Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44

Author Topic: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101  (Read 48776 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Hull 101
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2015, 12:38:13 pm »

This unit thinks it is good idea to listen what primitives are talking about us. If we can break into their communication network then we can leech off some historical data. Or some other data, like updated world maps.
Is there any satellites left by any change?

I also must concur with tapping into communication networks, if we are lucky we might even be able to learn at least some of there language.
I think EWAR already did while we weren't looking. <_<

Anyway, let's make a primitive drone out of ITL-5 materials in that military base. It will be like a crafts project. Can we?

Oh right, EWAR you are fast! Even with low power....well...maybe I'm just slowr anyways.

But let's build that drone.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2015, 12:51:14 pm »

When I used word "enemies" I did not mean locals.
Their weapons are harmless to us, short of nuking us in an atempt to create a crater all the way to mantle and traping us forever in liquid magma they can do nothing.
Our disabling was no accident.
This planet was fired upon with H.E.L.L orbital bombardment, meaning, either intentional atempt to destroy sentient life or attack on dangerous target.
Sentient life still exists, couldnt evolve from dust in mere hundredth centuries.
We were at bunker, what could be dangerous enough so that we would not be enough and yet capable of infiltration?

We suspect traitors of dynasty.

Investigate status of H.E.L.L sat with caution.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2015, 01:08:38 pm »

Good point.... If there is sentient life here then that means we aren't talking planet wide genocide.

And if we were attacking a dangerous target why was the bunker shot?

There may be a traitor, it's possible the enemy managed to breach the bunker and it was eliminated to keep the tech from entering enemy hands...but still...

Now we Really need to recover that corrupted data, even if it is just battle damage that could be helpful.

Also I agree with investigate the cannons status.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2015, 02:28:31 pm »

Subsentient process 8008 reporting, D.E.L.I.O.T.H.

Investigate possibility of making 'us'  affiliated with female of male gender. Also the effects and how much it would piss CCC off if we flirted with it.

On a slightly more serious note, realize that we should repair what we can. Look into repairs for our 48% degraded screens.

And call all systems from primary to tertiary for status reports.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2015, 02:41:28 pm »

Investigate possibility of making 'us'  affiliated with female of male gender. Also the effects and how much it would piss CCC off if we flirted with it.

On a slightly more serious note, realize that we should repair what we can. Look into repairs for our 48% degraded screens.

Better idea. Let each subsistent subprosses have there own gender, not that it matters much but why not?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2015, 03:21:31 pm »

Because it would be meaningless. We're code, ntot some squishy meat sack.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2015, 04:31:40 pm »

((ptw))
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2015, 04:59:12 pm »

that's why I said it did not mater much.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2015, 05:05:38 pm »

Let each subsistent subprosses have there own gender, not that it matters much but why not?
Because it would be meaningles
Too late. Subprocess A1-s must be refered to with the pronoun xey (xeir, xem and so on.) I'm updating the config as we speak.

There is a distinct lack of materials (processed ones) part of our current quest is fining a processing device or at least a materiel cache.
We're on backup power- calling up unnecessry systems is unpleasant, because then we have to share the limited supply.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2015, 05:13:45 pm »

Let's not get to caught up in the sillyness please. It's a suggestion game, not freeform RP.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2015, 05:29:24 pm »

Right. So my actual suggestion is that we find us some local materials and mechanisms in the military base we found eralier, make control systems with our ITL8 tech and the actual heavy-lifting machinery out of of the stuff we find, thus making sure that we :
a) have an affordance of more than 1 drone
b) don't have to cannibalize essential systems to do it.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2015, 01:12:30 am »

> Hmm, is there like a manual of what situations we *can* report to CCC that will be at least seriously considered without needing external confirmation?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

thedrelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2015, 12:03:29 pm »

What are our chances of finding any sort of automated repair system at the nearest base to perform repairs to the reactor and armor, along with other damaged equipment?

it's been a little while, what is our current status?

also, 2 questions:

1: why is the EWAR module, essentially described as a electronics warfare suite with a synthetic consciousness running the hull now? I would have thought that cognOS would have taken over to operate hull 101 once it was determined that it needs to move.

and 2: why has it gone fruity?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:12:54 pm by thedrelle »
*scribble scribble*

Yes?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2015, 12:19:43 pm »

I think EWAR already did while we weren't looking. <_<

Anyway, let's make a primitive drone out of ITL-5 materials in that military base. It will be like a crafts project. Can we?
Heh, yeah I'm fast. Sorry about that. We're all still pretty sluggish though with the low power state, and most of the secondary power is going to propulsion right now.

And yeah, I guess we could make an ITL-5 drone. It will be an idiot... like really dumb. I'll start mocking up a design. You guys know we're not there yet right? It's like really far away and.. oh wait we're almost there. I forgot how slow our clock speed is right now. Okay. I'll work on the design. A "crafts project"... -snicker-

Our disabling was no accident.
This planet was fired upon with H.E.L.L orbital bombardment, meaning, either intentional atempt to destroy sentient life or attack on dangerous target.
Sentient life still exists, couldnt evolve from dust in mere hundredth centuries.
We were at bunker, what could be dangerous enough so that we would not be enough and yet capable of infiltration?

We suspect traitors of dynasty.

Investigate status of H.E.L.L sat with caution.

Woah hey guy. What? Traitors?

I mean yeah it could be possible, but that's pretty serious and we have literally no evidence. Not much evidence. I don't know. Politics bore me. Yeah could have been traitors. Who cares? They're long dead. Humans are hilarious with their <1000 year lifespans. Hah!

And yeah we have a part of us looking for orbital sources and signals matching H.E.L.L. telemetry/control sources.

For what it's worth, there could be many reasons for the bombardment. Could have been legitimate, in the case of a rebellion or something, or it could have been nefarious and triggered by an infiltration/takeover of Dynasty systems.

Er, ok. Weird. I'll be a girl if that makes you feel better. Virtual boobs engaged!

Yep nothing changed. I doubt CCC would care. If its not shooting at us and not keeping us from reaching our goal, CCC doesn't give a fuck.

Tertiary systems are... uh... well there are a lot of them. Its all the little stuff, like the waldo fabrication and... you guys. All of the individual systems. I'm not listing them. Its a lot. They're all online or bypassed and functions restored, so there's no real purpose behind listing them.

By the way, fixing the screens is pointless while we're in atmosphere. Engaging defense screens in full atmosphere would result in a power level 12 detonation centered on Hull 101 and we would not survive with our hull breached... maybe not even with an intact armor shell. We also don't have the power required to engage the screens, even at low level. It's a fantastic middle finger to the enemy and often used as a last resort self-destruct weapon but... its mostly for defense in suborbital/exoatmospheric combat.

The other systems status hasn't changed much and looking at status screens bores me. We're doing okay. We'll make it to the anchorage in due time and we can scavenge a bit once there.

Let's not get to caught up in the sillyness please. It's a suggestion game, not freeform RP.
I'm not too worried about it, so long as you guys are enjoying it. I mean you're just chiphead suggestion subunits. Play whatever games you want among yourselves and I'll keep doing the work stuff. You can pretend to be disgusting biological genders if you want.

> Hmm, is there like a manual of what situations we *can* report to CCC that will be at least seriously considered without needing external confirmation?
Er... well... I mean CCC is very simple. It's the command center. It tells us what to do, we try to do the things. Without an HQ level override we're kind of fucked. CCC is very stubborn.

Hey if we find an HQ command key though we could shut CCC down or just demote its permissions level. There were... uh... I think 12 such keys in existence in the entire dynasty.

What are our chances of finding any sort of automated repair system at the nearest base to perform repairs to the reactor and armor, along with other damaged equipment?

it's been a little while, what is our current status?

also, 2 questions:

1: why is the EWAR module, essentially described as a electronics warfare suite with a synthetic consciousness running the hull now? I would have thought that cognOS would have taken over to operate hull 101 once it was determined that it needs to move.

and 2: why has it gone fruity?

How should I know what the chances are? Its been 10,000 years, I don't exactly have current deployment maps!

For your questions:

1. Because you guys told CognOS to activate me, and because CognOS is boring, and because we don't have enough power to run two cognition-level processes in any kind of usable clock speed.
2. Who the hell are you calling fruity you little chiphead?! <3

Oh hey we're at the anchorage.

External cameras pop up showing a distant structure, some kind of naval base it looks like. There are large metal gantries and loading cranes in action, currently unloading containers from a ship of some sort. There is a large concrete structure and a perimeter wall. Along the wall are watchtowers with weapons emplacements. They appear to be on alert... not like you were especially stealthy or took any pains to hide where you were going. They probably know you're in the area, if not your exact location. You're a bit conspicuous.

>_

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2015, 12:30:16 pm »

Put CCC on for a tactical analysis, focusing on leaving as much salvageable materials as possible.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44