Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 824900 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #1725 on: July 17, 2015, 11:45:44 am »

If you're standing on the tile or near the tile, I THINK you can drink from it without picking it up.

Also, you should be able to pick it up, even if it's really heavy, at least for the two turns to fill a canteen with it.

That said, a more permanent solution is to build a vehicle with a frame, a [water] tank, and a tap. Can use a shopping cart too if you want to be able to drag it around. Then fill up the water tank with the 55 gallon drum. You'll be able to drink directly from the tap or fill waterskins and such from it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: July 17, 2015, 11:46:19 am »

It used to be possible to pick up really heavy stuff by using the / extended inventory menu, haven't tried it recently though...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: July 17, 2015, 12:09:59 pm »

If you're standing on the tile or near the tile, I THINK you can drink from it without picking it up.

Also, you should be able to pick it up, even if it's really heavy, at least for the two turns to fill a canteen with it.

That said, a more permanent solution is to build a vehicle with a frame, a [water] tank, and a tap. Can use a shopping cart too if you want to be able to drag it around. Then fill up the water tank with the 55 gallon drum. You'll be able to drink directly from the tap or fill waterskins and such from it.

I cant drink from it and it won't even let me put it in my inventory because it's so heavy, but I will try that vehicle suggestion, sounds like just what I want. (EDIT: It seems that it as not clean water and I can still use it, no idea why I wasn't able to earlier)

Also, it seems there is a bug with NPCs, or at least bandits. They seem to be able to see you and shoot at your through trees. Hiding behind trees out of their line of sight with a shotgun was not a good idea.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 12:34:19 pm by Micro102 »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1728 on: July 17, 2015, 12:57:04 pm »

You can lift any item, regardless of weight, if you have nothing in your hands.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: July 17, 2015, 12:57:26 pm »

I believe you can unload the barrel and it will then ask where you want to place the water.

I can't pick up the barrel, too heavy. And I also found out that rain water is NOT clean, but for some reason it magically turns clean in a 55 gallon drum. Sort of messes with the entire reason I got the drum...

You can pick it up if your hands are empty. You might be in pain from the weight, but you should still be able to pick it up.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 17, 2015, 12:59:20 pm »

I believe you can unload the barrel and it will then ask where you want to place the water.

I can't pick up the barrel, too heavy. And I also found out that rain water is NOT clean, but for some reason it magically turns clean in a 55 gallon drum. Sort of messes with the entire reason I got the drum...

You can pick it up if your hands are empty. You might be in pain from the weight, but you should still be able to pick it up.

I just tried again, it says "The 55 gallon drum of water (795) is too heavy!". My hands were empty.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1731 on: July 17, 2015, 01:01:17 pm »

Huh. A change in experimental perhaps?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: July 17, 2015, 01:55:58 pm »

That's actually been the case for a very very long time.  The weight threshold is very high but as far as I know there was always a point where you just were incapable of even lifting something that was far too heavy.  Before the advanced inventory management at least, I recall encountering parts that were just too heavy to move and I had to drive my car there with tools and install on site.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: July 17, 2015, 01:57:44 pm »

And I also found out that rain water is NOT clean, but for some reason it magically turns clean in a 55 gallon drum. Sort of messes with the entire reason I got the drum...
Out of curiosity, for what purpose do you need uncertain water that couldn't be done with clean water?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 17, 2015, 02:03:46 pm »

That's actually been the case for a very very long time.  The weight threshold is very high but as far as I know there was always a point where you just were incapable of even lifting something that was far too heavy.  Before the advanced inventory management at least, I recall encountering parts that were just too heavy to move and I had to drive my car there with tools and install on site.

Or grab a shopping cart and stick it in there.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: July 17, 2015, 03:41:03 pm »

And I also found out that rain water is NOT clean, but for some reason it magically turns clean in a 55 gallon drum. Sort of messes with the entire reason I got the drum...
Out of curiosity, for what purpose do you need uncertain water that couldn't be done with clean water?

Well if I cannot fill a canteen from the drum, the next best thing is to boil water int a canteen with crafting. But you need dirty water to craft clean water.

I wish. The thing has a volume of like, 865. The only way to transport is to have it empty and wield it. Or do a million inventory manager movements.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 17, 2015, 03:51:14 pm »

Well if I cannot fill a canteen from the drum, the next best thing is to boil water int a canteen with crafting. But you need dirty water to craft clean water.

I wish. The thing has a volume of like, 865. The only way to transport is to have it empty and wield it. Or do a million inventory manager movements.
Wait, wasn't it possible to Unload things in the same tile that you're standing in? I seem to recall it from somewhere, implemented because of needing to unload turrets or something.

edit: just checked, and it works. You need your hands empty, stand in the same tile as something you need unloaded, and press "U". You'll be able to choose from items on the ground.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 03:54:21 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: July 17, 2015, 03:56:05 pm »

Wait, wasn't it possible to Unload things in the same tile that you're standing in? I seem to recall it from somewhere, implemented because of needing to unload turrets or something.

edit: just checked, and it works. You need your hands empty, stand in the same tile as something you need unloaded, and press "U". You'll be able to choose from items on the ground.

Omg all those hours wasted picking up and dropping anything with batteries.

Rivet-the-Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • C:DDA Developer
    • View Profile
    • Official C:DDA Website
« Reply #1738 on: July 17, 2015, 03:59:43 pm »

And I also found out that rain water is NOT clean, for some reason it magically turns clean in a 55 gallon drum

I can't see any way that this could possibly be happening. The code for filling containers doesn't change the type of liquid, it just moves it around.

I just tried again, it says "The 55 gallon drum of water (795) is too heavy!". My hands were empty.

Note that if it were clean water, then that would be a 55 gallon drum of clean water (795) instead.

Enjoy your new parasites!
“No! I must kill the demons” she shouted
The radio said “No, Rivet. You are the demons”
And then Rivet was a zombie.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 17, 2015, 04:13:26 pm »

And I also found out that rain water is NOT clean, for some reason it magically turns clean in a 55 gallon drum

I can't see any way that this could possibly be happening. The code for filling containers doesn't change the type of liquid, it just moves it around.

Note that if it were clean water, then that would be a 55 gallon drum of clean water (795) instead.

Enjoy your new parasites!

Yeah I already mentioned that it was actually dirty water. I got confused due to 2 things. One was the word "clean" when examining the drum, and the second was that I couldn't use it in crafting because it was on the other side of a display case. apparently in order to use things to craft you need to be able to walk in a straight line to it, not just see it.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 451