Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 826228 times)

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #4125 on: November 19, 2016, 09:50:13 pm »

I haven't played in aaaaaaages.

It was fun, but once you got a proper set of gear... Boring as shit.

Do npcs and bases exist yet? I couldn't only stomach playing if there's something to do beside wander randomly.
There's a relatively simple faction system now. NPCs (if you turned them on) can be part of one of the factions. The Old Guard (Military and government holdouts), Free Merchants (People who called dibs on refugee stations) and the Tacoma Commune (Their offshoot faction that doesn't actually exist until you do some jobs for the merchants), Hell's Raiders (Basically bandits, end of the world after all) and the Wasteland Scavengers (Everyone else). You are part of your own faction, but you are effectively just another wanderer unless you piss another faction off or start recruiting.

If you want to find a friendly base of sorts, turn on static NPCs and then interact with the glowing console in the corner of the evac shelter. One of the options will map a (somewhat convoluted) path to the nearest refugee station. Try to find the doors instead of smashing your way in, because there's a quarantined zone inside that you might not want to end up in if you just made a beeline to the station with a fresh character. Some of the people there have jobs for you, and the traders might have something you could use. Most of them are pretty poorly armed so you can start trouble if you really want, but at those well-lit, indoor ranges, a .22 round is almost guaranteed to get multiple consecutive head-shots and the trader might have something considerably more lethal in stock.

There's plenty more to the world, but if you don't feel like exploring, you won't be interested in the mega stores, malls or the vault.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: November 19, 2016, 10:00:14 pm »

i could make a blacklist mod but i need to have a list.

spiders is a start
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: November 20, 2016, 04:20:37 am »

Oh! There we go. :) Oh, I like exploring, I'm just... I get lonely, LOL. Having NPCs to interact with gives me a reason to give a damn.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: November 20, 2016, 08:21:48 am »

one time an npc swam up a river to mug me
one time it ran out of the darkness to smg my face
one time it tried to mug a man driving an 8ton vehicle with automated grenade launchers.
one time, quite recently, it threw a molotov at a zombie i was in melee with

npc no longer chows on his lighter, and mostly does not try to reload his gun with it, but factions as such are vasucally 0.C

progress is being made, slowly
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: November 20, 2016, 09:09:54 am »

Oh! There we go. :) Oh, I like exploring, I'm just... I get lonely, LOL. Having NPCs to interact with gives me a reason to give a damn.
These are mostly just static NPCs, who are all scripted to prevent too much issue. Dynamically spawning NPCs are, as pisskop said, quite erratic. Dynamic NPCs are just about the only source of recruitment at the moment though, since money to hire the static spawning mercenaries can be a bit tricky to get.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: November 20, 2016, 06:02:31 pm »

Damn, a recent update seems to have broken my current world without warning.

I wasn't counting on this: losing a character's fine, but I had gathered a lot of tools and supplies to stash at my ranch safehouse, and that's a significantly bigger loss.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: November 21, 2016, 02:21:49 pm »

Been away from CDDA since the big vehicle building and nutrition changes. Will be trying my hand at a few characters again with an emphasis on testing the various mutation lines and seeing if any of them need tweaks to be balanced/desirable. Anyone got any mutation line suggestions? Any especially bad ones nobody likes playing due to them being too bad?
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: November 21, 2016, 02:31:40 pm »

Alpha is all bonus.

My idea of alpha is to make them lose health, gain pain, and lose hp constantly at a slow pace.  And be drug intolerant.  Captain Amurica is not anti-drug because he's a good person, but because his body cant handle it.

A lot of my suggestions work within the framework of a mod, but one of the biggest points of contention is when mutation crafting should be unlocked, if it should also be involuntary, and how much it can cancel starting traits.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:33:33 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: November 21, 2016, 02:48:08 pm »

Well no.  mutations are worth it if you can access them early enough.  level 3 cooking is obtainable at start.  with the right profession, a custom one, one could be halfway to a threshold by the end of day one with just 1 gallon of ammonia and bleach and some slime scrap.  The real issue with mutations is how obnoxiously hardcoded they are.

Bionics can be better.  Thats fine -even preferable.  But mutations would be better served providing passive boons and versatility.  You claimed they are more trouble than they are worth,and thats your opinion, but what you are doing is grinding them and thats not their intention.  Perhaps you should be making it as you go along instead of minmaxxing and complaining it isnt easy enough
PKs DF Mod!

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: November 21, 2016, 03:11:05 pm »

The real issue with mutations is how obnoxiously hardcoded they are.

I learned that the hard way when I tried to find the source of a mysterious dex loss with a full spider and then made modifications to the code to make spiders a little less god-awful.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: November 21, 2016, 03:29:31 pm »

>.>
<.<

I always take robust genes.

Anywho

bah na-na Naah

A profession that can craft mutagen out the gate.  although Id recommend taking 1 point of cooking with the 2 it has.

I also reduced the amount of powdered ingredients for basic mutagen.
    The reason to take this over any other prof is that you start with a book.
PKs DF Mod!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: November 21, 2016, 04:24:43 pm »

Hmm, I got real lucky! Spawned in a shelter in a forest, befriended two NPCs and set them to guard my shit. I've got tons of machine components and metal bits, but seriously low on food. But... In a house in the nearby town, I found a gased and functional car in their garage! Been using it to ferry tons of shit, including a functioning power armor!!

Is power armor useful, or does its batteries die quickly a-la Fallout 4? Cause I found a USP (0) but dunno how to charge it. Ah well.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: November 21, 2016, 04:38:07 pm »

Power armor is useful even unpowered, because 50 encumbrance for 90 armor is a winning deal. Its ridiculously unencumbering to wear unpowered
PKs DF Mod!

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: November 21, 2016, 04:49:09 pm »

You need a hauling frame to carry stuff though. Or some kind of shopping cart.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: November 21, 2016, 04:49:48 pm »

Doesn't power armor have terrible carrying capacity though?  Last time I used it I had to carry around the USP in my hands and beat things with it if I wanted the armor powered without the bionic chest cavity or whatever it was called.

Ninjas!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 451