Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44

Author Topic: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101  (Read 48526 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101
« Reply #585 on: May 02, 2015, 01:53:11 pm »

......null has a point.

use my assimilation drone idea.

build them, send them to base. alter base, remove doors by alteration. take over systems. kill the hostiles (after giving them one last chance)
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 02, 2015, 01:58:32 pm »

Asymmetrical warfare advisor Nullius online in full cognition mode:

Assertion: Our intent is the conversion of Iagh into a fully functional capital world for the empress
Assertion: While the local forces represent no meaningful threat to Sicily they can and eventually will resort to attacks on the civilian populace that agrees to join the dynasty, this would be in direct opposition to our intent

Recommendation: retribution must be swift and effective, target local military infrastructure and neutralize with rapid drone insertion for minimal casualties and maximum impact

>Correction: Our intent and objective is to convert this planet into farmland focused on producing and exporting food.
>Your recommendation is recommended.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Crisco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 02, 2015, 02:07:55 pm »

No evidence has been presented that this planet is intended for anything other than agricultural production. Iagh is a galactic backwater. Founding a dynasty here would be similar to moving the capital of the US to Hawaii. Yes, it would work ,but it doesn't make much sense no matter how nice the scenery, because it takes forever to get anywhere else.

Additionally:
1. The world government has fragmented into factions, and our primary objective should be to protect friendly/ambivalent factions, while disarming hostile ones. Military capability is not a necessary part of Iagh's intended purpose, so we should focus on dismantling the military-economic abilities of all hostile factions. We don't even need to kill anyone, just break all their weapons since they literally can't damage Hull101. Eventually, people will pick up on the fact they only get to keep their toys if they play nice with us.
2. We can use Sicily to produce an endless amount of tech that by our standards is weak, but can handle anything Iagh throws at us. Let's construct a group of peace keeping units to defend any factions that submit to Dynasty rule from their more zealous revolutionary brethren. Doesn't cost us much, but gives major brownie points with the locals.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 02, 2015, 03:11:15 pm »

19 years sounds like a good amount of time to get basic planetary logistics rolling tho', I mean, the planet is barely at information age, so why not push for total conversion, the inhabitants will be moderately uncomfortable for a generation, then *BAM* capital world ready to go.  Unless the timeframe is not acceptable to the Empress.

Quote from: NullForceOmega on April 30, 2015, 01:24:23 pm

19 years sounds like a good amount of time to get basic planetary logistics rolling tho', I mean, the planet is barely at information age, so why not push for total conversion, the inhabitants will be moderately uncomfortable for a generation, then *BAM* capital world ready to go.  Unless the timeframe is not acceptable to the Empress.

I have queried Chell.

She is reviewing the plan. EWAR created a quick briefing and demonstration.

Chell's response is "hah u guys r crazy. do it!"

Interesting. EWAR is very excited, and has said "Hell yes, let's light this candle!"

We should inform the populace. They may experience some seismic disturbances during the relocation of the planet.

Re-emphasized for comprehension.  (Sorry I broke the hell out of the quotes tho'.)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 03:38:22 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Crisco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 02, 2015, 05:27:58 pm »

Huh, I missed that. In that case, population loyalty is significantly more important, and we should be especially careful not to aggravate the people unnecessarily.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 02, 2015, 05:29:45 pm »

Remember all Citizens are tagged and tracked.
We don't have to worry about loyalty among non-citizens because soon they'll be dead.

It's hard to do a terrorist act when you are immediaetly ferreted out and it had no measurable effect.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 02, 2015, 07:02:35 pm »

Why not find the leaders of resistance and imprison/neutralize/silence/"convince" them?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 02, 2015, 07:07:56 pm »

Chell doesn't like forcible conversion, she doesn't want brainwashed morons, she wants citizens who respect the Dynasty and adhere to its values.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 02, 2015, 07:15:31 pm »

"You may need to kill a few to make a point, whatever is necessary."

The "convince" was just an option. Neutralizing works too.
Really, it's just a good way to make a point without causing too much destruction.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 02, 2015, 07:25:58 pm »

"Let me be clear though. I do not want the people on the planet harmed, altered, or controlled. I mean that in a societal sense. You may need to kill a few to make a point, whatever is necessary."

I think I misunderstood your previous' comments intent however, sorry.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 02, 2015, 08:45:19 pm »

Wait. ONE person suggested making it a capital world, and with no discussion or alternative suggestions, we're f@$#ing relocating the f@#$ing planet? I hope that is a joke. I really do.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 02, 2015, 09:00:32 pm »

One person has suggested many of the things that have been explored, it appears that Forsaken is not running this game on total consensus, and is instead using a more flexible paradigm.

Edit: On review the paradigm shift appears almost as soon as EWar boots up for the first time, and has continued to be the M.O. ever since.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:06:43 pm by NullForceOmega »

Crisco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 02, 2015, 10:44:47 pm »

Wait. ONE person suggested making it a capital world, and with no discussion or alternative suggestions, we're f@$#ing relocating the f@#$ing planet? I hope that is a joke. I really do.

Yeah, I feel like an action that takes 12 years should require a little more consensus before we commit everything we've got. We blow any element of surprise we have on the FWA and everyone else if we're sitting in place for over a decade. Still, too late to change things now, so...

On the other hand, maybe this means they'll have brought some stuff worth fighting by the time we're done with moving the planet. A little more challenge wouldn't be so bad. :)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 03, 2015, 01:38:41 am »

>I feel Chell was referring to the planet relocation rather that the Capital, and Assymetrical Warfare Advisor Nullius is just reading too much into her responce to push his pet project.

> Until we have explicit recommendation from Chell, I propose we assume this is not the be the Capital.

> Assymetrical Advisor Core Nullius seems to be more interested in pushing his opinion than in providing help for the collective. I propose we disconnect and/or otherwise unplug it until we have more confirmation by Chell.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 03, 2015, 01:46:26 am »

(I am not pushing my suggestion, I am only posting a response based on available information, Forsaken will clear up any misunderstanding when he next posts.  The fact still stands that Forsaken has on multiple occasions acted upon a single suggestion without any discussion, and in a few even overridden downvotes to an idea.)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 01:48:22 am by NullForceOmega »

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44