Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 827597 times)

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #5205 on: April 18, 2018, 08:43:44 am »

i want to start with less power zombie...only this

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: April 18, 2018, 09:33:26 am »

Go to the data\mods\Mundane_Zombies, open the modinfo.json and change the "obsolete": true to "obsolete": false. Activate this mod when creating a world. It's better than the ingame classic zombie setting, because it will keep insects, robots, fungals and different monsters.
Also, my preference is to play with enemy speed reduced to 75% and health to 80%, I also start with markmanship and gun skills set to 10 - this will make firearms worth wile to use.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: April 18, 2018, 06:04:41 pm »

I can't get the scroll item info up/down keys to work, even after I rebounded them, I press the keys but nothing happens, which sucks, because I wanted to see the other crafting items I need for things

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: April 18, 2018, 10:23:45 pm »

So recently I made a new dude and cheated in an SMG because I didn't want to play the 'slowly starve on the outskirts of town and raid it in the dark of night and hope whatever was around to find me was killable' game that Cata seemed to be the last time I seriously played it.

A large number of of my shots - which I spent at least some time aiming and fired on single shot - would fly like 60 degrees to either side. I think this is slightly silly and would enjoy it if spray wasn't quite so uh.  Ridiculous?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: April 18, 2018, 10:33:56 pm »

It seems like just everything aim-related needs a big percentage increase across the board. Would it be possible to make a slider in the options to increase or decrease accuracy in general? Similar to how there's sliders for universal enemy speed and such.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: April 19, 2018, 01:25:14 am »

The thing with guns is that they're hard to balance while staying realistic. Guns are pretty common in C:DDA, which is mostly because the setting is explicitly in the U.S. And so, for them to be at all balanced, they have to be less effective then they would realistically. Thus the ridiculous aiming penalties. This is not the best way to balance guns, but it certainly prevents them from being overpowered.

A better solution would be to emphasize the drawbacks that guns already have by making guns and ammo much rarer and making them generally louder. This would also make a cleaner break with bows, which you can craft your own ammo for and which are nearly silent.

Or alternatively just decide that the omnipresent blobs like to eat gunpowder and guns just don't work anymore. But that could just be my prejudice against ranged weaponry talking. I find it more fun to fight zombies with an umbrella or my bare fists instead of worrying about gun mods and ammo conservation.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: April 19, 2018, 02:52:21 am »

Or just make guns not very effective against zombies.  Undead creatures can easily be portrayed as not nearly so bothered by holes in them as living.  Must destroy the brain kinda thing.  Which could be abstracted as a really low accuracy rating, because that accuracy is reflecting your ability to hit anything that will genuinely disable or kill a zombie.  Meanwhile, melee weapons will tear up or pulp a zombie and leave them harmless, even if their brain isn't destroyed.  Of course, for that abstraction to make sense, the accuracy drop would have to not apply to living creatures, robots, etc.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: April 19, 2018, 03:35:22 am »

in the option how work zombie density?
if i put 2 i have more or less zombie?

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: April 19, 2018, 03:38:59 am »

So we get lots of (sometimes really tedious) stuff to make the game more realistic, but guns get nerfed for balance reasons?

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: April 19, 2018, 03:56:07 am »

Bullet is pierce damage. Give zombie high pierce armor then.

Even if gun is accurate, it is not over powered. Because it is loud and ammo is limited. Besides, melee is so over powered that gun is not necessary.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: April 19, 2018, 04:14:09 am »

Bullet is pierce damage. Give zombie high pierce armor then.

Even if gun is accurate, it is not over powered. Because it is loud and ammo is limited. Besides, melee is so over powered that gun is not necessary.

Pierce resist would neuter bows, too, and those already have enough downsides.

Also some people might want to - and I know this is bizarre - not play melee on every single character.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: April 19, 2018, 04:32:39 am »

I have to admit that bow is actually not useful, against undead at least, and is less useful than gun, against living things. Bow should deal less damage than gun does in any situation. The advantage is being quiet and ammo being renewable.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: April 19, 2018, 07:23:52 am »

in the option how work zombie density?
if i put 2 i have more or less zombie?

I guess you mean the Monster Spawn Density.
I set it all the way up to 50 and there seems to be way more Zs and Animals.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: April 19, 2018, 03:12:10 pm »

What? Metal arrows on a long bow will take down most the zombies I've come across, as long as you're not getting swarmed.

So I found an electric car and fixed it up some, it's got solar panels, but they don't seem to be charging it, I've had it sitting by my base for a couple of days now, and it just stays at 8% on the one battery that is green. any ideas?
I also need to figure out a way to light my room, now it's winter I'm sitting around in the dark for ages. I keep going to bed and leaving whatever light source I have running.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 03:20:59 pm by se5a »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: April 19, 2018, 03:33:07 pm »

If one or more batteries are leaking due to damage, then the vehicle will lose all efficiency for that battery.  charge gained is randomly distributed to any valid battery, leaking or not.  So 2/3 damaged batteries results in 66% avg eff loss off the rip.

Second, storage batteries have absolute oodles of capacity, and it can take a lot to charge up even 1%

Third, it may not be sunny out.  They charge very slowly in overcast conditions and not at all in other ones, like snow or rain.

fourth, it may need to be in the bubble to charge.

Fifth, is there anything on in the car?  like a dome light?

sixth, use an oven and timber for light.  or a brazier.  Or go outside.  Or use plants to cover you up.  A light strip is super effective though.

seventh, go find gas car.  by foot.  Then drive to it with the slar car and some jumper cables, and start it up.  It doesnt need to move; only start.  Attach that to your electric car and wait around.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 03:36:05 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 451