Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 825857 times)

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2115 on: September 02, 2015, 07:03:37 am »

the stage acaida got it to, is there any bits and pieces that could be expanded into other areas of the game as well ?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2116 on: September 03, 2015, 01:53:58 am »

Spraypaint messages on the ground and you get even closer.
"Amazing Trap Ahead"
* iceball3 looks forward to see a field of pure bubblewrap

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: September 03, 2015, 02:38:27 pm »

The team lost acidia, he was the guy working on the faction outpost stuff, so check back when you see him active on the DDA forums.
"lost" is kinda a relative term here. :P Ever since he came up with his first contribution to C:DDA acidia has always been a "here for a handful of weeks, disappear for a month or more" type of person. He's never really stuck around for long enough to truly be considered "on the team" any more than any other random person who shows up with a few JSON tweaks or a new building and then disappears is.

Which of course isn't to say that we don't appreciate those people or their contributions any less than those who stick around for longer times, after all a wide variety of people contributing is what makes open source so great (and the boundaries between sticking around for longer periods and shorter ones are nebulous at best, with large amounts of crossover as people's life happens), but it sure makes communication and working together easier when someone sticks around enough for you to discuss things with them instead of just vanishing and appearing at random intervals.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: September 03, 2015, 03:36:30 pm »

Yeah sorry, lost is the wrong word.  I guessed I used that strong of a word because I was really hyped for all the NPC/outpost stuff he did.  That is of course, acknowledging that he couldn't have done any of that without the foundation built by many other contributors.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: September 03, 2015, 09:08:48 pm »

So, I was raiding a town to get supplies for my deathmobile (I'm finding my driving stopped all too often by other derelict vehicles, and for some reason I fancy that a SHREDDER front will help me in this regard), and unfortunatedly that small town was plagued by zombie necromancers and hulks. I lured one or two away to kill them "leisuredly" (if such a word can apply to hulk sparring... even a couple of point blank shots with a sawed-off are little guarantee). Then, come night I noticed that one of the hulks lumbering around had crashed into a building, luring a lot of zombies in. So I sneaked to the side, and set the whole damn thing aflame. Burned it to the ground! Ha ha! Even better, the noise from the collapsing building lured a couple of hulks I had missed, and they burned too!

Good times.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: September 03, 2015, 11:42:15 pm »

PD:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: September 05, 2015, 03:23:21 am »

Fairly new player here, currently in the process of finding out how OP Skater Girls are. Those rollerskates are beautiful. 12 days so far.
But anyway, I never knew this game had any sound whatsoever. What're you talking about?

Haven't even gotten past day 3. What is your secret??

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: September 05, 2015, 04:11:17 am »

I'm no expert, as I said. Well, I didn't but I'm not really an expert.
Stealth is a big aspect. Close curtains before passing by them, avoid smashing if there's a quieter option, go out at night, make use of thrown distractions, duck into subways and lose them in the darkness.
Speed is also useful: As I said, rollerblades are ridiculously good for getting around town, and stimulants are also very helpful as long as you don't get addicted, although you can wait it off.
Skill up, too. I spent a fair amount of time at the start just grinding tailoring, fabrication and survival, so I can quickly rustle up , say, a makeshift crowbar or the like to aid in whatever circumstances I'm in.
Also, knowing your limits is good. I died an awful lot back when I was just starting (although I still do, of course :P) because I would be so invested in looting I'd end up only trying to return to base once I was tired or being swarmed by zombies.
thincake

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: September 05, 2015, 08:05:51 am »

The latest experimentals are hellish, day one and there are brutes, hulks,those machine gun like spitters and several fucking masters and necromancers,also predators.
I'm not sure if there is something broken regarding zombie half life or something along that.
Also found a laser turret.

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: September 05, 2015, 08:13:40 am »

A hulk collapsed my wooden 8x8 shack,broke the shitty buggy I had and then died to my laser turret,broke one of my legs and one arm.
Had to set up a large tent and a cot..all of this during a 30 day winter.
Grimdark.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: September 07, 2015, 03:02:47 am »

So in game I've found a few permanent markers and cans of spraypaint, but making a mark with them doesn't actually affect the displayed tile. This is inconvenient if I want to mark, say, a car to later siphon gas from - I have to walk directly over the mark in order to even realize it's there. I know I could start leaving certain items or dumping wine nearby to leave a visual mark, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a more realistic way to go about this.

That is, how to modify the displayed tile in order to mark an important location.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: September 07, 2015, 08:09:36 am »

For a car you could make notes on the overmap.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: September 07, 2015, 12:32:14 pm »

Yah, map notes are for cars, markers are mostly for marking where you dump yer loot for sorting.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: September 08, 2015, 04:52:50 am »

The latest experimentals are hellish, day one and there are brutes, hulks,those machine gun like spitters and several fucking masters and necromancers,also predators.
I'm not sure if there is something broken regarding zombie half life or something along that.
Also found a laser turret.

Are you playing the sheltered survivor start? That starts in winter and the game now accounts for the time that passed since spring so that you get more evolved zombies from the start and perishable food is rotten.

In my experience, at least.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: September 08, 2015, 11:07:20 am »

My laptop's graphics card has gone where we all have to go one day, unless we become zombies. So I thought about installing CDDA on my Ubuntu netbook.
Problem is: I have no idea about Linux, and it doesn't seem to be enough to download and unpack it. So, how do I start this?
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 451