Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825814 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3555 on: June 24, 2016, 01:19:01 pm »

Sorry for the dual posting, but I just died to the cheesiest cheese death I have yet to find. Youknow how when overloaded you are slow? You know how wasps are fast? Well, I was overloaded, a wasp shoes up, and thanks to my horrible rate of movement it took me from full health to nothing in three limbs before I died, without my getting to act once.
Probably a good idea to put all your stuff in shopping carts instead! I can imagine it'd be hard to fight back against a wasp while your whole body is trapped beneath a pile of objects :P

Especially considering you hadn't been wearing anything that could've stopped some of those punctures from actually hitting you.
Going slow enough for a wasp to 100 to 0 you in a single turn cycle means you're waaaay too overloaded to begin with, yeah?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: June 24, 2016, 01:40:20 pm »

I had armor, the wasp knocked it down quick.

And yes, far too overloaded. Something like 300 lb extra weight.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: June 24, 2016, 04:38:13 pm »

Trying to refuel a car with a plastic jerrycan, but when I hit refill it just exits the menu and nothing happens, and I'm still holding a full jerrycan. Bug, or has something changed?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3558 on: June 26, 2016, 09:43:43 pm »

If you have two tanks and one is empty and try to refill the full tank it won't fill up the empty tank
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Not good with names

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: June 26, 2016, 09:56:24 pm »

You can work around it by (U)nloading a container next to a vehicle.  I love experimental build roulette!

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: July 03, 2016, 06:38:11 am »

Coming back to this after a long-ass time away.
I notice the stable and experimental builds are over a year apart. Howcome there hasn't been a stable release in so long? How much has changed in the experimental from 0.C?

Thanks!
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: July 03, 2016, 06:47:26 am »

Only toolbelts, survivor belts and firefighter belts can hold, or even do, anything.
Leather belts can hold small things.

But the only clippable thing that is size 2 and under 500g is a sling or slingshot.  They wont even hold a hammer, which is 600kg.  So you can put a sling or slingshot into your trousers.

Yea, more things with the clippable tag would be nice.

Coming back to this after a long-ass time away.
I notice the stable and experimental builds are over a year apart. Howcome there hasn't been a stable release in so long? How much has changed in the experimental from 0.C?

Thanks!

Theres a list of milestones they set out to complete before they release a stable version.  That list is long and not finished.  They also have so many new features being made up right now, like 3D, filthy clothing, evolutions, nerfs to OP stuff, and a whole slew of new buildings and building types.  Over 20 kinds of house these days, and actual neighborhoods/downtowns instead of everything mismashed
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 06:51:02 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: July 03, 2016, 07:29:20 am »

Theres a list of milestones they set out to complete before they release a stable version.  That list is long and not finished.  They also have so many new features being made up right now, like 3D, filthy clothing, evolutions, nerfs to OP stuff, and a whole slew of new buildings and building types.  Over 20 kinds of house these days, and actual neighborhoods/downtowns instead of everything mismashed

It sounds like a very very different game from when I last played; now I'm excited. :P
Is there any particular experimental version I should grab, or just get the latest one?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: July 03, 2016, 11:41:22 am »

Okay, I'm definitely upgrading to the current version. I totally forgot how utterly broken hordes were back in March of this year when I fired up the old version of the game I'd been running since, well, last March. I smashed some furniture to board up the starting shelter's windows and when I woke up the next morning there was an assortment of zombie masters, feral predators, shocker brutes, and other kindly gentlemen right outside my door, because, you know, furniture smashing is secretly a magical ritual to summon paratrooper endgame monsters on the second day.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: July 05, 2016, 12:35:04 pm »

Whatever happened to the forum? It seems drastically slower pace than usual, even slower than Whalsedev.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: July 05, 2016, 12:38:24 pm »

Theres almost 250 more forks and stars on the git than when I started paying attention to it last december.

A bit over 25%
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: July 05, 2016, 05:29:33 pm »

Driving skill is huge part of your turns and keypresses. Turn on the direction indicator for vehicles to see what's going on.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: July 05, 2016, 07:48:53 pm »

EDIT: And speaking of driving, this Beetle seems to lasting a very suspicious amount of time on 0% gas. Can fuel meters be broken, is that a thing now?

Don't Beetles in real life get crazy gas mileage?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: July 05, 2016, 08:31:10 pm »

The Beetle is very lightweight so its gas mileage is going to be not bad at all. I think it's the lightest car sort of car. I think the bubble car has a similar footprint but might be heavier due to glass. Not sure. It's been a long time since I looked at them.

Not moving at all? Sounds like a rounding number issue. Couldn't tell you for sure. Sounds like a weird issue.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: July 05, 2016, 08:49:04 pm »

I think how driving skill affects your driving has recently changed.  Now instead of an inept driver randomly spinning the wheel to crash into a mighty oak, low skill has a chance of making turning the car take longer. 

So less sudden unexplained U turns, more taking 6 turns to make a 90 degree turn you thought you could do in 3 and wedging your car in a forest. 

I have noticed that odd extra time behavior while driving too though, It seems most noticeable when doing minor adjustment turns and not so much big 90 degree ones.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 08:51:23 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 451