Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 824939 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2715 on: December 30, 2015, 12:27:32 am »

I thought that you where saying that you needed the item of thread in your inventory in addition to it taking charges from the tool you where using.

That makes slightly more sense that they jsut upped the numbers by a factor of what sounds like 5.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: December 30, 2015, 08:01:22 am »

Maybe you should try a kit? Honestly, it'd make sense to have better tools be more efficient. Also,  you should get thread from string rather than rags, it's much faster.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2717 on: December 30, 2015, 09:45:09 am »

I'm kinda curious what they're using as the unit length for a charge of thread.
If it's only 1cm/charge, then I think the new numbers would be much more appropriate.
I use a couple feet of thread when I IRL thoroughly repair just a moderately sized rip/tear (say between 3-6")
The reinforcing process would basically involve stitching on top of most existing stitches, as well as adding a few cross-panel stitches on the more vulnerable non-seam areas.

Rough estimate for me to fully reinforce a t-shirt, the low end I would put at probably... ~35-50' depending on size.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: December 30, 2015, 11:31:14 am »

I doubt the units are anything resembling centimeters. The sewing kit has a maximum of 200 charges, and even the smallest spool of thread I can think of for a sewing kit can hold much more than two meters of thread.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: December 30, 2015, 11:33:03 am »

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: December 30, 2015, 12:11:07 pm »

lol I no rite
thincake

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: December 30, 2015, 06:30:05 pm »

So if a zombie grabs me, and another zombie walks into range, I'm still grabbed even if I kill the original grabber AND it says the additional zombie failed to grab me as well.

Is this intentional? It seems a bit silly that its impossible to break a grab by killing the thing that grabbed you if anything else that can grab is in range.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: December 30, 2015, 07:04:26 pm »

So if a zombie grabs me, and another zombie walks into range, I'm still grabbed even if I kill the original grabber AND it says the additional zombie failed to grab me as well.

Is this intentional? It seems a bit silly that its impossible to break a grab by killing the thing that grabbed you if anything else that can grab is in range.

It must be hard mode. The AI is cheating.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2723 on: December 30, 2015, 07:19:13 pm »

Pretty sure the game just registers the player as grabbed as long as there's a hostile creature adjacent, rather than also registering the grabber.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: December 30, 2015, 07:22:12 pm »

Grabbers/graplers/wrestling brutes are top priority targets.  You get a spitter on you and youre grabbed you're gonna have a bad day even if you can 1 - 2 shot the zeds in question.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: December 30, 2015, 07:36:10 pm »

I'm kinda curious what they're using as the unit length for a charge of thread.

How many units of thread make a small string? 50? Small strings used to be called 6" strings, so one unit of thread would be 0.12", probably a bit more if you have to tie them together.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: December 30, 2015, 09:10:20 pm »

Don't forget that in order to have a usable string, you need to wrap/braid a lot of thread together, reducing the effective length of the string vs the length of thread. Honestly, its probably closer to 50 six inch pieces.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: December 30, 2015, 10:43:54 pm »

Pretty sure the game just registers the player as grabbed as long as there's a hostile creature adjacent, rather than also registering the grabber.
This is pretty close to the actual scenario, yeah. It's one of the current limitations of the effects system.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2728 on: December 30, 2015, 11:15:44 pm »

Small strings used to be called 6" strings, so one unit of thread would be 0.12", probably a bit more if you have to tie them together.
Ah, right, I forgot they had that specified once. Well then, I guess I've no idea how they're measuring the charges. (50 6" pieces would be a rope more than a string...)
My IRL estimate still stands, for what it's worth in future balancing/debate purposes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: December 30, 2015, 11:21:38 pm »

50 thread is 1 short string
6 short strings is 1 long string
6 Long Strings is 1 6' short rope
5 short ropes is a 30' long rope

30 rags is a short rope
1 short rope is a seatbelt
1 rag is 200 thread salvaged

And my personal favorites:
1 leather patch and 20 thread is a sling (david and goliath sling)
1 sling is deconned into 3 long strings
1 long string is broken into 6 short string and those into *50* thread each
900 thread minus 20 thread for the original recipe means 1 leather patch is worth 880 thread in 1.6 hours of work.
1 rag takes 2 hours to make 200 thread.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 11:28:29 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 451