Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Rebellion and Revolution (Restarted)  (Read 4178 times)

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rebellion and Revolution (Restarted)
« on: March 08, 2015, 11:53:46 am »

Hey there, anyone remember this thread? Well if you do then you will remember that it ended up petering out almost a year ago, after which point I kinda left bay12 altogether for a while. But now I'm back! And so I'm restarting this game, same rules, same world, but slightly different location

The colony of Vastein, had been established by the great Empire of Asmea in 1754, and for many years the colonist profited from exporting raw goods such as foods iron ore and timber to the fatherland, the local governor known as the Viceroy ruling from the mountain city of Kela with complete control over all the running's of the Colony, and with total military control in the region. With the guiding hand of Asmea, the people of the colonies continued to enjoy security, both from external forces, and from overzealous Viceroys. So it had been and so it always would be, but in 1888, that all changed, with no warning or explanation, the colony of Vastein found itself cut off from Asmea.

Initially many felt that it would pass, but after a few months it began to set in, Vastein was alone. Panic began to spread amongst the colonies, however the Viceroy was quick to act, he mobilised the military to crackdown on the local rioters, and established a new rule. Turning Kela into a massive factory/fortress city, Viceroy Attira quickly established total control and order over Vastein, and at first, many were happy. But over the next 4 years the crackdowns got worse, people were arrested on masse, crops were seized and everywhere the Viceroy's rule became stricter and harsher. And now people have had enough, mass riots not in panic, but resistance against the Viceroy, soon armed rebellions were spreading up in the countryside, but little is known about them, the State controlled media presents only more glory from the Viceroy, and the Military and police crack-down on any who would say otherwise. These mounting issues came to a head with the great Larton riot, where the once major port city of Larton broke out in a great riot against the Viceroy, before the responding government crackdown saw nearly the entire city reduced to rubble.

That was over a year ago, since then people have mostly stopped their more open resistance, fear of sharing the fate of Larton has kept most people from any further protests. But beneath all that fear lies a more powerful force, anger, anger at the Viceroy, held back only by a thin layer of fear, and even that is collapsing. Once again the countryside is starting to kick up again, raids against government forces leak out to the public, but so does the reprisals, the burning of towns and the slaughter of the civilians. For now the memory of Larton has kept the people of the cities and towns from rising up, but all that is about to change

You brave few, in the town of Balkarth, lying in between the ruins of Larton and the city of Greva, have decided to restart what Larton began, you'll bring down the regime of the Viceroy, take vengeance for Larton, and liberate the people of Vastein, you will bring about revolution.

Spoiler: Asmea (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vastein (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Forces of the Viceroy (click to show/hide)

Cities
Spoiler: Balkarth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crude Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vastein Crime (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sign up details (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vastein Economy (click to show/hide)

(Set in an industrial age alternate universe, Breach loading rifles and early machine guns, ie Gatling guns, with some slightly steampunk tech)

(In case your wondering how it works for most things I'll be rolling a d10 with one sta adding one to the roll, the results being 1 is a catastrophic failure regardless of modifiers, total of 2-4 being failure, total of 5+ being success, and a roll of 10 is an overwhelming success, again regardless of modifiers. Each turn you an discuss things with each other in character in the main thread, just remember to bold your actions. You can also PM me for secret actions or PM each other for secret interactions)

(Accepting seven people, (possibly more), however I am reserving four spots for Sheb, 3man75, Funk and Patrick Hunt)
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Rebellion and Revolution (Restarted)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 12:22:34 pm »

Lord Rudfort De Capet.
Class: Upper

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stats:
3 Intrigue
2 Administrative
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:45:55 pm by 3man75 »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 12:56:54 pm »

Clair Plowshed
Class: Low

Martial 1
Charisma 2
Intrigue 2
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 03:37:04 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 01:08:44 pm »

Miss Yuliana Filipov  is a 22 year old factory worker, and an advent follower of anarcho-communism.
After years of working for others she's decided that something must be done.

Class: Lower class
Character Stats;
Martial, 2
Charisma, 2
Administrative, 1
Intrigue, for spying, 0
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 01:19:53 pm »

Question: where is Balkarth on the map?

An why is it that these ruff handed peasants seems so strong? XP

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 01:29:20 pm »

Question: where is Balkarth on the map?

An why is it that these ruff handed peasants seems so strong? XP
I know it one of the tan hexes between 2 and 8 on the map.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 01:39:04 pm »

Okay fine. By the way GM can we start some ooc plotting yet?

I'll delete the above if you want GM.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 02:13:30 pm »

I'll get my sheet up soon Deny.

Name: Harvey Michaelson
Class: Middle
Stats.
Martial: 3
Charisma: 2

Bio: Harvey joint the cavalry to protect the people, not to terrorise and kill them, he's finally decided enough is enough and decided it's time to cut the head off the corrupt snake 1 officer at a time.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 02:26:39 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 02:23:02 pm »

Adriaan van Westburg
Middle Class

Stats:
Martial: 0
Charisma: 3
Administrative: 2
Intrigue: 0

Bio:
Adriaan was the second son of a prominent merchant family in Larton. He stood to inherit little of the family wealth, but he did receive an education, which he used to the utmost. He became one of the most renowned doctors in Larton, often tending to citizens beaten by Enforcers or children brought to the brink of starvation by the Viceroy's crop seizure policies. He was in Kortan at the time of the riots, treating a wealthy patient. He returned to find his home and place of work destroyed. He had finally had enough of the Viceroy's oppression, and now that the chance has come to fight back, he is determined to take it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 01:27:08 am by Beneviento »
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 05:24:33 am »

(( Let me know if I'm not allowed to start as a general/with men under my control, and I can revise my bio. ))

Name: Walstad Durant.
Class: Born Low, now Upper.
Stats: Martial 3, Admin 1, Intrigue 1.
Bio: Walstad was born in the mountain city of Kela to a poor family. He never had much in life, and learned that he couldn't rely on anyone but himself. He proved to have a sharp mind and was a capable fighter - growing up on the streets and all. However, he was never really close to his parents, and never really got along with anyone. Thus, he has a cold demeanor, and sees only what he can gain from something, rarely looking at how he can help others. This upbringing has given him a soft spot for those who are unfortunate as he was, though. Anyway, upon his sixteenth birthday, he signed up with the military. He lived in the fortress of Kela, after all; there was always a demand for soldiers. He quickly proved himself on the battlefield, showing his usefulness against the natives who were foolish enough to remain on the continent. Within six years, he'd achieved the rank of officer, and his ascension to command was inevitable. His sharp mind for tactics pierced through many of the tricks that the natives would try to play on his forces, and he effectively wiped out several tribes. He became one of the youngest generals in the colonies at the age of thirty, and the fact that he came from the lower classes was unprecedented. However, his skill and lack of empathy made him many enemies; he was a fighter, not a politician. But the politics of war got to him. By the time the mainland was cut off and the Viceroy took control with a fierce grip, Walstad was one of the highest-ranking generals in Vastein. He was not well-liked, but he was certainly respected. He did whatever was asked of him, killing opposition of the Viceroy and putting down rebellions; he was even there for the destruction of Larton. However, one fateful day, he was ordered to burn down the town of Holmfirth and kill all present, as punishment for defying the will of the Viceroy. He dutifully went there and began to carry out his orders, but something caught his eye...a child, naked and with fists clenched. He stood between his family (dressed as well as he) and one of Walstad's men. Walstad, reminded of his own childhood, took pity on the child and ordered that he be spared from the destruction. Unfortunately, one of his soldiers, an informant for Walstad's greatest rival, leaked the news of Walstad's betrayal. As punishment, Walstad was stripped of his rank and titles and sent to the backwater town of Balkarth to keep him out of the way. But Walstad is ruthless, and he will not stop until those who have wronged him are dead...he still possesses rank and power (though greatly decreased from what he had at his peak), and will realize his vengeance. Make no mistake though, he doesn't care in any way for the suffering of the people, nor does he really aspire for political office. He lives to fight, and will do so until the day he dies.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:34:15 am by DontBanTheMan »
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 05:35:38 am »

Stats: Martial 5.
Five points to spend amongst the following stats with a maximum of three to one stat

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 06:55:12 am »

Dibs a spot! Writing up now.
Spoiler: Sneaking Fighter Guy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:42:07 am by Gamerlord »

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 07:50:59 am »

(( Let me know if I'm not allowed to start as a general/with men under my control, and I can revise my bio. ))

Name: Walstad Durant.
Class: Born Low, now Upper.
Stats: Martial 5.

You can be a commander, but not a general, and you can have soldiers under your command, however they won't be followers yet (you can convert them), and you won't be the main commander in town, otherwise the bio's fine, though you do need to remember, max of 3 to any one stat. Anyway that seems to be enough for now, I'll start writing up the first turn.
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 08:09:14 am »

You brave revolutionaries have met up in the local bar (truly the only proper place from which to start a rebellion). There is tension in the air as so many people of differing motives and backgrounds meet for the first time, however there is also a sense of joy and determination, it is from here that you will bring about the downfall of the Viceroy, you only wish the bar had a better name than "the Drunken Miner." You must for now decide upon your plans, Balkarth is a small town, based primarily on fishing from the nearby lake, and a dying mine to the east, as the town lacks much in the way of wealth, most of it's citizens are poorer workers, with little large business to speak of. The local garrison is small, but the town is only a days march from the much larger garrison's in Greva and the ruins of Larton.

(Introductory planning phase people, how well you will stick to the plan is debatable, but there must be a plan nevertheless, and this should also be a good point from which to get to know the other characters and introduce your character, the first turn will begin after this)

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 09:54:50 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 08:16:34 am »

(Who got in?)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5