Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44

Author Topic: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101  (Read 48647 times)

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Hull 101
« Reply #240 on: March 23, 2015, 02:12:50 pm »

Eh, but if we get mobility, we might be able to get to new caches faster to repair our weapons either better or more completely.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 23, 2015, 02:15:55 pm »

At the moment, however, we are forced to remain underground at risk of orbital bombardment we can't counter.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 23, 2015, 02:28:30 pm »

>I recommend fixing weaponry, we need those too.
>But first a question: If we focus on repairing movement, would we be able to do orbital jump near the fleet and burn holes in them with APDS assuming the fleet is ITL5 or barely ITL6?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 23, 2015, 02:34:12 pm »

>I recommend fixing weaponry, we need those too.
>But first a question: If we focus on repairing movement, would we be able to do orbital jump near the fleet and burn holes in them with APDS assuming the fleet is ITL5 or barely ITL6?
The answer is probably no.

our APDS is not effective in zero atmosphere as it relies on ionization channels through the air to guide the bolt.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:35:59 pm by 10ebbor10 »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 23, 2015, 02:35:24 pm »

I suppose we could store tanks of compressed air to use as ammunition, maybe get a shot or two from that.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 23, 2015, 02:36:38 pm »

I suppose we could store tanks of compressed air to use as ammunition, maybe get a shot or two from that.
That would mean that we would need to go point blank in order to get any use out of it though.

At that point we might as well use the hull as a kinetic projectile.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 23, 2015, 02:38:20 pm »

That would mean that we would need to go point blank in order to get any use out of it though.

At that point we might as well use the hull as a kinetic projectile.
Oh hey, that's a good idea!

Anyway. Let's fix weapons.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 23, 2015, 02:46:07 pm »

Yes, fix the weapons
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 23, 2015, 02:56:44 pm »

Fix all the guns!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 23, 2015, 03:38:02 pm »

Yeah, lets get a couple more guns online. Then, if we're lucky, we can try to fix our power issues and get back into orbit
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 23, 2015, 04:16:56 pm »

Once we get into orbit, what next? How effective is primary drive at interstellar travel?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 23, 2015, 05:56:57 pm »

we have no use or any more weapons than we currently have until we go orbital. We do have use for increased mobility. And APDS only works in atmosphere, I believe the GM said. It would be useless against space armadas. And any weapons useful against them will not be effectively fired from the ground, as that would tend to vaporize the air, ground, and hull 101 in the process - bleeding all the killing energy before it even comes near the space armada.

Until we have our hull fully repaired and have orbital abilities, AND know that the fleet is an enemy, and one within our capabilities, I continue to suggest that we work on mobility and hull before weapons (G.M., this is a repetition of what i said before, so don't count it as an additional vote :D. ((I know this issue is probably already decided by the majority, but still))

Finally: Ignore the captives for now. Leave Pilot until he or she is in optimal condition for awakening. Assess gender of pilot or courtesy's sake.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 23, 2015, 06:10:26 pm »

A human lies there in a Dynasty uniform, rank insignia indicates that it is a Lieutenant Commander as expected. The form is androgynous, but this does not surprise you. Fleet personnel give up all biological gender for as long as they are serving the Dynasty's military.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 06:19:32 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 23, 2015, 06:31:10 pm »

thanks, Dreamer. I must have missed that.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 23, 2015, 07:59:44 pm »

Should we refer to Pilot as a Ki?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44