Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825163 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3105 on: April 02, 2016, 03:52:29 pm »

It could also be trying to keep track of mobs in offloaded ones, while I am throwing around ideas why it does that.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: April 03, 2016, 04:20:03 pm »

for those who lose interest in the game after surviving for a long time and becoming op, i found out a trick to make cata great again by realistically rping your own self in the game. for example, i dont imagine myself sewing my socks to make them sturdier or read books about medieval armor..and by that i basically make the game way more challenging and realistic, at least for me.

hell, i wouldnt even think of sitting down and sewing anything

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: April 03, 2016, 04:39:58 pm »

My arms and legs are broken, and nobody on this half of town has any books about medical procedures so that I can raise my First Aid to 1 and make some splints.
There is a library on the other side of town, however.
I've got my baseball bat and all of my cocaine. Let's see how this works out.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: April 03, 2016, 05:01:00 pm »

Make some zombie pheromones?

If your survival is high enough you can make a zombie slave and then rip some pheromones out of that.

Then do a night raid and squeeze the balls if you get into trouble.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: April 03, 2016, 07:46:58 pm »

I took my usual car design of a tricycle with some cargo carriers on the back, and replaced the front wheel with 3 road roller drums in a line.

The result was basically a steamroller capable of exceeding 130 mph.  It was glorious.  Then it accidentally hit a giant frog at 100 mph when about to cross a bridge.  Splattered the frog absolutely everywhere (the gibspray left on the ground was bigger than the car) and caused it to skid through the bridge's concrete railing and sink like a rock.

I think the frog used it's leap ability to jump in front of me to cause the crash on purpose.  Swamp critters are smarter than they would seem...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 07:50:01 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: April 03, 2016, 09:46:57 pm »

That sounds amazing.
Black lives matter.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: April 04, 2016, 01:16:51 pm »

Are tank drones more common in this version. I lost a character that had just escaped from a lab (unwilling mutant start) to a tank drone that was basically rampaging in the middle of a town, blowing up houses and zombies like nobody's business.

I then make another unwilling mutant start, escape the lab using a portable teleporter after being shot a bit by the turret, run towards the closest down and, guess what, tank drone rampaging around. I actualy managed to escape that one, though.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: April 04, 2016, 01:17:38 pm »

No, sounds like you have been blessed.

Feel the blessing of RNG as it bathes you in napalm and 120mm rounds
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: April 04, 2016, 05:52:07 pm »

Anyone find some of the storage numbers on items really odd? For instance, the survivor runner pack, which has a storage of 18 and is made from stuff that has a storage of around 50?
Highly Opinionated Fool

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: April 04, 2016, 06:03:58 pm »

Running packs are slim so you don't have all your shit bouncing around while you run. :P
Black lives matter.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3115 on: April 04, 2016, 06:15:23 pm »

for those who lose interest in the game after surviving for a long time and becoming op, i found out a trick to make cata great again by realistically rping your own self in the game. for example, i dont imagine myself sewing my socks to make them sturdier or read books about medieval armor..and by that i basically make the game way more challenging and realistic, at least for me.

Oh yeah, I've done this a bit. I tend to die because of all the physical flaws.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: April 04, 2016, 06:59:36 pm »

I tried to do that a few times.  I lasted a couple days once.  The big flaws to that for me are that the things I wouldn't even consider doing are mechanics and construction which are some of the most enjoyable parts of the game, while things I actually am good at and willing to try from scratch are computers and electronics.  Which by comparison bring little to the table.

Also by comparison I think we need may a stronger version of languorous.  I honestly don't think I could run even that far before either throwing up or passing out. :P
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: April 04, 2016, 07:03:56 pm »

There should really be some form of progression for fitness/strength. Afterall, after running away from zombies for a year or three you would think that they would be a little stronger, right?

Yes, there is that one mod, but its more of a hack than anything else
Highly Opinionated Fool

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: April 04, 2016, 07:06:40 pm »

Oh yeah, I've done this a bit. I tend to die because of all the physical flaws.
I used to do that a lot. I tended to either get killed because I was too weak to fight zombies in melee or retrospectively realize I made a minmaxed monstrosity who only vaguely resembles me.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: April 04, 2016, 07:08:12 pm »

I do it fairly often, actually. although then I feel the need to give me all the stuff that I normally carry...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 451