Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 827670 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5895 on: November 18, 2018, 01:32:28 pm »

As my faction camp is now well established, and i have enough provision for long timed expedition, i decided to explore much more of the world surrounding my zombie-free region.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: November 18, 2018, 04:34:04 pm »

Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: November 20, 2018, 07:26:34 pm »

There's a bug that makes the game crash very often starting with build 8195.
It's related to a new PR that got merged
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/26488

So until they fix it, stay with build 8194 or previous to get a much more stable game.

Additionally, the most excellent and always up to date tileset MSX-DeadPeopleEdition is now included in the experimental (as nearly all the other tilesets are either old or abandonned enough to have many items and monsters not using tiles).
No idea if they will maintain it the same as SomeDeadGuy does, as he updates nearly daily, here's his github in case you want to get his latest work :
https://github.com/SomeDeadGuy/Cata-MSX-DeadPeopleTileset

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: November 26, 2018, 10:16:03 pm »

Looks like I'm not getting back into cataclysm, windows has decided it's a virus and that my command to "run anyway" should be interpreted as "user is crazy, delete this file."

Edit: It was avast, apparently stuck in quiet mode, quarantining the file. I'd apologize to windows for assuming that it was responsible for the fuck up but in my investigation of the problem I discovered the IT administrator of my personal computer had apparently locked certain features of Defender.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 10:37:39 pm by Broseph Stalin »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: November 27, 2018, 09:31:07 am »

Yeah, Windows isint quite that insane. Close, but not quite.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: November 27, 2018, 10:31:48 am »

Wanted to mention that apparently the build 8195+ crashing bug has been fixed at some point.

As i'm still running though my 8194 world, i have ceased to update until i'm finished with it so i have no idea which exact build had this light crashing bug fixed.

To be sure you don't get the light crash bug, just download the latest experimental anyways or get back to a 8194 and less.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: November 27, 2018, 09:22:32 pm »

It's summer and all my shit is frozen.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: November 28, 2018, 09:12:25 am »

Did you do a glacier embark?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: November 28, 2018, 01:35:58 pm »

No I'm playing eternal summer which some research and intuition suggests actually means eternal early spring.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: November 28, 2018, 02:18:18 pm »

So I haven't played for a while. Are the recent builds still plagued with UnFun amounts of detail needing manual busywork? Like having to clean your clothes with a separate command an item of clothing at the time and stuff?

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: November 28, 2018, 04:32:50 pm »

Dirty Clothes only need to be cleaned if you pick them off of zombies. Its a bit easy to clean them, with the only requirements being a (somewhat large, about 1 unit per .25 liter) amount of water, 1 soap/detergent, and a washboard created from a wooden board.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: November 28, 2018, 05:47:18 pm »

No I'm playing eternal summer which some research and intuition suggests actually means eternal early spring.
I recall a bug that caused eternal starts to lock eternal in as day 1 of spring if the world is generated as eternal season. I'm not sure if it's been corrected, but the temp fix was to generate the world without that setting, then switch it once playing.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: November 29, 2018, 09:12:04 am »

So I haven't played for a while. Are the recent builds still plagued with UnFun amounts of detail needing manual busywork? Like having to clean your clothes with a separate command an item of clothing at the time and stuff?

You use the washboard item, then an UI pops up to choose dirty clothes from your inventory. After that it tells you how much soap and water you'll need.

Alternatively if you're using a powered vehicle rig you can just fill it up a wash machine with dirty clothes and turn it on (needs water from vehicle tanks).

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: November 29, 2018, 12:02:56 pm »

I recall a bug that caused eternal starts to lock eternal in as day 1 of spring if the world is generated as eternal season. I'm not sure if it's been corrected, but the temp fix was to generate the world without that setting, then switch it once playing.
Tried it, no effect.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: November 29, 2018, 01:10:23 pm »

This is odd, on an experimental from some months ago i had played an eternal summer run that took 2 summer cycles (as once you reach 3 months of summer you go back to the 1st day of summer) before i decided to go play on another world (as my save was way too big by then so i just deleted it) and i don't remember having to deal with those stupid constant freezing.

Maybe you're only in very early summer and for whatever reason there's still the cdda arctic-level of spring going on only for for few first summer days ?
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 451