Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 826336 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4230 on: December 05, 2016, 08:00:36 am »

Hey guys, quick question: is there a lista somewhere that relates each melee weapon with the skill it uses?
I have Piercing Weapons almost on level 4 and want to forge a Rapier, but am unsure if it really uses piercing. If its cutting, I would rather go for a longsword-type. The material, especially the forge charges, are kinda steeped to keep trial-and-error methods. Help?
In an item's damage stats, Bash is always the same, but the other switches between Cut and Pierce depending on the skill it uses. Also, such a list would be difficult to make as any item is theoretically a melee weapon, and many train and utilize both bashing and cutting/piercing (the zweihänder is a good example).
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

acidia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: December 05, 2016, 03:32:07 pm »

Any way I could get a couple people to beta test a new building?  The beta mod got vetoed for being too large to include in core due to the inefficiency of the current json format.  Can't really do hard-coded work till merging is on the horizon, so I have a few weeks to potentially work on other things.

You can download the entire branch file from
https://github.com/acidia/Cataclysm-DDA/tree/national-guard-camp-mod
but all you really need is the one mod folder.

You can track the progress of the pull request at:
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/19572

I'd be glad to hear any feedback so just shoot me a message here, in the github pull request, or on the cata forums (acidia there too).   

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: December 05, 2016, 06:03:45 pm »

I'll toss the mod into my currently running game and let ya know if I come across any major problems.  I'll be playing normally though so it might be a bit before I encounter anything mod related.  If I can't get into my current world smoothly I'll load it up next reset.

Looking at the communication going on I do see where mugling and them are coming from, this is huge. 3 times the size of 'more locations' the current largest core mod.  Hopefully that size can eventually be cut down, but I don't know enough about mapgen jsons to tell.  And then there's the trouble blazemod has been getting into as well recently, so I can understand the hesitation. 

I have my own mod up in the lab that I originally wanted to have become core but decided it would probably be best if it was not due to worries that I would fall behind in development and it would have trouble like blazemod does.  So even if you don't get into core being a standalone mod is fine accomplishment as well. :)

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:06:44 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

acidia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: December 05, 2016, 07:25:29 pm »

Ya, I don't really track the drama but I certainly understand his hesitation due to the size.  There is a fix for all mapgen jsons in the works that will cut it down to hopefully 20% of its current size but the outstanding question is whether all new content will be stuck in mods and if the new mods will be distributed with the core game.  What I dislike is that mods are fairly limited and I'd have to build the json framework to add in any sort of special features... even if they are only used once.   

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: December 05, 2016, 07:48:25 pm »

yea, 120k is huuuuge for a single location.  I mean, I have 160 or so k lines and I come closer to a light overhaul than a mod ...

Also, 159 people who took the survey said they used the mod.  'More crafts' had 650 ....

soooo, yay?  Thats 5% of the reddit membership.  Thats more or less what I expected, 10% of the palyerbase using it.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: December 05, 2016, 09:21:21 pm »

Welp. I'm sad as usual that Arcana got utter shit in terms of votes. ._.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: December 05, 2016, 10:17:36 pm »

Edit2: Also, why can't I make a jam sandwich with a butter knife? What makes my entrenching tool a better tool for this task?

Just how large of a sandwich are we talking about here. . .?
Sometimes you just get really hungry and all you have is three bags of scavenged bread and a jar of jam that some kid at school was carrying around before they died.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: December 06, 2016, 01:16:23 am »

@Survey Wow far more people use tilesets than I thought. The console style output is so well done that I felt tilesets were unnessesary, but I guess that means at least the chesthole tileset is equally well done.

2nd I didn't know this game could even be played on a mobile.  Wonder how it works without a keyboard.

And 3rd, how can somebody be neither playing with sound or without.  How does that even, it's a yes or no question.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: December 06, 2016, 02:04:03 am »

There was a survey?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: December 06, 2016, 02:43:43 am »

Tilesets can let you see what you're character is wearing/wielding. Which is really cool because it lets you play barbie dressup which everybody secretly adores. Also, instead of having like ten symbols to cover hundreds of different items each one has a unique readily identifiable appearance. Also helps now that we're getting so many monster types as well. There are only so many distinct colors you can make a Z before it starts to get confusing.

No, I'm not trying to start a shitstorm about whether tiles or ASCII is better, so don't anybody start that. Again.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: December 06, 2016, 02:50:13 am »

Okay, but ASCII is better.
I do use the most ASCII-est tileset that comes with the game, but that's just because I couldn't be arsed to figure out how to make the game use a proper square font.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: December 06, 2016, 02:58:40 am »

Took your advice, folks: respec of the Military Armored Personnel Carrier is complete. Say hello to the Solar Cargo A.P.C.:

6 trunks, 2 seats, a medium electric motor, 4 solar panels, 6 batteries, (can't install an alternator? Wut?), composite armor all around, added roof to close off the entire vehicle - except for the M2 Browning. Should probably put a hatch there, though I'm not sure how that works with vehicles? Reinforced headlights, reinforced windshields, going to try to add some sort of melee weaponry to the front bumper to help mow down hordes, 6 trunks (650 per) give 3,900 cargo capacity, kept the two external diesel tanks (55 gallon drums), and added a small water tank inside. 5-point harness on the seat, though I dunno how seatbelts even work.

I'm going to see if it even works. How do I screenshot? I tried prntscreening but it didn't work.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: December 06, 2016, 05:07:58 am »

Why would you put an electricity generating device on an electric engine?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: December 06, 2016, 05:44:47 am »

Why would you put an electricity generating device on an electric engine?

For unlimited "fuel"? Like the cars this company is developing: http://www.solarteameindhoven.nl

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: December 06, 2016, 05:47:04 am »

Theres a few natural laws that would stop that from happening. The few electric vehicles that do have any form power generation in their drivetrain have it to regain power while braking, and most are trains.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 451