Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44

Author Topic: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101  (Read 48686 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Hull 101
« Reply #195 on: March 19, 2015, 03:03:41 pm »

I would say capturing crew is entirely optional goal.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 19, 2015, 03:31:38 pm »

My suggestion (torpedoing and sinking the vessel) would lead them to believe that the ship was lost. In such a situation, it's not unlikely for some cargo, or some people to disappear without trace. The enemy knows nothing more than that we sunk the ship.

For added distraction, we can simply sink a few more ships on our way North.
+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 19, 2015, 03:38:51 pm »

The plasma method explained earlier would be quicker, with less risk of damaging the technology we're after.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 19, 2015, 03:43:15 pm »

The GM decided to build torpedo drones, so I assumed the plasma way wouldn't work.

thedrelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 19, 2015, 03:43:55 pm »

We can preserve the ship and retreive the cache. I agree that confusing intel should be a priority

The hull is lighter than water, so configuration to neutral buoyancy is possible.

My suggestion is to surface, deploy multiple drones, subdue the crew, take the cache and the 4 selected humans(captain is prime target), and the submerse before retaliation can occur.

By bringing the hull, we can also use the fab system to sythesize a mild inhibitor that could render the crew unconscious before they know whats happening

Logistics can handle jamming, and cognos can handle the acquisition
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 03:47:30 pm by thedrelle »
*scribble scribble*

Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2015, 03:56:54 pm »

Why would we even want to do that though?

It renders us vulnerable, makes it very clear what we're after, and will like cost significant effort. I see no benefit to this scenario over any of the other scenario's.

thedrelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2015, 04:22:10 pm »

As opposed to punching a hole in the hull of a ship, waiting for it to sink (which could take hours) cutting our way in to retrieve a cache we dont even know would survive the event?

I feel a more direct approach would keep the operation firmly in our control.
*scribble scribble*

Yes?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 19, 2015, 04:34:25 pm »

Why not torpedo it. Send drones into the ship via the hole. And Theeeen disable the crew and acquire the cache without surfacing?

Once we have errything we can have the drones harvest the ship for materials.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 19, 2015, 05:24:56 pm »

We have multiple torpedoes. This is a light cargoship. I don't think sinking will take excessively long.

If we do go for a direct approach, we should go for a zero witness approach.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 19, 2015, 06:17:16 pm »

Surface, melt the bridge to throw them into disarray and disable communications, then shoot the ends of the ship. Minimal risk to cargo, quick, effective. Any sailors get to lifeboats (something they'd be more concerned about than radioing for help) we sink (or melt) them, too, or capture them for study.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 19, 2015, 06:24:22 pm »

Regardless of what plan we follow, we should first jam communications with EWar.

My suggestion following that is to send a squad of ITL5/6 amphibious anti-infantry drones onto the ship with the orders to neutralize all crew members and find the cache. Once the crew is dealt with (either by being tazed or shot in the face), we can then recover the cache without risk of water damage, withdraw from the ship, then torpedo it repeatedly.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 19, 2015, 06:43:22 pm »

Regardless of what plan we follow, we should first jam communications with EWar.

My suggestion following that is to send a squad of ITL5/6 amphibious anti-infantry drones onto the ship with the orders to neutralize all crew members and find the cache. Once the crew is dealt with (either by being tazed or shot in the face), we can then recover the cache without risk of water damage, withdraw from the ship, then torpedo it repeatedly.
I agree with this plan.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 19, 2015, 07:06:35 pm »

I agree with this plan.
+1
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2015, 04:49:54 am »

What about we just PULL it under, with a cable and a grabber? One second it's there, the next it's gone. No damage to anything except that caused by the water pouring in.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2015, 05:27:47 am »

The force required to pull a small-medium sized cargo ship underwater is much larger than it's failure strength. The vessel would simply desintegrate.

If we want to pull it underwater, the plasma heating method(or simply dumping a whole lot of gas) would be best.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44