Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 827542 times)

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5970 on: January 19, 2019, 07:28:29 pm »

Of course, another hamfisted nerf to something in the name of "realism" that doesn't even bother to be realistic. I'm shocked, positively shocked.

And yeah, that sounds like they're thinking of soup in the sense of "a can of condensed soup with twice as much water as it's meant to have" rather than the reality of home-made soups which is usually either a thick, rich broth with chunks of stuff or a mostly-solid melange of stuff with a layer of watery broth that mostly exists to allow it to slow-cook without burning and act as a substrate for nutrients that might have otherwise been cooked out.
This specific nerf was probably because of the 3l glass jar version of the recipe, which used to put so much soup into a single container that there was no way that a player without a boosted metabolism could finish it before some of it went bad.

Edit: Actually, no. This is most likely completely unrelated to that recipe at all and was solely a realism thing. Or a clumsy attempt at it.

Edit2: Seems like a recipe rebalance to accompany the nutrition one has been in the works for about a week. It should have been part of the nutrition rebalance that was done three weeks ago in the first place, but at least most of the nutrient values between the ingredients and the final product should actually add up properly whenever that gets merged.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 07:50:42 pm by duckman »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: January 19, 2019, 09:54:03 pm »

Gosh, I love it when people make sweeping changes piecemeal. Like the nanofabricator, which in the version Im still mucking about in appears not to exist yet but the plans(and fodder) for it do. Or, for that matter, railways.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: January 20, 2019, 02:37:03 pm »

The nanofabricator is in game, it's a lab finale

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: January 20, 2019, 09:19:53 pm »

Like I said, I got a version where the thing itself isint in.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: January 21, 2019, 03:30:31 pm »

Has anyone actually found any honey balls since ants started eating everything in sight? I think we're back to square one with those basically not existing again.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: January 21, 2019, 08:09:31 pm »

Ants begin eating everything on sight?

That's... interesting.

If the game had stuff like ants actively going out in parties to search for and take/kill food, or stuff like ant populations becoming smaller or bigger depending on nearby food, or things like ants farming from aphids or something, I'd be okay with the idea that ants take food from the same sources you do, potentially stealing things you were going to eat.

Here, though... I'm kind of not.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: January 23, 2019, 10:33:19 am »

Looks like the timeline got rolled back at some point. Cataclysm is now concurrent with modern day I guess.

Also, the broken tank drone needs to have it's disassembly items updated to match the loadout of the Beagle UGV.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: January 23, 2019, 01:24:48 pm »

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: January 23, 2019, 02:05:08 pm »

Checked the thread, looks like build 8451 is the one before the ui change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: January 23, 2019, 08:54:17 pm »

I feel like Kevin might want to work on his PR skills.

"Nah I'm just kidding, you're being a jerk so I'm not sorry at all." really isn't the sort of thing he should be writing as the project leader. Especially when it's in response to someone giving feedback.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: January 23, 2019, 09:23:58 pm »

Prime example of why I absolutely cannot stand Kevin or his ego. He doesn't have the right attitude to run a popsicle stand, much less manage the sort of cat-herding you need to head a voluntary community-driven project. Being a dick to everyone that doesn't yes-man for you doesn't work when you have no real power over people beyond the power to frustrate them in their leisure time.

And I looked over some of that guy's prs. He literally doesn't understand how entire systems function from a player perspective and is making arbitrary, damaging changes because he thinks they'll make the UI pretty, and fuck people who want useful information about their character. Excellent demonstration of why extensive playtesting is necessary and debug-menu developers are useless.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 09:25:55 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: January 24, 2019, 07:46:52 am »

Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: January 24, 2019, 07:53:24 am »

This game seems to be going backwards in terms of development, as most of the recent large additions seem to takeaway from the game instead of add to it. (Except the NPC stuff.)

debug-menu developers
Please explain
I think he's saying that they just spawn the items and locations in instead of finding them in normal play.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: January 24, 2019, 11:26:26 am »

debug-menu developers

Please explain
Debug-menu developers basically only play with all the debug mutations on so they can ignore all gameplay mechanics except for the one they are currently working on. To them, things like malnutrition, temperature, injury and fatigue are merely obstacles to putting their pet project into the game rather than core mechanics.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: January 24, 2019, 12:22:17 pm »

Maybe a good idea would be to externalize the code that arrange all those UI elements, so people could "mod" the UI without ruining it for everyone else with their own idea on how it should look, which information is needed or uneeded according to how they play/dont even play the game.
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 451