Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Rebellion and Revolution (Restarted)  (Read 4181 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rebellion and Revolution (Restarted)
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2015, 07:32:55 pm »

(( No problem. Given the small size of the army here we probably control the vast majority if not the entire army here. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2015, 07:42:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:52:51 pm by 3man75 »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2015, 08:10:24 pm »

Try to gather some followers, just dumb lack types.

Try to get a job at the mine, we will need explosives.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2015, 12:30:46 am »

-Buy myself a revolver, just for self-defense. Never can be too cautious.
-Start networking with my colleagues and other middle-class members like lawyers, printers, etc. Feel out how they feel about the Viceroy.
-Offer medical service to the poor free of charge, provided they remember the favor and will return it at some later point (This is my attempt at gathering some followers).
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2015, 02:38:50 am »

-Go looking for some of my old buddies. Can never have too much muscle.
-Scout around the armouries, see if any are easy to break into.
-Hang around the bars soldiers frequent, see if anything important slips out.

((Anything anyone needs me to do?))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2015, 07:26:29 am »

Head to the smuggler cave and see if it been disturb by 'law abiding' folks.

Then head to Larton and get a feel of the underworld there.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2015, 10:02:44 am »

Monday, 9th Jul 1893

Harvey Michaelson

Harvey sends out a call to the local officer requesting a meeting of the commanders (5+2) fortunately they where getting ready to host another meeting soon anyway, and so a meeting is arranged the be held for tomorrow. You are also able to arrange for an assembly of your company of Cavalry, 100 VCC.

Spoiler: Local Commanders (click to show/hide)

Walstad

Walsted calls in the reports for his company, 100 VIC, (4) all volunteers, they serve due to a sense of duty to Vastein, their own loyalty resides currently with whoever rules Vastein, though they're far from fanatics, and do have some grumbles towards the Viceroy, but no-more than would be expected from soldiers (6) fortunately some of them seem to be the type that would follow you, if you gave them enough incentive, their loyalties aren't weak, but neither are they particularly strong. Walsted also requests permission from his commander for a task for his soldiers (2) unfortunately it appears that there aren't any activities in the area that would merit sending the VIC over the VCC.

Walsted also attempts to covertly root out any traitors or informants in his ranks, (3+1) unfortunately he doesn't yet have enough information on his own troops to discern this without raising suspicion. He unfortunately also lacks the money to give them all some free booze at present.

Rudfort De Capet

Rudfort attempts to secure his current financial position through his businesses (9+2) and he is able to rake up quite the profit (300 Draks for today) before he heads off to the town hall (3+2) its close but his family name allows him access, Mayor Reynas is a peoples man, and has repeatedly done all he can to resist the Viceroy's ever harsher control methods whilst avoiding his reprisals. Also of note are the local chief editor Ortala is a fierce woman with strong links to Kela, and she is often the one sent to private negotiations with the Mayor over particularly sticky issues, whilst the head enforcer Gerant is a notorious drunkard, having gained his position only due to his family and was sent here to keep him from embarrassing them any further. Rudforts attempts to contact the local crime (8 ) goes well, and he is able to arrange a meeting of his own with the local crime bosses tomorrow, and confirm that this particular town is firmly in Vactar territory.

(You know have a steady income of 1100 Draks a week, with 300 draks at present)

Yuliana

Yuliana scours the slums for fellow revolutionaries (10), which isn't that hard given the current feelings towards the Viceroy in this town, and by the end of the day she has 15 new loyal followers. Attempts to get a job at the local mine (7+2+2) go quite well, the employers easily willing to hire anyone, and you gte in without much suspicion, you now have a small income whilst working the mines.

(25 Draks a week)

Adrian

Adrian quickly heads off to purchase his own revolver, feeling that he might need one in the coming days (3+3) and he's able to get one fortunately for him. He then sets out to find his colleges opinions on the Viceroy (7+2) which is fairly easy and doesn't raise much suspicion from anyone, unfortunately his colleges appear to be the type to buy into those newspaper pamphlets, and are all staunch supporters of the Viceroy.

Adrian then sets himself up in a small quarter of the slums and starts offering his services to any who would want it (9), and these people certainly needed it, by the end of the day he's helped over 100 different people, all gracious for his help and promising to do whatever they can to repay his kindness. This does get some enforcers watching him for much of the day however they leave once he starts packing up for the day, and don't appear to have any suspicions towards him.

(Revolver purchased)

Simon

Simon attempts to find some of his old street friends (6+2+1) and is very successful in that regard, getting seven of his old buddies to his cause. He then scouts out the local armories, (8+1) and is able to do so without drawing attention. However the local armories are all located within sight of an enforcer station or the barracks.

He then (3+2+1) manages to slip into one of the local bars across the street from the barracks, if barely, and due to his size is able to mingle well with the soldiers. (1) However his attempts to extract information  are not well received, and a short brawl later he is thrown out of the bar and told never to come back.

(7 strong followers)

Plowshed

Plowshed sneaks out to her old hideout cave (3+2) and manages to get there without anyone noticing her. Upon arriving she is pleased to see that no-one appears to have disturbed her old hideaway, its as empty as she left it and shows no signs of being used. She then heads off to Larton, arriving there around midnight, there is unfortunately no real underground to speak off since the only sections left sanding of the city are the new, improved barracks and the docks, both under constant militairy protection. (4+2) However she is able see signs and even some evidence of some groups using the ruins as meeting/supply points for their activities, though she is forced to start heading back before she can confirm anything.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 06:16:38 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2015, 10:16:25 am »

Persuade my company that enough is enough, that it's our duty to protect the people not stamp on them.

Speak to Huart and Vinthra persuade them to support me then sound out Daniel and Naldren to see what they think of the Viceroy.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 11:02:18 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2015, 10:25:59 am »

Continue to expand my businesses using legitimate means. Also give 100 Draks to Walstad so he can buy booze for his guys. Tell him its for a "fine job protecting the peace" so that it looks legit.

Speak with the mayor to become his ally. Use the other 200 Draks to do so IF NEEDED in lobbying means!

Tell him that we care about the people and we want to help him keep the people as safe as possible. Express our desire to end up like the town of Larton.

Make the meeting with the crime bosses and see how strong they really are.
download

((Patrick a little early huh?

Also GM what does  8) mean?))

EDIT: ((whoops misread someones post))
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:24:19 pm by 3man75 »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2015, 10:32:44 am »

Returning to Balkarth, I head to Rudfort's Teamsters office and leave a message. There no need for a meeting

Mr Brown

The seaside property you asked about is still for sale

Mrs Plowshed

Should be clear enough for Rudfort, but innocent to the average eye.

Then search Balkarth's underworld
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2015, 10:36:55 am »

((Patrick a little early huh?

Also GM what does  8) mean?))
((That's an 8 in parentheses - it makes that smiley if they put an 8 just before the closing one. Also, I have some strong guys if you need the support. Yeah... so give me some requests for stuff you need done.))

Look for some of the more... affluent people in the town, preferably those who are against us and our ideals. Wait 'til they're alone and rough them up with the boys for their money.

Talk to the boys about getting something 'better' for ourselves. (Try to boost morale/loyalty.)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2015, 10:39:36 am »

(( I was gonna go slow but I wasn't expecting the commanding officer here to share my views, plus the other cavalry officer.
If those 2 agree and the other 2 can be persuaded I'm free to get to work on the soldiers, so I'm banking on the fact that I have a 70% chance of a succesful roll since these are charisma rolls. ))
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:50:01 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2015, 05:58:44 pm »

- Buy booze for my men with the 100 Draks given to me; send my thanks and regards for "showing the fine soldiers of the Viceroy such respect".
- Socialize with men; incorporate booze (alcohol buys loyalty, every dwarf one knows this). Try to gain the loyalty of my men.
- During the socializing and such, try to ascertain who would probably betray me in a rebellion; this should be done discretely during conversation, no sneaking around or anything.
- Go to the meeting tomorrow.

(Note: in the event that swords start flying during the meeting, engage enemy leaders in glorious combat!)

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 06:00:26 pm by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2015, 01:03:01 am »

-Find journeyman doctors or potential apprentices to take under my wing.
-Make connections at Vastein News.
-Keep treating people in the slums.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 01:06:24 am by Beneviento »
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2015, 11:18:22 pm »

Try to get a job using explosives, it's a risky job so it should pay well and be easy to get.
Buy some pistols for my thugs.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5