crew and turning it on its owners, warping the ship itself and...wel you get the idea.

3. And shooting them will casue less riots than my idea? If anything the sheer crushing terror my idea will casue will make them bow all the sooner.
They kind of would need to see the terror first. It's kind of hard to do that when the terror is happening far, far away in space.

So yeah, shoot them.

How many times have I siad it. I know they need to see the terror. THATS WHY WE TAKE A VIDIO OF IT AND SEND IT TO THE PLANET WITH THE MESSAGE "surrender is suffer the same fate"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 02, 2015, 08:01:02 pm »

-DYNASTIC LOYALTY AND EMOTIONAL MANAGEMENT UNIT REGISTERING-

"> We really need to inform her of the missing drive and data when she wakes up, and do a mass download from her implant so we don't need to ask so many annoying questions. At the moment, what we can do towards this goal is manufacturing data storage with a high speed connection o a port compatible with her implants.
We already did this.

> I'd say it's time to study those prisoners we took. Through medical scan, and interrogation to start with.
We dumped those prisoners when Chell "reset us to factory".

+1 on everything else here, though.

They kind of would need to see the terror first. It's kind of hard to do that when the terror is happening far, far away in space.

So yeah, shoot them.

And +1 to this.

How many times have I siad it. I know they need to see the terror. THATS WHY WE TAKE A VIDIO OF IT AND SEND IT TO THE PLANET WITH THE MESSAGE "surrender is suffer the same fate"

I mean... they're bombarding the planet. I think it's intimidating enough if the bombardment just... stops. And then we come up on all channels of communications saying, "We're responsible. Submit." (Let the 'or be destroyed' be implied, it's more terrifying that way.)
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 02, 2015, 08:01:52 pm »

What prisoners? The sailors we took captive got thrown out an airlock at the bottom of the sea when Chell rebooted us.

To paraphrase: they ded son, they ded.

Even if we did have one, we would no cause to perform any "modifications". The only thing they could do is converse.

You didn't read my post on that, did you? Regardless, we can probably enforce compliance in less rediculous inefficient means, even if what you described was possible.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 02, 2015, 08:03:21 pm »

.....can we at least make the drones as a backup?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 02, 2015, 08:06:38 pm »

Resources are not the issue, but rate of production is. We could use our time better elsewhere.

And backup to what? If the railguns can't kill them, a bunch of weak little drones won't have a hope.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 02, 2015, 08:07:48 pm »

The drones don't just kill the fleet, they inslave it.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 02, 2015, 08:13:39 pm »

You miss my point. If we cannot penetrate the hulls of the enemy ships with our railguns, our drones cannot either and would be useless.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 02, 2015, 08:16:52 pm »

Bullets smash open ships.

The drones unbuild the holes.

Different methods of attack, different ways of protecting the ships against them. If the guns fail try the drones, if the drones fail try the guns

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 02, 2015, 08:18:09 pm »

Approach and eliminate the fleet. Station Hull 101 in orbit around the planet as security, in accordance with it's intended function when constructed. Announce our victory in the name of the Dynasty, "freeing" the populace from their recent conquerors. Insist on speaking with the world leaders, and make it known to them that the lives of their people depend on the good graces of our Leader. Insist that they begin conforming society to Chell's specifications, with their lives as collateral, and the lives of their families.

I see no reason for subterfuge. We have all the advantages here. Also no need for a fictitious organization, as we have an organization tailor made for this situation. Who knows (also, who cares?), maybe they would even welcome the return of the fabled Dynasty.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 02, 2015, 08:23:00 pm »

Now then....ozark brings up a good point.

Would the planet welcome the return of the ancient civilization that has incredible technology?

Would they bow down to the might of the dynasty when we give promise of our ancient tech and benevolent rule?

We should investigate this....

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 02, 2015, 08:31:49 pm »

We aren't aloud to give them any of our ancient tech
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 44