Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44

Author Topic: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101  (Read 48708 times)

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hull 101
« Reply #225 on: March 23, 2015, 08:09:45 am »

Why not using the infamous Valkyries' music from Apocalypse Now?
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #226 on: March 23, 2015, 08:14:48 am »

((I picked a random song from my combat playlist. Will use Wagner next time.))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 23, 2015, 08:15:34 am »

How are we storing the captives ion our hull? I assume they're sealed in and unable to poke around when they wake.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 23, 2015, 08:39:26 am »

((I picked a random song from my combat playlist. Will use Wagner next time.))

The question is, would a Wagner or a Metallica (or Blind Guardian or else, perhaps Justin Bibier) would be less souspicius?
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 23, 2015, 08:40:17 am »

How are we storing the captives ion our hull? I assume they're sealed in and unable to poke around when they wake.

We should be able to store them with our Pilot. The drones are able to move them in a secure prison/hospital/living room
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 23, 2015, 09:10:05 am »

Yeah, we want to store them away from the pilot - they might try to harm him/her.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #231 on: March 23, 2015, 12:39:43 pm »

Logistics Alert - Inventory Completed

Hmm, Logistics has completed its analysis of the technology cache. Many of the items are unremarkable, or nonfunctional. One of the items is a nearly intact Transhammer. In case you're not aware, "Transhammer" is the unofficial name for the tool which shapes and manipulates Hullmetal and other trans-neutonian materials. Of course this Transhammer is only a handheld version but the basic device is the same, the difference is one of focus and power level. This can be repaired and modified to affect larger objects so as to allow us repair and reshape our own hull's armored shell.

I have instructed Logistics to see to repairing and upgrading the Transhammer immediately. Because part of the device exists outside this space/time, it will be a slow process as Logistics will need to handle the delicate adjustments with extreme care. I have slowed Hull 101 to a more appropriate speed and Logistics is constructing a maintenance environment suitable for working with trans-newtonian materials.

Sorting through the rest of the cache, I believe we can bring some our smaller tactical weaponry online. Alternatively we could repurpose the material for other repairs.

Using these materials I could bring Combat/Tactical systems online to include:

7x 20cm kinetic accelerators
4x 40cm mortars
1x 120cm howitzer

Alternatively I may be able to use these materials to reactivate the C-D engines and re-enable primary propulsion methods. Although we do not currently have the energy budget to operate the C-D engines for more than a few microseconds, Logistics has proposed that we scrap the current build for the Soliton Furnace and scale the design up using the captured materials and Hullmetal reinforcement. Doing so we could achieve short bursts of high mobility movement. Possibly even sub-orbital//orbital maneuvering, if the device operates to spec. This is an untested technology application but EWAR endorsed the idea.

Well, to be accurate she said "Hell yes captain, let's get this bitch in orbit" which I took to be an affirmative answer.

I feel compelled to remind you that we have no weaponry effective against the fleet tonnage we detected in orbit. We do not yet have eyes on that fleet so do not know the exact makeup of the ships but our APDS is not effective in zero atmosphere as it relies on ionization channels through the air to guide the bolt.

Should I concentrate on weaponry or try to get our C-D engines running and possible orbital capability?

>_

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 23, 2015, 12:51:06 pm »

Do we have any weapons that will be effective in space? If not focus on weapon upgrades.

Can we get a status update on our pilot?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 23, 2015, 12:57:38 pm »

Do we have any weapons that will be effective in space? If not focus on weapon upgrades.

We only have the APDS. which is not effective in space.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 23, 2015, 12:59:04 pm »

Then make something that works in space fighting (and on the ground to as a back up) then worry about space flight.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 23, 2015, 01:03:14 pm »

No, lets focus on mobility first.
No point in getting orbital weapons if we can't fire them. Let's just set "space functional weapons" as a secondary goal, pending orbital launch capacity.

Besides, again, we don't know that those in orbit are our enemies. Only the rebels on this planet have been determined by CCC to be hostiles so far.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #236 on: March 23, 2015, 01:05:37 pm »

In response to status requests on Pilot and captured crew:

The crew are safely confined to the detention cells constructed earlier. Pilot is still undergoing medical monitoring and regeneration. Its vital systems were severely degraded but neural function is strong. Pilot could be awakened now but Medical suggests that it be allowed to rest for another 3 hours before attempting.

One of the captured crew was subdued by force and is undergoing medical therapy. He has no implanted systems to assist Medical with this therapy so diagnosis and treatment are crude at best. I believe... yes he is currently in surgery. One of his ribs was broken and driven through his left lung when the drone subdued him.

The other is being kept unconscious at this time. Would you like me to wake her?

>_

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 23, 2015, 01:05:53 pm »

No, lets focus on mobility first.
No point in getting orbital weapons if we can't fire them. Let's just set "space functional weapons" as a secondary goal, pending orbital launch capacity.

Besides, again, we don't know that those in orbit are our enemies. Only the rebels on this planet have been determined by CCC to be hostiles so far.

Good point, we do this.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 23, 2015, 01:29:11 pm »

Don't we have those strategic missiles as well?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 23, 2015, 02:06:44 pm »

We have one missile, if I recall. I vote for the weapons. Orbital capacity is no use if we'd get roflstomped as soon as we broke atmo.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44