Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825200 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2580 on: November 14, 2015, 05:08:23 pm »

Thats the flu.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: November 14, 2015, 11:00:41 pm »

What happened to the wiki?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: November 14, 2015, 11:05:03 pm »

Its been going down and coming up occassionally.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: November 15, 2015, 02:11:53 am »

Pretty much finished the game with my latest playthrough. Have yet to complete all the endgame spoilerish things, but I have some insane skills, can install any CBM I find right off the bat, have enough parts to build two or three tanks, and have a fortified warehouse in a forest with a little farm.

I'm wondering if there's any way to encourage some kind of defense mode style siege after a certain amount of time. I've always wanted to build a bunch of slingshot turrets and palisade walls and watch them work while I sit around hurriedly crafting a stone spear for myself. As it is, after I've found a vehicle I really have no enemies. Finding fuel and not running over the steel tanktraps that are bushes then become the only challenge until I get stronger parts.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Geltor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: November 16, 2015, 03:31:34 am »

Pretty much finished the game with my latest playthrough. Have yet to complete all the endgame spoilerish things, but I have some insane skills, can install any CBM I find right off the bat, have enough parts to build two or three tanks, and have a fortified warehouse in a forest with a little farm.

I'm wondering if there's any way to encourage some kind of defense mode style siege after a certain amount of time. I've always wanted to build a bunch of slingshot turrets and palisade walls and watch them work while I sit around hurriedly crafting a stone spear for myself. As it is, after I've found a vehicle I really have no enemies. Finding fuel and not running over the steel tanktraps that are bushes then become the only challenge until I get stronger parts.
pretty much my thoughts. endgame becomes uneventful and repetitive

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: November 16, 2015, 11:10:48 am »

Thats where the debug menu comes in.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: November 16, 2015, 11:15:16 am »

No, it's where you start amassing enough mininukes to demolish a city simultaneously.
thincake

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: November 16, 2015, 11:40:35 am »

No, it's where you start amassing enough mininukes to demolish a city simultaneously.

Mininuke all the spores.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: November 16, 2015, 08:16:04 pm »

I was thinking the same. Due to DF's dismal performance (trees are suspected to be the ones to blame, for what I hear), Cataclysm is one of my two closest stand-ins... but I can't quite replicate DF's "live-in-a-fortress" game.

Hordes and NPCs MIGHT make it more interesting in that regard. But both are at least somewhat broken (particularily hordes)  :-[
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: November 16, 2015, 11:10:10 pm »

I can easily see factions/fixed geographical world/more 'intelligent' skill progression, stress aquisition, and animal spawning as a fix.

Factions have npcs, almost all of whom can kill a skeleton these days.  NPCs are arguably one of the strongest critters in the game, what with gear and armor and drugs.  Missions, RP immersion, an a better ai will easily net more challange than any of the sandbox we do now.
I imagine npcs can be made to respond to noise, take limited drugs, patrol, and even 'storm, flank, or flee'.  and also npc drivers.  npc remote vehicle operator using a mounted turret on a shopping cart, where he controls the robot but is helplessly imobile?

A consistent worldgen that had an ocean/not ocean and rivers that led to dedicatee syopping points like lakes.  A sense pf solid geometry to set the stage for topography or faction specific oil rigs bases.

And a nerfed or reworked skill progression that focuses on longer term success and health.  I know phobias have been discussed.

NEwho, the reason Im posting.  Ive been <re>discovering why the hobo is such a solid choice over shower victims i did before.

Besides the clothing (basic no footwear) he has a pooch and bindle.  matches, pocketknife, wood, cloth, glass jars and gallon jugs, beans even.  I just  realized that skewers make needles.  So he could easily burn his bindle as a weapon, deconstruct it, craft skewers, and with 4-5 zoms have a sewing kit, turban, footwraps.  his starter kit is remarkably resiliant and flexible.

he can make cocktails off rip, and has enough booze for over a week of drinking
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: November 16, 2015, 11:39:30 pm »

Is there a safe way to heat up the inside of a vehicle? I'm living as a RV dweller and I feel like I should be able to warm up the thing without lighting a fire inside, but I honestly can't think of anything.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Rivet-the-Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Official C:DDA Website
« Reply #2591 on: November 16, 2015, 11:49:08 pm »

Is there a safe way to heat up the inside of a vehicle? I'm living as a RV dweller and I feel like I should be able to warm up the thing without lighting a fire inside, but I honestly can't think of anything.

Turn the engine on and it should provide climate control automatically.
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: November 16, 2015, 11:57:08 pm »

Oh I see, I lost my roof somewhere along the line.

I guess that would do it, huh?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: November 17, 2015, 01:43:02 am »

The long-term game I'd love to see would be starting a settlement of my own and finding/rescuing/recruiting/kidnapping NPCs to join it. Then giving them task like "build XYZ" or "farm" or the like while I go read Playboy or raid cannabis farms or poke giant ants with a stick. This would be viable even for road warrior -type players who could form several supply bases around the world to cruise between. (Only find them eaten by mi-go, of course.)

Alternative, of course, would be joining existing settlements. I've heard there is some sort of NPC settlement already in the game with static NPCs, but I still haven't found it a single time.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: November 17, 2015, 02:43:08 am »

You should probably suggest these things on the Cataclysm forums.
thincake
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 451