Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825217 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3195 on: April 16, 2016, 10:34:51 am »

Downloaded the latest experimental--it seems that spiders have...disappeared! I found one 'on top' of me as I woke up due to cold ._. It seems like they both lacked their characteristic 's' (wolf/black widow), or I'm really missing something as I only saw the jumping spider. I could aim and fire at the latter two, but I could only target the usual symbol for the ground "." instead of a characteristic "s". They did signify dying but didn't drop anything. :o

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: April 16, 2016, 10:47:45 am »

That's a regular spider, Tir. You're thinking of giant spiders, those are the 's' ones. :U
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: April 16, 2016, 10:52:28 am »

Vermin have been removed in the most recent versions.

If it doesnt make mea twhen butchered it is no longer spawning.  Also standard frogs are gone despite making meat.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: April 16, 2016, 10:56:14 am »

That's a regular spider, Tir. You're thinking of giant spiders, those are the 's' ones. :U
@_@ What vermin?! I've always thought of those creeps as person-sized or small-dog-like sized <_<
And yes, I'm thinking of the giant spiders, because the hover-text I received while aiming (how does aiming and the different positions work again?) match my memory of those giant spiders .-.

Also how 'removed' is removed? I'm bothered because my 'fire' indicator can see them, but everything else can't. And I'm just creeped out to have a spider right next to me in my sleep ._. I mean sure, that was the usual like before if you slept in the open, but this one is invisible and there was no notice beforehand (in other words: Tiruin did not know that! Thanks pisskop/Tawa!)

Also...is it possible to have an updated gun descriptor screen after all additions are added in? I'd like to see the current update of the Dispersion + Recoil on my heavily modded rifle. :P

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: April 16, 2016, 12:11:25 pm »

The zombie mall is a good place to practice my melee skill, but it turns out there just happens to be a slime pit right in the middle of it. So now the mall is being flooded by innumerable blobs. I guess this isn't too bad, it means i'll have lots of blob globs whenever I need those.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: April 16, 2016, 01:03:19 pm »

Well, that's kind of a shame. My ambience! Whyyyy!?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: April 16, 2016, 05:56:16 pm »

There were vermin ala dwarf fortress, teeny tiny critters that only have a "." for an icon.   Those would be normal frogs, lemmings, normal spiders and the like.

Pretty much all they did is occasionally turn hostile (while being unable to attack) and stop yer crafting and reading when trapped inside with you, be a borderline exploity way to train melee (as they were near impossible to hit), confuse people when they see something like a wolf spider on their nearby warning only to find it's a normal size wolf spider and not the eat your face kind, and wreck your car when you suddenly plowed into a herd of lemmings at 100 mph you didn't know were there.

Happy they are gone myself.   It was ambience, but annoying.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: April 16, 2016, 05:58:20 pm »

make them disappear like hallucinations.  Or even DF vermin.

Theyve gotten a lot better about hallucinations and wrecking your car, but as recently as a week ago a hallucinated cacodemon put out my windshield
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: April 16, 2016, 06:07:04 pm »

Maybe you were hallucinating your windshield.
Black lives matter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: April 17, 2016, 02:34:10 am »

There were vermin ala dwarf fortress, teeny tiny critters that only have a "." for an icon.   Those would be normal frogs, lemmings, normal spiders and the like.

Pretty much all they did is occasionally turn hostile (while being unable to attack) and stop yer crafting and reading when trapped inside with you, be a borderline exploity way to train melee (as they were near impossible to hit), confuse people when they see something like a wolf spider on their nearby warning only to find it's a normal size wolf spider and not the eat your face kind, and wreck your car when you suddenly plowed into a herd of lemmings at 100 mph you didn't know were there.

Happy they are gone myself.   It was ambience, but annoying.
So ._. Uh...
-snip-
I was seeing vermin ^, as well as a giant type of it, right? :O

Is it gone in the latest experimental because the imagery of having those ON me is very .____. ...*shuddery*

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: April 17, 2016, 06:10:26 am »

It shouldn't have been a "^". They were small animals, such as minks, lemmings, frogs, and muskrats. Harmless {because they're too small to be infected} except for the spiders occasionally turning hostile - which is still harmless as the mundane ones are at most an inch wide or so in real life.

I liked having them around myself, and am sad they're gone.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: April 17, 2016, 06:11:34 am »

What if the hostile spider is poisonous
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: April 17, 2016, 06:16:00 am »

Wolf spider venom is mostly pretty harmless, especially compared to what you encounter during the apocalypse. The article for Jumping Spiders(the other spider type present in C:DDA) doesn't mention the venom.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: April 17, 2016, 06:17:30 am »

I was actually more suggesting there being poisonous spiders in the game, but thank you for the information. :P
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: April 17, 2016, 06:23:13 am »

Oh don't worry, the giant version of those spiders will leave you writhing in pain on the ground while they nom your face.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 451