Advanced search  

Poll

Place your bets:

Fath the Jack-of-all-Trades!! (2 win)
Urist the Luchador!! (1 win)
Khoor the Rhino!!
Kogan the Coward!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Arena Deathmatch!!!! Match 3 (signups always welcome)  (Read 15560 times)

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
  • Armoks Sword in the Night
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Arena Deathmatch!!!! (Signups 3/4)
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 03:48:41 pm »

bronze war ax-85
copper shield-54
master axedwarf-126
professional dodger-81
bronze helm-60
bronze breastplate-75
adequate shield user-11
novice armor user-5

Name:Thanatos

From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 04:28:10 pm »

You are in. 3 points left over. We are just waiting for salmeuk to fix his load out.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 04:33:08 pm »

Alright, I suppose you have that right to sanity, as odd as it may be.

Name:

Fath Goldsails, female dwarf

Equipment:

1 Bronze Spear

(90)

1 wooden shield

(not listed but surely not more than 32 points? If I can't have this I'll just drop out lol)

Skills:

Master Speardwarf
Master Dodger
Master Fighter

(378)

Augster999

• Bay Watcher
  • You have discovered an eerie post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 04:34:26 pm »

I would like to play, but I suppose that I will have to wait until round two first. Until then, could I make a fighter now, and then wait?

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Arena Deathmatch!!!! (First match full, wait list open)
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 04:57:05 pm »

(Hope I can join... )

Name: Lonthirin

Bronze War Hammer (45)
Bronze Shield (135)
Copper Helm (24)
Copper Gautlets (22)

Skilled Shield User (161)
Talented Dodger (45)
Expert Hammerman (68)
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

Elagn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2015, 05:00:41 pm »

Im glad im in, though sorry I cant be an elf. But 3 questions: How are you getting the skills to legendary in the arena?  I only have options up to Grand Master. Also, what conflict level is this going to be at? I assume you dont want everyone killing each other totaly, but still with weapons drawn. 3rd, will newly gained skills transfer between fights? Ex, as no-one is starting with it, will we keep out new stats in "fighting"?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:06:22 pm by Elagn »
"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" Einstein

"Measure what is measurable and make measurable what is not so" Galileo

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 05:17:26 pm »

I would like to play, but I suppose that I will have to wait until round two first. Until then, could I make a fighter now, and then wait?
The waitlist beckons.
Im glad im in, though sorry I cant be an elf. But 3 questions: How are you getting the skills to legendary in the arena?  I only have options up to Grand Master. Also, what conflict level is this going to be at? I assume you dont want everyone killing each other totaly, but still with weapons drawn. 3rd, will newly gained skills transfer between fights? Ex, as no-one is starting with it, will we keep out new stats in "fighting"?
1. A relatively easy mod in the raws
2. This is a fight to the death.
3. If you win, you can completely re-make your character using your victory points, or just slightly modify them. No skill gained during fights will carry over.

(Hope I can join... )

Name: Lonthirin

Bronze War Hammer (45)
Bronze Shield (135)
Copper Helm (24)
Copper Gautlets (22)

Skilled Shield User (161)
Talented Dodger (45)
Expert Hammerman (68)

Waitlisted.

Alright, I suppose you have that right to sanity, as odd as it may be.

Name:

Fath Goldsails, female dwarf

Equipment:

1 Bronze Spear

(90)

1 wooden shield

(not listed but surely not more than 32 points? If I can't have this I'll just drop out lol)

Skills:

Master Speardwarf
Master Dodger
Master Fighter

(378)

You are in. The fight shall commence shortly.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:22:46 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2015, 05:28:02 pm »

I was looking over the rules and i thought about your 5-wins and your retired rule but how about they are only retired temporally? After you get 5-wins and you are retired after 3(or maybe less) dwarves make it to 5-wins a fights is started between the 5-win dwarves.
From the forests of Elves, To the shores of Humans, To the Towers of Goblins, We fight our own battles, On land and on Sea, We fight for glory, We fight for gold, We are proud to call ourselves
A Dwarven Viking

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2015, 05:36:45 pm »

I was looking over the rules and i thought about your 5-wins and your retired rule but how about they are only retired temporally? After you get 5-wins and you are retired after 3(or maybe less) dwarves make it to 5-wins a fights is started between the 5-win dwarves.
I just wanted there to be a goal for the players as well as a way to prevent one person from winning to much. Another idea I had was to make someone with 5 wins become the "champion" and any other player who gets 5 wins after that would have to fight him to become the new champion.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 05:48:40 pm »

Unfortunately, something came up. The fight will have to wait ~3 hours.

Augster999

• Bay Watcher
  • You have discovered an eerie post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 05:50:46 pm »

Well, here is my fighter for the wait list:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 10:34:46 pm by Augster999 »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 09:41:14 pm »

Well, here is my fighter for the wait list:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Waitlisted.

Results coming soon!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 10:28:47 pm »

Character for waitlist:
Name: Bomrek Uristsodel
Skills:

Great Swordsdwarf - 110p  (110)
Master Shield User - 126p   (236)
Adept Dodger - 56p           (292)

Equipment:
Bronze Short Sword 70p     (362)
Copper Shield - 60p          (422)
Bronze Helm - 60p            (482)

18 points left over.

jrrocks1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2015, 11:11:36 pm »

Are results going up tonight or tommorow?

A Dwarven Viking

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2015, 11:26:31 pm »

Fight Number One: Results

"Welcome one and all to the first Arena Deathmatch!! Now that the weather has cleared, it is time to begin this competition once and for all!! Our first four competitors are warmed up and ready to try their luck at the arena. In the top corner, we have: Rith the Acrobat!! In the left corner, give it up for: Fath the Jack-of-all-Trades!! In the bottom corner, we have been graced with: Elagn the Ninja!! And last, but not least, in the right corner: Thantos the Tank!! Let's hear it for these contestants!! Before the fight starts, let us survey the arena."
Spoiler: before (click to show/hide)

"And there's the gong, the battle has begun. Woah! That was quick! It appears that Fath struck first by running up to Rith and stabbing her in the foot! Rith has collapsed and seems to be unconscious due to the pain. Thantos is coming to join the fight and Elagn is right behind him!"

"Fath is not letting off! She just stabbed the prone figure in the chest and her spear appears to be stuck! Unfazed, Fath just Yanked out the spear and impaled Rith twice more in quick succession! Can Fath kill Rith quickly enough? Thantos is closing in with Elagn right behind him!"

"Fath finally succeeds on the 5th impalement as a large amount of blood tells her that her spear has found Rith's heart, and not a moment too soon! Because Thantos just joined the fray and is... helping Fath eviscerate Rith!? The two of them are now alternating blows on the now unrecognizable meat that once was Rith. Somehow, Rith lives on!"

"Oh! That will leave a mark! Elagn surprised Thantos with an attack from behind, cutting Thantos' left leg clean off! Fath is still content at stabbing Rith over, and over again! Thantos tries for a wild swing at his new aggressor, but his attack misses Elagn by a mile!"

"Thantos and Elagn start swinging and deflecting every attack the other attempts, It is actually rather impressive considering Thantos is on the bloody floor.  But what is this? Fath finally seemed convinced that Rith is dead and pulled his spear out of the meat pile before considering his next target."

"Fath chose to prey on the weak Thantos as he stabbed him in the gut. Thantos doesn't stand much of a chance against these two aggressors while he wallows on the floor, but who knows? Stranger things have happened."

"Thantos utters some words: "Death...The horror consumes me!" As he launches a poorly aimed swing at Fath, which is easilly blocked. Elagn uses this chance to cut Thantos' left leg completely off. One more spear in the chest is enough for Thantos to fall into unconsciousness. It seems that those words will be his last."

"While Thantos' bronze helm is enough to keep Elagn's swrds at bay for a bit, it is not enough to protect against Fath's spear, which cleaves Thantos' head asunder. Two contestants are left, each with no injuries."

"Wow! Elagn and Fath show their amazing skill as they strike and Parry many attacks before Elagn makes use of his secon sword and drives it into Fath's left leg. Fath crumples to the ground with little hope of standing again."

"What?! Fath manages to stab Elagn in the left leg as well, almost as if it would be vengeance for Fath's own injured leg, but, as Elagn crumples to the ground, he doesn't move at all! He has lost consciousness! This battle will end soon!"

"And with one last lunge, Fath stabs Elagn in the exposed head, killing him insantly. The winner of the first Arena Deathmatch is Fath the Jack-of-all-Trades!!!! Let us take a look at the battlefield"
Spoiler: aftermath (click to show/hide)

Fath is the winner
You may spend 200 extra points to improve your character, or you may use 700 points and rebuild your character from scratch.

All defeated players may create new dwarves if they wish. Try different strategies perhaps. (I really want to see how an archer would do)

Please give your opinions on the way I presented the battles. In what ways can I improve it?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:28:45 pm by origamiscienceguy »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6