Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 827967 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4770 on: August 16, 2017, 03:39:13 pm »

Either way, will be amusing if Coolthulhu forks it properly. Polish squid has taken the kind of abuse that'd have me throwing hissy fits.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: August 17, 2017, 08:16:11 pm »

If you mean libreoffice afaik it's bigger than openoffice at the moment
Yes.  Doesn't change that LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice.  It was triggered by six months of active refusal to merge in bugfixes, and two-thirds of the dev team left for LibreOffice at the split.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: August 17, 2017, 08:45:43 pm »

If you mean libreoffice afaik it's bigger than openoffice at the moment
Yes.  Doesn't change that LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice.  It was triggered by six months of active refusal to merge in bugfixes, and two-thirds of the dev team left for LibreOffice at the split.
Yes, but it does change the original point, that being that a fork of a project is necessarily smaller and more obscure than the originating project. "less legitimate" was the original wording.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: August 17, 2017, 10:05:00 pm »

Yea I was annoyed at the time and not thinking through my posts honestly, so yea I was probably more wrong than right about the whole libreoffice thing (hell I didn't even have the name right).  Don't post after combining internet drama with a binge reading of ameripol kiddos.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: August 17, 2017, 10:24:57 pm »

So a little story. Edgar Mc. Hardy, a super soldier who manage to escape a lab where he was being tested. After a year, killing evrything standing in his was. He found a group of bioweapon (bio weapon thingy mod) soldier. They asked Edgar if he would be willing to kill the super bio weapon. Yeah no problem did he say, im very well trained and equiped. Queue some searching and found the lair a few day later. Dispatching the horde of zombie brute wasnt that hard. Step downstair where he hide. WTFBBQSAUCE. As he opened the door a horde of bioweapon come pouring down lead by apophis... He get smack all the way across the room. Almost dead from a single blow he makes a deseperate move. Launche a full auto burst from his m60. As he get cornered he grins, pulling his 7 grenade pin and dropping them at his feet. "Thunk x7".

He begins to phase out as they start pilling on his position and disapear, only to reappear jist outside the explosion range. Most of them died in the blast, only a few stragler remained. Engaging his repair nanobot, adrenali e pump and just to make sure, why not some powerfull experimental stimulant. Dispatching the remaining wasnt that hard since they were scattered.

Mission accomplished.

Tldr. You better be fucking ready for that superweapon quest.... think 10+ shocker brute in enxlosed space on steroidbbqsauce.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: August 17, 2017, 11:15:24 pm »

yea.

cata++ mod is known for its remarkable unsubtly.
the power disparity is real in that mod. never dull
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: August 18, 2017, 01:11:15 am »

Ah, the future. Where dropping seven hand grenades at your feet after taking a massive blow from a monster is survivable.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: August 18, 2017, 02:02:11 am »

Ah, the future. Where dropping seven hand grenades at your feet after taking a massive blow from a monster is survivable.
Indeed, a grenade surprise is much more survivable when you can teleport out of the way of the explosion.  The future is now. :P
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:05:59 am by Culise »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: August 18, 2017, 10:28:35 am »

Tldr. You better be fucking ready for that superweapon quest.... think 10+ shocker brute in enxlosed space on steroidbbqsauce.

It was a lot more trivial back before Noct made Apophis spawn underground. Unknown Lab, plus a fucking tank... 3:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: August 18, 2017, 11:13:45 am »

I tried Cata++, but finding the command centers really messed up my medium game of running around with a SWAT van I had going.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: August 18, 2017, 12:04:23 pm »

It's interesting though, at least. Goes rather well with Arcana. 3:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our devs fight each other!
« Reply #4781 on: August 18, 2017, 01:09:10 pm »

Wow, the 'drama' is real, huh? Kevin's clearly been... like this... for quite a while, seemingly going against what the community wants for the sake of his ego. Oh well, DDA is his project, but I think the time for a fork is due.  Essentially, Kevin's vision involves 'realism' over what some might consider 'fun' or 'balance', which obviously does appeal to some gamers.  But it seems clear enough that a lot (maybe even most) players would prefer fun and balance over 'realism', so maybe it's time for the "Cataclysm: Less Tedium Ahead" branch.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: August 18, 2017, 01:55:18 pm »

...yep. Been like this for ages. It's not just the realism binge, the Misaimed Realism began in full swing after I became an ex-contributor, but Kevin's attitude became somewhat what it's now infamous for being about midway though my time as a contributor.

I also recall starting right at the last gasp of KA101's time there, he even helped a bit with my drunken flailing of a first PR.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: August 18, 2017, 02:46:37 pm »

I mean... I don't want to bash the guy, even if I find some of his latest comments off putting.  I know running a project involves often thankless behind the scenes work, and if you keep doing that you start to feel entitled to having your way, since you're putting in most of the work.  That will naturally lead to friction, which over time tends to wear down your patience.  Impatient people naturally tend to get into more friction, and obviously you see where this goes.  So like I said, I don't want to personally attack him, I just want to say I don't think it's leading to good results (obviously from my point of view).

Some personality types are more prone to this than others, and probably the personality types that would take management of a big community project like this have a fair amount of overlap with personality types that might be a bit more assertive than most.  I know if I led a big project I'd start nice and open and assume good faith and all that jazz, but I also know people would get on my nerves, friction would develop, and I'd probably drive everyone away with an insane tirade at 3am.  So in that way Kevin's demonstrated a lot more patience than I have.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I would love a separate fork to happen, but I also know I'm too lazy to do it myself, so I have no business expecting someone to do it for me. I'd rather there be at least one version being added to instead of zero. 

TLDR; I'm lazy, make Cata exactly the perfect game in my imagination, and no I'm not giving you any input, because I'm lazy, remember? :P

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: August 19, 2017, 12:05:06 pm »

This could be pretty much averted if Kebin adjusts himself, though.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 451