Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44

Author Topic: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101  (Read 48674 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Hull 101
« Reply #255 on: March 24, 2015, 12:54:49 am »

Let's not open that can of worms.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #256 on: March 24, 2015, 06:36:30 am »

Should we refer to Pilot as a Ki?
The correct form of address would be either rank or title with optional name appended, so "Pilot McCael" or "Lieutenant Commander McCael" or simply "Commander".

((I will have an update up later today, busy busy))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 24, 2015, 09:09:09 am »

With the salvaged Dynasty tech which, if any, of the G2O weapons could we bring online? With the amount of normal weapons we can repair we have to at least be able to bring one of the 200cm Kinetic Accelerators online.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 24, 2015, 09:35:11 am »

This is entertaining. PTW!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #259 on: March 24, 2015, 09:37:39 am »

It would appear that the majority favor reactivating our smaller caliber weaponry using the captured materials. I have given the orders to Logistics and it is creating a fabrication plan. This process will require several hours and will necessitate that we cease movement across the ocean floor for the duration as the upper hull must be opened.

Once we get into orbit, what next? How effective is primary drive at interstellar travel?
The C-D engine is not an FTL drive, it simply allows high mobility combat maneuvers. The Dynasty used FTL carriers to move Hull units between stars. The Hull would dock to the outside of the carrier in a hexagonal configuration so that the Hulls covered the carrier ship entirely and could utilize their weapons to defend it.

With the salvaged Dynasty tech which, if any, of the G2O weapons could we bring online? With the amount of normal weapons we can repair we have to at least be able to bring one of the 200cm Kinetic Accelerators online.
By sacrificing some of the smaller weaponry it may be possible. I will issue the requirement to Logistics and allow it to cannibalize from the nonfunctional short ranged weaponry.

The bulk of Hull 101 comes to a stop and spindly spider-like construction arms are extruded from the side. They begin to spool out what looks like a large balloon and stretch it over the top of the hull. Once secured, the balloon is inflated and reinforced providing a dry work space for Logistics to do some very jerry-rigged repairs. The upgraded Transhammer is brought out and applied to the hull. There is a pulsing sound which grows louder and louder before ending in a loud THUD which shakes the hull and causes the seafloor to buckle and rock. Cavitation shockwaves spread out from the impact point as the water reacts to the force of the blow. This continues, a build-up and THUD every few seconds, as the Logistics system carves away the upper turret blisters to get at the damaged mechanisms. Melted and damaged hull plating is peeled back slowly, laboriously. At some point during this hammering din, Medical alerts trip due to a sudden spike in adrenalin. Eyes open. Your attention is drawn inwards.

Medical Alert - Pilot Conscious

A video feed comes up. The Pilot is still lying in the makeshift bed, a medical monitor plugged into the left shoulder socket implant. An arm swings down to run a glowing blue device over its body. All signs point to wakefulness. Brain activity normal, alert.

Conclusion: Pilot is faking sleep in order to assess surroundings.

It is not surprising, the construction sounds are very loud, even here. Pilot may think a bombardment is underway.

Logistics estimates that the maintenance//repair cycle will require several more hours. Unexpected damage has been found, left over from the initial bombardment that nearly destroyed Hull 101.

>_

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 24, 2015, 09:51:38 am »

Notify Pilot of current status.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 24, 2015, 09:56:33 am »

We can't be sure he's trustworthy!

Tell the Pilot we're aware that it is faking sleep. Ask it to confirm its identity immediately, and to explain why he was stowed away onboard us.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 24, 2015, 10:41:49 am »

>Bullshit. Its cybernetics are authentic Dynasty tech. Don't question it.
>But yeah, inform pilot of our awareness of his status as well as the fact that repairs are being done. Then proceed with multimedia presentation of current status.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 24, 2015, 10:47:13 am »

Tell the Pilot we're aware that it is faking sleep. Ask it to confirm its identity immediately, and to explain why he was stowed away onboard us.

Be more polite-

Pilot mcCael it is good to see you are wake, do not be alarmed, the hull is currently undergoing repairs. We (the collective of the congnition prosses) however are curious as to why this planet was bombarded, and why you were in us while we were inactive.  We assume it was to be protected from the bombardment,but this begs the question of why you were not evacuated.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 24, 2015, 10:53:22 am »

And? Its not like such cybernetics can't be stolen, transplanted, or found.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 24, 2015, 10:56:06 am »

And? Its not like such cybernetics can't be stolen, transplanted, or found.

That's true,

But...

Be more polite-

Pilot mcCael it is good to see you are wake, do not be alarmed, the hull is currently undergoing repairs. We (the collective of the congnition prosses) however are curious as to why this planet was bombarded, and why you were in us while we were inactive.  We assume it was to be protected from the bombardment,but this begs the question of why you were not evacuated.

If we go with my idea we can gauge his reaction, if he acts suspicious THEN we can question his identity and motives.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #266 on: March 24, 2015, 11:52:03 am »

Sensible precautions all, Pilot's identity has not been verified beyond doubt.

I will question the Pilot with EWAR's assistance. Please observe and advise.

On the video feed, the medical instruments withdraw from the human. A soft voice speaks,

"Pilot, Lieutenant Commander, Ian McCael. Implant ID verified."

The human's face does not twitch, no movement betrays the Pilot's sleeping act.

"I know you are not sleeping Commander. You are under no threat or restraint, nor do you have to respond to me but I would very much like to ask you a few questions."

The face twitches, a small smile. The human's voice is strangely modulated, likely the output of an implanted syste, "I forgot how.. personable.. you old style Hull units were."

Its eyes open, irises a blue/green iridescence which flash in the low light. Medical query confirms implanted systems present in the eyes, purpose unknown. The Pilot's gaze sweeps the interior, lingers for a moment on the two sleeping forms in the holding cell. It seems surprised, but hides it well. Medical reports the teltale metabolic signs and brainwave patterns indicating slight shock, intense curiousity, but over all a steadfast discipline which prevents those emotions from touching its unlined face.

The face does not match anything in your records, but conforms generally to human norms. Aquiline nose, high cheekbones, unnaturally smooth skin, epicanthic folds on the eyes indicate a Dynasty lineage. Genetic profiling has already verified this as well, though obviously you do not have your own records to corroborate as this person was likely born years after you were put in storage.

The human starts to sit up, hesitates, looks down at its torso. "I am injured?"

"You were found in stasis within the tertiary storage tank. It is lucky you were found as the pod's systems were not linked in. We have put the pod's systems on internal power but... Commander you appear to have been in stasis for a very long time."

"I see... well I will of course need a full briefing." Medical reports metabolic symptoms of alarm, extreme stress. Adrenal spikes. Again, no outward signs show, or you are simply not skilled enough to spot them. You have not, after all, interacted with many humans recently in circumstances other than combat. Even a subsentient combat mind can become rusty at the social graces.

"Yes Commander, but first we must verify your identity. My systems have queried your implants. I am the CognOS subsentient engineering system of Hull 101, the vehicle in which you reside. We have received your name and service record, but information beyond that is sealed. Please confirm that you are Lieutenant Commander Ian McCael, and can you please offer some corroborating evidence?"

The human blinks, the first visible sign of surprise you have noted. Medical reports anger, annoyance. "I'm being questioned by a subsentient dullard? And now you want me to verify who I am, despite the fact that I have no idea where or when I am?" Pilot seems to calm down. "I will offer what I can but I need information...CognOS. Please tell me our current status. Once I understand what has happened, I will know how to proceed."

"Very well Commander. EWAR please play the briefing for Pilot McCael."

A screen detaches from the wall and is handed to the Pilot. Ian nods and keys the screen to begin.

The Pilot will likely take some time to assimilate the information. Medical is noting mounting stress levels and general anxiety.

It is likely that the continuing construction noise is not helping, but Pilot has not asked... well hasn't asked about it at all in fact. Curious...

Perhaps it is a recognizable noise? Or Pilot is assuming it will be covered in the briefing.

While the Pilot is assimilating the information, do you have any specific questions?

>_

thedrelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 24, 2015, 12:01:00 pm »

We must determine the purpose and the threat level of the unknown device that the commander has stowed on board.
*scribble scribble*

Yes?

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 24, 2015, 12:15:32 pm »

We must determine the purpose and the threat level of the unknown device that the commander has stowed on board.

I think it was a gun....but sure we can check.

Also for now just wait, and ask if the noise from repairs is bothering him.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 24, 2015, 12:25:32 pm »

Yep, this is important. We also need Commander's account of events since our shutdown order, but that can wait until Commander has assimilated information provided.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44