Advanced search  

Poll

Place your bets:

Fath the Jack-of-all-Trades!! (2 win)
Urist the Luchador!! (1 win)
Khoor the Rhino!!
Kogan the Coward!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Arena Deathmatch!!!! Match 3 (signups always welcome)  (Read 15550 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Arena Deathmatch!!!! Match 2 (signups always welcome)
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2015, 08:57:51 pm »

I am surprised by the result of fight 1
I thought legendary dodger would just be an auto win, I guess there is more depth to combat than I thought
Everybody was practically legendary in their weapon skills. That means that it is really hard to dodge. There were a few successful dodges in the final Rith vs. Fath duel.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2015, 09:02:26 pm »

sorry I ninja edited as you replied, let me restate that:
archer does not affect crossbows. Archer is for bows while crossbowman is for crossbow. Would you like to change your built?
I thought archer was the equivalent of fighter, but for ranged weapons (i.e. it affects all ranged weapons)
bowdwarf/bowman skill is what applies for bows
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Dolwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2015, 09:08:23 pm »

Both of you waitlisted. This is a first come-first serve basis.

What I meant was that new players should be able to get a match before me, I wasnt asking for priority.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:15:44 pm by Dolwin »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2015, 09:09:33 pm »

sorry I ninja edited as you replied, let me restate that:
archer does not affect crossbows. Archer is for bows while crossbowman is for crossbow. Would you like to change your built?
I thought archer was the equivalent of fighter, but for ranged weapons (i.e. it affects all ranged weapons)
bowdwarf/bowman skill is what applies for bows
Just checked the wiki and I was mistaken. You are correct. I'll put your character to fight next battle.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2015, 09:48:19 am »

Apparently, the odds do not favor Lonthirin the female Jaeger, But she will prove all of you that she can win this, and be The Champion!

May the gods be with you Lonthirin
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2015, 02:01:32 pm »

I know, right? I was surprised that so many people think that Urist the Luchador is going to win. He doesn't even have any weapons.

(That reminds me, before I start the fight I'm gonna have to set his combat preferences to wrestling because I assume he would rather do that than punching)

*GM note* I am going to go on spring break vacation starting tomorrow, so the third fight won't start till I get back, Tuesday/Wednesday. I'll still put the Pregame Breakdown up so people can bet on the winner.

Rhodri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2015, 02:18:10 pm »

I was surprised that so many people think that Urist the Luchador is going to win. He doesn't even have any weapons.
I am my weapon! >:D

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2015, 05:57:57 pm »

I was surprised that so many people think that Urist the Luchador is going to win. He doesn't even have any weapons.
I am my weapon! >:D

I'll smash your weapon with my battle Hammer then.    :D
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2015, 06:31:34 pm »

I don't want to be picky but on the waitlist you didn't list my bronze war ax.....
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2015, 07:21:39 pm »

Fight Number Two: Results

"Welcome again to the second Arena Deathmatch!! It is time to start the competition!! Our four competitors for today are warmed up and ready to try their luck at the arena. In the top corner, we have: Lonthirin the Jaeger!! In the right corner, give it up for: Auguster the Knight!! Down at the bottom, give a cheer for: Bomrek the Gladiator!! And last, but not least, in the right corner: Urist the Luchador!! Let's hear it for these contestants!! Before the fight starts, let us survey the arena."
Spoiler: before (click to show/hide)
"And without further ado, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!"

"Alright. this time, Lonthorin starts running towards Urist, but she is cut of by Auguster and barely has time to parry his sword strike. Urist and Bomrek are coming to join this duel. But the focus is on Lonthorin and Auguster as they now masterfully dodge, block, and parry the strikes against each other."

"First blood! Lonthorin and Auguster temporarily disengage and Auguster does a quick stab at Urist. It seems to be a light wound because Urist can still stand on that leg. Urist attempts a grapple, but Auguster dodges. Bomrek is now charging towards Lonthorin so a secondary duel will most likely begin soon."

"Instead of facing Bomrek, Lonthorin decides to reengage Auguster, but Auguster's skill in his shield pays off as she quickly blocks his attack. Unfortunately, that distracts her and allows Urist to grap his leg."

"Auguster returns a strike at Lonthorin, but he jumps out of the way. Urist, however, now looks to have locked Auguster's hip in a rather painful way. The fight has migrated into the top corner now, and Bomrek is still running to join the fray."

"Owch! That bone-breaking sound made everybody cringe. Urist has just broken Auguster's leg and Auguster collapsed and isn't moving. He didn't even give a reaction when Lonthorin smashed his arm."

"Uris is now Punching Auguster and Lonthorin is smashing him with her hammer. Together they are pummeling Auguster into an unrecognizable heap. But, Bomrek has finally joined the fray, but his attack was deftly parried by Lonthorin."

"Lonthorin disengages from Auguster and begins a duel with Bomrek. Urist, on the other hand, decides to stop punching, and starts chocking Auguster. Lonthorin swings her hammer and Bomrek is only just able to dodge. Lonthorin uses this opportunity to smash Auguster once more."

"With Bomrek back, Lonthorin switches her attention to this skilled swordsman. Urist, however, decides that Auguster is dead because he releases his choke hold and charges Lonthorin."

"Bomrek is forced to doege another dangerous swing from Lonthorin. While Urist decides to... bite Lonthorin's toe? I know I'm not an expert, but I am pretty sure that there are much better parts to bite"

"eeeewwww! Urist just ripped off Lonthorins toe! Lonthorin doesn't seem to care, as she continues swinging at Bomrek. Urist then spits out the toe at the duo with such speed that Lonthorin and Bomrek scramble away from eachother to dodge it. Lonthorin uses this opportunity to strike at Urist, but he dodges easily."

"Lonthorin faces Bomrek again as the two of them duel again. It is almost mesmerizing watching them dance across the...oops. Urist has grabben Lonthorin from behind and placed his arm around her throat. Lonthorin doesn't have time to notice as she barely deflected Bomrek's lunge."

"Instead of chocking Lonthorin, Urist decides to throw her... At Bomrek! The two of them collide, but Lonthorin recieved the most damage. Lonthorin, now stunned and winded, had no chance to deflect the sword strike that just slashed her hammer-arm off. Neither did she have a chance to deflect the sword as it stabbed her in the stomach. Lonthorin started to run away, wincing in pain each time she stepped on her left foot."

"Finally shaking off her dizzyness, Lonthorin blocks the attack aimed for her head, but she would get no respite from Bomrek as he quickly followed up with a slash at her leg. Luckily, Urist Strangled Bomrek and the unconscious figure crashed to the ground."

"Seeing her aggressor on the ground, Lonthorin limped back to the fight and started bashing Bomrek with her shield. The two surviving gladiators now stood and faced each other. Lonthorin bleeding from every pore, and Urist, reletively unscathed apart from the cut in his leg."

"Lonthorin, clearly on the defensive got beat up as Urist threw her, punched her, and kicked her. She managed to score a few hits with her shield, but not nearly as many as Urist inflicted on her. She is only just managing to squirm out of many choke holds, but her loss of blood will certainly end this before long."

"And with that, the battle ends. Instead of choking Lnonthorin to death, Urist decided to make her last moments as miserable as possible. He punched out all of her teeth, smashed all of her organs, the watched as she suffocated to death."

Urist the Luchador is the winner
You may spend 200 points to upgrade Urist, or you may rebuild him from scratch with 700 points. All players who lost may create new characters if they wish.

*GM Note* I will be gone from thursday to late tuesday, so the next battle will most likely take place on wednesday. I will post fight three's pregame breakdown so people can start voting soon.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2015, 07:24:18 pm »

I don't want to be picky but on the waitlist you didn't list my bronze war ax.....
Fixed. Thanks for noticing. Although... As you have just seen, you don't actualy need a weapon.

Rhodri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2015, 07:42:24 pm »

"And with that, the battle ends. Instead of choking Lnonthorin to death, Urist decided to make her last moments as miserable as possible. He punched out all of her teeth, smashed all of her organs, the watched as she suffocated to death."
So sociopathic and sadistic... I'm so proud of him! :D

I'll rebuild Urist the Luchrador with this:

Items:
Bronze Helm (60)

Bronze Mail Shirt (100) (Judging by point cost, these are better than breastplates somehow, right? I don't know, hence why I named my arena dwarf Urist McNoobington.)

Skills:
Legendary Wrestler (180)

Legendary Dodger (180)

Legendary Armor User (180)

Rebuild Point Cost: 700

Points left: 0
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:45:44 pm by Rhodri »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2015, 07:47:28 pm »

Bronze Mail Shirt (100) (Judging by point cost, these are better than breastplates somehow, right? I don't know, hence why I named my arena dwarf Urist McNoobington.)

Mail shirt covers upper arms as well as the upper/lower body. Breastplate offers slightly better protection, but only covers the upper/lower body.

Rhodri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2015, 08:03:47 pm »

Mail shirt covers upper arms as well as the upper/lower body. Breastplate offers slightly better protection, but only covers the upper/lower body.
Ah, I see. And judging by this:
...Auguster does a quick stab at Urist. It seems to be a light wound because Urist can still stand on that leg. AND THEN URIST YELLED "IT'S ONLY A FLESH WOUND" and continued to fight valiantly. Okay, I may have edited the quote a bit. :P -Rhodri
I will keep the mail shirt, as it may not be as light a wound next time.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2015, 08:09:24 pm »

Okay, you are waitlisted. (mail shirt only protects upper legs. If you want full leg protection, you will need greaves or chain leggings.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6