Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 827615 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5925 on: December 11, 2018, 06:36:42 am »

Looks like the days of 1000MPH cars is no more with the vehicle speed rework getting merged.

It also makes it to where car and truck alternators no longer work on foot pedals, apparently now you have to use a special bicycle alternator to make power with them.

Also major thing:
"Fuel consumption has increased dramatically. On the vehicle efficiency tests, most vehicles are getting about 1/6th to 1/3rd the range they used to get on the constant speed pavement and dirt tests (and vehicles are having to go much slower on dirt to achieve that speed)."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: December 11, 2018, 01:18:11 pm »

Looks like the days of 1000MPH cars is no more with the vehicle speed rework getting merged.

Just when i learn that the Bloodhound 1000mph record project didn't found investors in time this month and so got terminated :/

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: December 11, 2018, 01:22:06 pm »

Sounds like a pain in the ass but it's not crazy. I hoard fuel and I never drove over 90mph unless I was trying to atomize myself and anything unfortunate enough to be in my way.

edit: Newest playthrough I'm a blacksmith whose used the apocalypse to achieve his dreams of being a medieval king. With so many people relying on cobbled together equipment a man who can craft a finely honed blade or a sturdy set of armor is one of the deadliest things alive. My camp has swollen to include a fully stocked kitchen, smithy, and garage where vehicles are cannibalized for precious steel. My allies are plate armored knights with longswords and leather clad scouts with finely made bows.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 06:48:24 pm by Broseph Stalin »

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: December 18, 2018, 09:44:18 pm »

I keep reading about tent and camps and kitchen built stuff like that. How does one get started? plop a tent and play with menu?

Doesnt have access to a pc nowadays.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: December 18, 2018, 10:05:23 pm »

If you get two NPC followers you can go to an open field and ask one about starting a faction camp. The NPC you asked becomes camp manager and you can talk to them to send other NPCs to do jobs like gather resources or cut firewood in exchange for food. If you have the materials they can also upgrade the camp and build extensions like kitchens and blacksmith workshops which unlock different jobs the more their upgraded.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: December 18, 2018, 10:31:38 pm »

You should increase (a lot) the random NPC spawn chances for your world , as with the default setting you nearly never saw any of them, making it hard to obtain the required followers (and they can die from assigned tasks, even with the lowest risk gathering mission).

It's also a good idea to start your npc camp on a field that is very near to several forest tiles, the reason  is that you'll need a ton of logs for most upgrades, and it takes lots of time for a NPC to cut them, and even more days according to the distance between your camp and the targetted forest tile.

Additionally, it's a very good idea to make a lot of the required items (for upgrade) gathering yourself and not only let it up to the tasked npc, they're incredibly inefficient in material gathering mission, taking so much time for bringing back ridiculously small amount of loot.
Make sure to have a cart or something to transport the tons of 2x4 items you'll need from building in which you'll deconstruct most of the furnitures back to your camp, as moving/pulling them yourself without a cart/car will take forever (each tile moves taking many many minutes if you have a lot to move).

For the tons of heavy stick you'll also need for upgrades, make a npc going to cut trees , he'll bring logs and lots of long sticks, disassembling all of them takes an annoyingly tedious amount of keypresses time , but they will result in lots of heavy sticks

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 10:33:46 pm by Robsoie »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: December 18, 2018, 10:38:03 pm »

If you pile up long sticks with a cutting tool in your inventory you can just disassemble all. I wasted so much time activating each one.
 Also be aware that as of the latest version most of the jobs for Blacksmith and Kitchen are gone. I'm still on 8232.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: December 18, 2018, 10:41:45 pm »

You can disassemble them all at a time ?
I wish i knew i could do that when i was still playing with the faction camp, always had to take only what my character could carry and disassemble them one by one, extremely tedious.

I guess i'll keep using my working 8194 version for a longer time to avoid more of the new bugs then (i see lots of recent crashes report on github too)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 10:44:54 pm by Robsoie »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: December 18, 2018, 11:41:16 pm »

Yeah you can disassemble and cut up the same way you would butcher, super handy when you bring in a bunch of future rags and patches.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: December 18, 2018, 11:42:33 pm »

Somehow never heard of this, and this game sounds amazing!

Too bad found it at a time recent patch is broken from what has been said. So I'll just have to wait for it to be fixed. I don't want to start like I did just the other day in Warhammer 2 Total War, and find out I have to restart anyway once they release a working patch (which in WH2TW case was literally only 3 days after I started my first game lol).

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: December 18, 2018, 11:58:54 pm »

Somehow never heard of this, and this game sounds amazing!

Too bad found it at a time recent patch is broken from what has been said. So I'll just have to wait for it to be fixed. I don't want to start like I did just the other day in Warhammer 2 Total War, and find out I have to restart anyway once they release a working patch (which in WH2TW case was literally only 3 days after I started my first game lol).

New bulids are constantly coming down the pipe, there were two updates today, three yesterday, and three the day before that. They're generally small changes you won't really notice and they rarely break saves. The missing things from the faction job menus shouldn't be too much of a bother since they're rarely worth doing and you'd need to keep a base fed for weeks to do the necessary upgrades. Realistically your first character will be dead within six hours.

I'd recommend jumping right in.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: December 19, 2018, 12:19:40 am »

Too bad found it at a time recent patch is broken from what has been said. So I'll just have to wait for it to be fixed.
The talk about the new versions and the related issues are with regard to the experimental branch only. Get the 'stable release' from the website and you'll be fine.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: December 19, 2018, 03:25:10 am »

Too bad found it at a time recent patch is broken from what has been said. So I'll just have to wait for it to be fixed.
The talk about the new versions and the related issues are with regard to the experimental branch only. Get the 'stable release' from the website and you'll be fine.

I should have read the forums in the morning :P Now I'm gonna stay up late...xD

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: December 19, 2018, 03:49:10 am »

Get the 'stable release' from the website and you'll be fine.
Your talking about 0.C Stable its several years old now, and it doesn't have a bunch of stuff that the newer versions have.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: December 19, 2018, 08:39:25 am »

Yeah the last stable version was in 2015, if you get the launcher you can update your experimental version and revert up to 9 versions back. They're usually save compatible but you can just find a build you like and then not update until you see a new feature or bugfix you want.
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 451