Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 826578 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4545 on: March 10, 2017, 01:34:59 am »

Have they fixed tiger kungfu yet, or can you still mulch brutes with a 4 strength 12 perception character by stacking tiger fury's 3x perception buff?

No idea. Instead have some post-character-creation error messagespam because some overmap specials are too fat to generate, some random quests failing to find target location, some Linux builds not letting you construct new vehicles from frames, explosives blowing up in your face because it takes time to light it (and countdown starts when you START lighting)...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: March 14, 2017, 06:17:17 pm »

is the dda forums dow  or sumthin'?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: March 14, 2017, 06:28:34 pm »

also, sky vortex.  how likely are you to buy an anomaly in the sky that popped out monsters from teh nether?

it can have floating lightning vents (as in up a few zlevels) and can spawn monsters in air.  it can spawn items from an 'exploration team' into the nether.

enh?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: March 14, 2017, 07:17:17 pm »

Yeah, forums seem to be down since yesterday. Which is annoying, because I'm just about to start playing a fair bit. And I wanted to see if the android port's dev can fix the tileset memory issue (mainly I want to spoiler a long rambling thought process trying to identify the cause).
It's a game. Have fun.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: March 14, 2017, 08:07:13 pm »

also, sky vortex.  how likely are you to buy an anomaly in the sky that popped out monsters from teh nether?

it can have floating lightning vents (as in up a few zlevels) and can spawn monsters in air.  it can spawn items from an 'exploration team' into the nether.

enh?

Pbbbt. Have it spawn some non-fliers so players can get all paranoid about random monster corpses somewhere they haven't been.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: March 15, 2017, 06:07:04 pm »

A little bit on the forums being down:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cataclysmdda/comments/5zgnvf/cataclysm_dark_days_ahead_forum_is_down/

https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/20547

Tldr; Hosting cost issue mostly. People have stood up to give bandwidth and help migrate them to a new server, but feel free to assist if you want.
It's a game. Have fun.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: March 16, 2017, 04:50:47 pm »

I just discovered there is a suit called the ANBC suit. I like the idea of a full body suit but the encumbrance is staggeringly high. I could get more armor with less encumbrance with individual pieces. Sure it might lack 10%-20% coverage, but you get 50% more armor and half the encumbrance. The only other interesting thing about this suit is the environmental protection, but I am not familiar with an area that will both irradiate me to dangerous levels and require large amounts of armor. Is the suit just pointless?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: March 16, 2017, 04:52:16 pm »

Nope.  Its a radiation suit.

It protects in ways all the individual pieces cant.
PKs DF Mod!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: March 16, 2017, 04:55:23 pm »

Is there a place with large amounts of radiation that has a lot of enemies? Otherwise I don't see the point in making it.

Also, I feel I should be able to make a survivor trenchcoat by now, but can't. What skills are required to make it?

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: March 16, 2017, 05:04:31 pm »

Nuclear waste sarcophagi are the only location that springs immediately to mind. it would let you flounce through toxic waste dumps craters and sewage works though

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: March 16, 2017, 05:06:58 pm »

Nope.  Its a radiation suit.

It protects in ways all the individual pieces cant.

Strictly speaking, it's an armored radiation suit. That's the acronym, Armored Nuclear Biological Chemical suit.
Is there a place with large amounts of radiation that has a lot of enemies? Otherwise I don't see the point in making it.

Toxic waste dumps/sarcophagi are, last I checked, highly radioactive and filled with enemies.
PRE-EDIT: Dammit, ninja'd.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: March 16, 2017, 05:08:34 pm »

Pks Rebalancing mod uses radioactive mons and areas ....
PKs DF Mod!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: March 16, 2017, 06:12:41 pm »

I've been in radioactive sarcophagi and there are rarely monsters there, however the last time I was in one was like... a real life year ago.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: March 16, 2017, 06:25:17 pm »

Mate, you wont find them on the surface
PKs DF Mod!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: March 16, 2017, 07:50:31 pm »

Mate, you wont find them on the surface

Hmmm, was this dungeon added? Because I always thought those areas were a bit barren for such an interesting name. I looked a bit but never found anything. I thought they just had minor loot. and a place to soak up some radiation for mutations :P
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 451