Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825220 times)

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3120 on: April 05, 2016, 01:29:25 pm »

Been dabbling with this title recently, had never heard of it to be honest.  Few successfull runs, many not-so-much.  Couple of tryhard bionic preppers with all points in stats, some hardened scavenger 'Ambush' guys wreaking havoc with the katana.

Now doing a Lets Play with a Broken Cyborg from Abandoned start (Hospital).  Welcome any feedback people might have on gameplay or recording itself.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: April 05, 2016, 01:39:57 pm »

Good luck to you!

What version are you using?

How long have you lived before?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: April 05, 2016, 01:48:44 pm »

Just noticed theres actually an LP subforum so i'll move any future links over there.

Using cataclysmdda-0.C-4624, a recent experimental, most of my experience is with plain 0.C however.
Best life is about a month and kicking in a 0.C game with bionic prepper.

Most of my guys make a week or two before i make a string of poor calls and kill them.  Usual roguelike stuff...yours to lose.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: April 05, 2016, 01:50:11 pm »

Been dabbling with this title recently, had never heard of it to be honest.  Few successfull runs, many not-so-much.  Couple of tryhard bionic preppers with all points in stats, some hardened scavenger 'Ambush' guys wreaking havoc with the katana.

Now doing a Lets Play with a Broken Cyborg from Abandoned start (Hospital).  Welcome any feedback people might have on gameplay or recording itself.

Feedback

-Dont worry about running over/killing every zombie.  Youll get to the point where you will have a feel for how fast they are and what you can do.  especially early on vehicle integrity is more important that health.
-Rags in hospitals is a fair point.  Hospitals are 'hardcoded' though, so somebody would have to code them in.  Besides, hospitals are a dangerous place for new characters, best to do what you did.
-Fire.  I cannot stress enough that fire will kills faster than most new players, and can hit things while you are hitting other things.
-Dont make bindles.  Youre better off, in this case, using your van and just making several trips.
-Furthermore, bindles are hugely encumbering on the hands and prevents using one hand.  Make makeshift slings from sheets instead.

-Sheets can be found in every house window.  {s}mash them and take the 2 sheets and 1 long string.

Im listening, not watching though
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: April 05, 2016, 02:14:37 pm »

You can also get sheets from windows by closing them, examining them, and tearing them down. Less noise and you still have glass in the frame, which can be useful way down the line.

Other feedback:
 -The video starts a tad late, it cuts off the beginning of your comments.
 -Your keyboard is somewhat loud in the video
 -Marking heli crashsites so you can find them after getting a shovel or the like can be useful, as they often have loot hidden underneath the wreckage.

And in other news, I may well be attempting to record a series again for Cata, so...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 02:33:11 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: April 05, 2016, 03:17:29 pm »

Take my mod!

. . . actually, its pretty popular as it stands, so I guess you dont have to

In other news, its nearing completion of its merging into the core game mod.  We has fungus which Im adding now, and then the support files for fungus and then the doom and its final supporting files.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 03:19:12 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: April 05, 2016, 04:27:49 pm »

Wow, can't believe I apparently haven't posted here yet.

Anyway, I did wanna ask about whether encumbrance got changed. I'm used to encumbrance being the number in the brackets, so what does this thing here mean exactly?

I take it the x+y is now encumbrance now? How do I read what exactly that is though? And do the bracketed numbers mean anything anymore?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: April 05, 2016, 04:32:47 pm »

Encumbrance gained a new digit, so to speak.

instead of single-digit value, each one is broken down into double-digit values, from 00-xx.

It allows partial encumbrance and allows layers to matter more.

Every 10 increments the system penalizes you.  So 9 encumbrance is considered completely unencumbered, but 10 incurs encumbrance penalty of 1.  19 is 1 encumbrance, but 20 is 2 penalties.
  The penalties are very similiar to the old system.

In addition, there are layering penalties now, which is the number on the right of the plus.  This results when you add items that share the same layer.  By default, the penalty is 02, or one-fifth a penalty.  Bulky or otherwise large objects may count for more.

There layers can be identified in the items description.  Layers are:
-close to the body
-over all that over crap
-strapped to you
-strapped to the waist

PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: April 05, 2016, 04:36:56 pm »

Also, the bracketed number is how warm that body part is. Handy for seeing what you need to take off or layer up.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: April 05, 2016, 06:17:28 pm »

Well, the warmth on the right, I knew about, just was wondering about the brackets on the left. Thanks for the info though.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: April 05, 2016, 06:40:33 pm »

Oh, that? I have no clue what those are for either. I think that they might actually be the old encumbrance counters, disabled but not removed.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: April 05, 2016, 07:32:45 pm »

I could not find a hoe.   Anywhere.  I found a plow in a farm building.  I have decent mechanics so I decided to fix my problem by creating a custom tractor.

I'm pretty sure the workplace safety folks would be proud of my creation.   It's a small 3x3 tractor made mostly out of extra light frame 2 (diffrent size) bike wheels in front for steering, a bicycle seat, a sports car engine, alternator, battery and 2L fuel tank directly under the seat. A plow under the engine, a seed drill behind the seat, and a pair of semi truck tires for the back wheels.

My mental image of this thing is terrifying.  Yer balancing on a bicycle seat on top of a huge engine that is precariously close to the gas tank as well as a major spark source.  And falling off the seat while moving gives you either death by bisection from the plow or being flattened under the semi tires.  I'm so proud.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: April 05, 2016, 08:04:09 pm »

...Highly tempted to draw that, to be honest.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: April 05, 2016, 08:45:17 pm »

You can use shovels, digging sticks, or the like to till ground...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: April 05, 2016, 08:46:21 pm »

You can use shovels, digging sticks, or the like to till ground...
Hoes have to distinct advantage of not needing to use the construction menu.  Their {a}pplied use is to make a dirt mount
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 451