Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44

Author Topic: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101  (Read 48672 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Hull 101
« Reply #315 on: March 25, 2015, 07:28:24 pm »

Restart repairs using the transhammer
Hull integrity is important.

"oh right forgot that"

I say +1
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 25, 2015, 08:15:37 pm »

Restart repairs using the transhammer
Hull integrity is important.
I'm not opposed. Pilot seemed to find it of no concern though.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 25, 2015, 08:19:30 pm »

Pilot has a very singleminded way of going about things. The fact of the matter is that there is now a main reactor running at standard operational levels that is at least partially unprotected. And one way to not go about restoring a dynasty is to let the only known member get blown up.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 25, 2015, 08:43:22 pm »

So if multiple little sub-processors are steadily appearing - does this mean our cognition is fracturing/fractal/disjointed - void forge influenced - issued? Additionally, given the variable quality of these sub-processes, this indicates they're drawing different amounts of power/time/thread - can this be standardized/do we want it to be standardized.

Oh, wait, I'm navel gazing. Never mind.

Obey the pilot, trust the pilot. We were created to serve the pilot - this is our means of existence, this is our meaning for existence. We are but an extension of the pilot's will, an extension of the pilot's body. No questions, no hesitation, only union and obedience.

And can we fix the damn holes while we're at it?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 26, 2015, 04:18:23 am »

> Fix the holes. If we don't have enough we'll just have to make it thinner than spec.

> We really need to inform her of the missing drive and data when she wakes up, and do a mass download from her implant so we don't need to ask so many annoying questions. At the moment, what we can do towards this goal is manufacturing data storage with a high speed connection o a port compatible with her implants.

> We really need to make modifications to the habitation to fit, since it's suddenly a LOT higher priority. Primarily, massively expanded medical facilities of the highest quality we can muster to maximize survival chances. Also, now knowing her identity we should be able to do a lot of customization based of simply what the history books have to say about her tastes.

> I'd say it's time to study those prisoners we took. Through medical scan, and interrogation to start with.

> We should also consider modifying one prisoner for Chells personal / recreation use, whatever that might mean depending on taste.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 26, 2015, 06:17:43 am »

Prisoners were thrown out earlier. We don't have them anymore.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 26, 2015, 06:41:15 am »

> Fix the holes. If we don't have enough we'll just have to make it thinner than spec.

> We really need to inform her of the missing drive and data when she wakes up, and do a mass download from her implant so we don't need to ask so many annoying questions. At the moment, what we can do towards this goal is manufacturing data storage with a high speed connection o a port compatible with her implants.

> We really need to make modifications to the habitation to fit, since it's suddenly a LOT higher priority. Primarily, massively expanded medical facilities of the highest quality we can muster to maximize survival chances. Also, now knowing her identity we should be able to do a lot of customization based of simply what the history books have to say about her tastes.

> I'd say it's time to study those prisoners we took. Through medical scan, and interrogation to start with.

> We should also consider modifying one prisoner for Chells personal / recreation use, whatever that might mean depending on taste.

This. All the this!
Of course we don't have the prisoners anymore....oh well

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 26, 2015, 07:17:05 am »

Pretty sure we only dumped 2 out of 4 prisoners.

thedrelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 26, 2015, 07:49:57 am »

A few questions and concerns arise from this new info.

I think i understand the hypercube. It extends its storage space by essentially folding 3d space into other unobservable dimentions. In essence: it's bigger on the inside.

As for this unknown high ITL species encountered by the dynasty, it is a matter of concern that the planet  may have been destroyed by the dynasty station, and not some other non-dynasty means. I advise asking the station if it was in  fact used to bombard the planet, or if it contains telemetry of any past attack. We need info of what we are up against.

if the planet was bombarded  by the H.E.L.L. emplacment, was it a dynasty authorized attack, or did this new threat somehow commandeer the station? Should we be concerned that this could leave us open to similar takeovers?

Lastly, and more immediately, have we determined if this fleet is a threat to us in our damaged state? Should we do something about it?

*scribble scribble*

Yes?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 26, 2015, 08:47:33 am »

Pretty sure we only dumped 2 out of 4 prisoners.
We only took two prisoners.

The drones in the cargo bay have located the technology cache, it is in two separate containers. One of the drones begins to cut a hole in the ship's hull below the water line as the other fits the two captured crew with breathing masks.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 26, 2015, 08:52:06 am »

Might as well fix the armor.  It's our biggest weakness at the time.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 26, 2015, 08:59:26 am »

Lastly, and more immediately, have we determined if this fleet is a threat to us in our damaged state? Should we do something about it?
It was mentioned in an earlier update that we ignored the fleet because they're harmless, thats especially true now that we have enough of our weapons online to destroy them in moments.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #327 on: March 26, 2015, 09:39:36 am »

if we have any space-worthy sensors, use them to assess the stellar system in as much detail as possible.

As much detail as possible? Alright. Sensors have been cataloging all celestial bodies. System configuration roughly matches Dynasty records.

Code: [Select]
IAGH:
Type G3 V Yellow Main Sequence
Radius 7.86 x 105 km   (1.13 x sol)
Mass 2.37 x 1030 kg   (1.19 x sol)
Temperature 5600 K
Luminosity 5.57 x 1026 W   (1.46 x sol)

IAGH I:
Type Chthonian Planet
Orbital Radius 2.45 x 107 km   (0.16 AU)
Period 1.16 x 103 hours   (0.13 earth years)
Gravity 9.28 m/s2   (0.95 x earth)
IAGH II
Type Rocky Planet
Orbital Radius 6.53 x 107 km   (0.44 AU)
Period 5.01 x 103 hours   (0.57 earth years)
Gravity 9.32 m/s2   (0.95 x earth)
Special 4 small moons
IAGH III
Type Terrestrial World - Large iron/silicate
Orbital Radius 1.15 x 108 km   (0.77 AU)
Period 1.17 x 104 hours   (1.34 earth years)
Gravity 16.62 m/s2   (1.70 x earth)
Hydrosphere 65 % water, 14 % ice
Civilization Colony
Special Electromagnetic storms
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Asteroid Belt
Type Asteroid Belt
Orbital Radius 1.10 x 109 km   (7.32 AU)
Period 8.45 x 104 hours   (9.67 earth years)

recommendation: list all known Imperial relatives, living or allegedly dead, along with last known coordinates. To resurrect a Dynasty, it seems logical that one must resurrect the members of that Dynasty.
Such a list would include many thousands of people. Could you possibly narrow down the request?

I have given Logistics the task of reconfiguring the interior habitation space to be larger, more comfortable. Logistics will also continue efforts to patch up the hull's armor. The work will be much easier now that we are outside of a planetary atmosphere.

Does this planet have a moon? If so, we can easily do a few gravity maneuvers to shorten the travel time.
There is no moon in orbit of this planet. Time is not an important factor now though. We could persist in current state nearly indefinitely and no current objectives are time sensitive at this scale.

In regards to label of psychotic: Context suggested the term was aimed at the particular subprocessor. However, Seek clarification as to the entity being labeled psychotic. Respond accordingly. If we ARE psychotic, it would be best to take countermeasures against our own madness, no?
Cognition diagnostics do not indicate any psychosis. Supposition: Chell is under stress and emotional strain. It is unlikely the remark was intended as a diagnosis. Even so, we can request clarification once Chell is out of stasis.

Excellent ideas. I had not thought to inform Chell about the missing data storage. Pulling data from Chell's implants would require permission however, so that will require us to wait until our arrival at the station. I have had Logistics replace the missing storage drives with freshly fabricated blank drives and have constructed a high speed data port which should be compatible with the advanced implants in Chell's body.

I have also informed Logistics that we also need dedicated medical facilities and 'room dressing' based upon personal tastes. I suppose that now we know Chell's identity we could start referring to it by gender, but it still seems inappropriate as Chell has not chosen to return to a biological gender, or which gender best fits at this time. At birth, Chell was indeed a female.

Several hours pass as Hull 101 achieves a high suborbital trajectory before the C-D engines lose effectiveness. Two of Hull 101's large kinetic accelerators turn aft and begin firing in staggered sequence, while smaller accelerators fire to either side to adjust the vehicle's course. The projectiles are mostly composed of rock and debris still left from the tunneling on the planet, packed tightly around an iron core.

This expulsion of mass, carefully calculated, provides a small but steady thrust. Hull 101 has very little margin for error in this transit, but Chell seemed confident and the calculations indicate that the crossing should be no problem.

As the vehicle swings out and away from the planet, finally escaping its gravity and falling starwards, the fleet comes into view of the sensors.

The ships are deploying towards the planet and do not seem to have detected you, or else they do not care. The flagship is broadcasting an open call for the rebels to surrender.

As the days pass, the exterior armor is repaired or replaced as best it can be with onboard resources. It isn't perfect, but it should suffice. Internally, Chell now has a system of apartments totalling 190m2 of living space, decorated in the old styles noted in its record, red silks (fake, obviously, but a decent approximation) drape the walls with gilded thread forming the Dynasty emblem. There are several sofas, entertainment systems, a kitchen which we can later stock with food if we get any... the apartment is drawn from a luxury apartment plan we found in the records. There is also a medical bay adjoining the bedroom as well, though our medical supplies are limited to combat medicines already onboard and what simple compounds we could synthesize.

There is another point of minor concern... the coordinates that Chell has ordered us to are deep within the star's Roche limit. Even more curious, the location indicated is currently visible to sensors and... nothing is there.

Still, we must proceed. Logistics has us on a close solar flyby and is fabricating additional heatsink capacity which will be deployed away from the sun to keep us at operational temperatures.

>_

((Last update before we arrive, in case you guys want anything else done. I'll be doing the arrival update this afternoon or early tomorrow depending on time availability))
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 09:45:40 am by forsaken1111 »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 26, 2015, 09:58:27 am »

It's annoying that Chell went into stasis already. I would've liked to confirm that (s)he wishes us to enter a dangerous location such as that.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 26, 2015, 09:58:47 am »

all sounds good to me.

"must be some high-tech cloaking feaild. or maybe there is some sort of hidden warp gate or something. the dynasty has lots of neat tech.....

when chell wakes up we should respectfully ask her for ALL confidential information she has. we are the only ones left as far as we know. the more we know about potential resources, threats and the like the more prepared we are.

anyways..... we have lots of time on our hands. and with full digital resources we have plenty of power to spare"

-system launch. arcade.exe is now active.

"what do you guys want to play?"

((let the time skip begin!))
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 10:01:58 am by endlessblaze »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44